2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

2 hours ago, ctm said:

...arguably the biggest wolf in the entire draft.

I won't question your analysis because this stuff is so subjective but honestly, I don't see what you're seeing.  He's a hustle king and he uses his hands pretty well but biggest wolf of the entire draft?  That's a bold statement.  

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

I won't question your analysis because this stuff is so subjective but honestly, I don't see what you're seeing.  He's a hustle king and he uses his hands pretty well but biggest wolf of the entire draft?  That's a bold statement.  

Wolf is a term used by JRob.  I interpret it to be a player who gives maximum effort and plays with a controlled mean streak.

One of the toughest, most physical football players on the planet. High character prospect who will play through injury and work his tail off on every snap. Motor never quits.

Plays with a tireless effort. Is consistently flying to the football, regardless of his location on the field.

Plays like an animal! Those flowing blond locks look like they are on fire! Competes with every ounce of his being on every rep. Never content being blocked and battles hard in pursuit. Relentless in every sense of the word.

You won’t find a more relentless and urgent football player than Chase Winovich. The dude plays every snap like it could be his last. What makes him such an intriguing prospect is that he blends a hot motor with outstanding hand usage, processing skills and play strength which gives him playmaking upside against the run and pass.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/

Edited by ctm

6 minutes ago, ctm said:

Wolf is a term used by JRob.  I interpret it to be a player who gives maximum effort and plays with a controlled mean streak.

One of the toughest, most physical football players on the planet. High character prospect who will play through injury and work his tail off on every snap. Motor never quits.

Plays with a tireless effort. Is consistently flying to the football, regardless of his location on the field.

Plays like an animal! Those flowing blond locks look like they are on fire! Competes with every ounce of his being on every rep. Never content being blocked and battles hard in pursuit. Relentless in every sense of the word.

You won’t find a more relentless and urgent football player than Chase Winovich. The dude plays every snap like it could be his last. What makes him such an intriguing prospect is that he blends a hot motor with outstanding hand usage, processing skills and play strength which gives him playmaking upside against the run and pass.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

Yea, I get what you're saying now.  I'm aware of Jrob's quote.  I just took it in another context.  Thanks for clarifying.  Makes more sense now.  

1 minute ago, ctm said:

Check out #19

The two main things I took out of that PFF top 50 was Noah Fant has a high drop rate and that Dexter Lawrence was only the 12th highest rated IDL pass rusher.

I'm not considering an IDL in the first round who ranks outside the top 10 in pass rushing metrics, can find run stuffers later in the draft. 

9 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The two main things I took out of that PFF top 50 was Noah Fant has a high drop rate and that Dexter Lawrence was only the 12th highest rated IDL pass rusher.

I'm not considering an IDL in the first round who ranks outside the top 10 in pass rushing metrics, can find run stuffers later in the draft. 

They can probably get Daylon Mack in 3rd.  In addition an IDL doesn't give the team a full 1000 snaps, a RG does that.  One of the things that Conklin, Davis and Jackson have in common is that they could all play 1000 snaps (if healthy).

3 minutes ago, ctm said:

They can probably get Daylon Mack in 3rd.  In addition an IDL doesn't give the team a full 1000 snaps, a RG does that.  One of the things that Conklin, Davis and Jackson have in common is that they could all play 1000 snaps (if healthy).

I'm less convinced than I was a couple of weeks ago that IOL will be the pick in the first round, while it is obviously impossible to truly know what JRob is thinking, from the information we currently have they are doing a lot of work on day 2 OL prospects.

Aussie - Just curious based on your gut and what has transpired over the past two weeks. What do you sense as the pick at 19? I have a sense the Titans love Oliver and make a trade up to around 11 if he makes it to that point.

What would be needed to jump from 19 to 11 from a draft capital perspective? If this does happen how does it shake out the rest of the draft from a position perspective?

Edited by Dream34
Got the wrong quote.

24 minutes ago, Dream34 said:

Aussie - Just curious based on your gut and what has transpired over the past two weeks. What do you sense as the pick at 19? I have a sense the Titans love Oliver and make a trade up to around 11 if he makes it to that point.

What would be needed to jump from 19 to 11 from a draft capital perspective? If this does happen how does it shake out the rest of the draft from a position perspective?

Right now given the known player visits/meetings I think it will be IDL at #19, that opinion could change over the next fortnight if we find out a few of the top IOL guys (Ford/Bradbury/Lindstrom) have top 30 visits.

As for trading up for Ed Oliver i'm not sure it becomes a realistic possibility unless he makes it to the Dolphins at #13, any higher than that and your likely giving up at least a 2nd rounder and maybe a later round pick as well.

18 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Right now given the known player visits/meetings I think it will be IDL at #19, that opinion could change over the next fortnight if we find out a few of the top IOL guys (Ford/Bradbury/Lindstrom) have top 30 visits.

As for trading up for Ed Oliver i'm not sure it becomes a realistic possibility unless he makes it to the Dolphins at #13, any higher than that and your likely giving up at least a 2nd rounder and maybe a later round pick as well.

I think Burns/Oliver are the defenders they are targeting. If they hit that sweet spot they could trade up.

As far as IDL, only one I think worth taking is Simmons, but ideally you would drop down a few spots and pick him up. I don’t think Wilkins and Lawrence are worth #19 as the depth at IDL in this draft is so good. I would rather draft Saunders, Wren, Mack, PJ Johnson, or Wise somewhere in Rounds 2-4.

2 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

I think Burns/Oliver are the defenders they are targeting. If they hit that sweet spot they could trade up.

As far as IDL, only one I think worth taking is Simmons, but ideally you would drop down a few spots and pick him up. I don’t think Wilkins and Lawrence are worth #19 as the depth at IDL in this draft is so good. I would rather draft Saunders, Wren, Mack, PJ Johnson, or Wise somewhere in Rounds 2-4.

I'm not a big fan of Wilkins either but I can see him being a guy JRob would love, I would roll the dice with Simmons at #19 even though you probably get next to nothing from him in 2019, assuming he recovers from the ACL injury he could be something special.

Regarding Burns/Oliver we are obviously interested in both of them, if either of them make it to #13 I could see JRob at least calling the Dolphins to see what the cost would be to get up there.

35 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I'm not a big fan of Wilkins either but I can see him being a guy JRob would love, I would roll the dice with Simmons at #19 even though you probably get next to nothing from him in 2019, assuming he recovers from the ACL injury he could be something special.

Regarding Burns/Oliver we are obviously interested in both of them, if either of them make it to #13 I could see JRob at least calling the Dolphins to see what the cost would be to get up there.

Which games were you impressed with of Simmons?  I've watched two games of his and he didn't jump of the screen to me.  I was more impressed with Sweat.  Just trying to figure out which ones to watch.

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic