Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all together and sticks around for a long long time.  

flashbacks to Evans last year

@Justafan I'm curious to get your take on Dexter Lawrence. I know you have been an advocate for a big NT for a while. Opinions on the board differ from poster to poster. @AussieTitanFan08 and I have had some spirited, but civil debate about him as a prospect (nothing that rivals the debate we had about Ramsey in 16 though).

Justafan   
Just now, BeedoeLaw said:

@Justafan I'm curious to get your take on Dexter Lawrence. I know you have been an advocate for a big NT for a while. Opinions on the board differ from poster to poster. @AussieTitanFan08 and I have had some spirited, but civil debate about him as a prospect (nothing that rivals the debate we had about Ramsey in 16 though).

Everyone plays mostly 4-2 fronts now and the threat in the division is more passing than running.  The Titans weren't great against the run last year but I think they're more likely to look at a penetrating DT as Austin Johnson can be a big guy who takes on blocks.  A NT has value but in this defense and in the modern NFL they've lost some of that so at 19, personally, I would rather go in another direction.

I wouldn't be mad about it or anything though.  Kid is a good player.  I just question how many snaps he would play.  I see him more of a massive run stuffing guy and I would rather them get a penetrator.  I think you can find run stuffers later on.  Just my two cents.  

3 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Differences of opinion is one of the fun things about the whole draft process, if everyone had the same opinion the whole process would be boring.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Differences of opinion is one of the fun things about the whole draft process, if everyone had the same opinion the whole process would be boring.

It's what I enjoy as well. @Justafan, @Mythos27, and countless others had one hell of a debate over Jalen Ramsey in 16. It went on for weeks, well until we made the trade of course. I kind of think we formed a some sort of bond during that debate for whatever reason.

🤣

Justafan   
1 minute ago, BeedoeLaw said:

It's what I enjoy as well. @Justafan, @Mythos27, and countless others had one hell of a debate over Jalen Ramsey in 16. It went on for weeks, well until we made the trade of course. I kind of think we formed a some sort of bond during that debate for whatever reason.

🤣

It was passionate on both sides.  Everyone dug their heels in and probably trusted their initial reactions a little too much.  Clearly, I was wrong about the kid.  I debated @big2033 , I think it was him, about it even after he had played several games and showed promise because I was still convinced it was only a matter of time before the kid busted.

Oh well.  Anyone who puts their opinions out there misses sometimes.  

Mythos27   
1 hour ago, BeedoeLaw said:

🤣

Any time you can have a long passionate debate but are able to avoid getting personal and keep it about football its a great experience. Not everyone on this board can have those conversations without getting all butt-hurt and taking it personally. 

18 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Think JRob has done a decent job getting solid across the board depth on the roster, what we lack is "elite" talent at individual positions.

Entering the draft he is in a position where there is a serviceable starter in place in every spot, it's time to start taking BPA rather than what he has done his first 3 drafts which is BPA at position of need.

If that position happens to be a C/OG/TE/IDL rather than Edge so be it.

Would much prefer he took Simmons/Hockenson/Bradbury/Ford/Lindstrom than Ferrell/Wilkins/Lawrence who might be seen to play a position of more immediate need.

I think its helpful to look at our visits/meetings so far. TE doesnt scratch the surface. Looks to be #1. Edge #2. Oline #3  WR/DT/DB (S)

20 minutes ago, titanruss said:

I think its helpful to look at our visits/meetings so far. TE doesnt scratch the surface. Looks to be #1. Edge #2. Oline #3  WR/DT/DB (S)

Want to wait till we start seeing some of the 30 visits before drawing too many conclusions from who we have met with so far.

10 hours ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Second great route example I've seen from Mr. Hurd. Impressive for a guy in his first year playing WR in college games. I'm starting to want this kid in the 3rd.

i think he's exactly what we need offensively. The size and speed at WR. Opportunity to move him inside/out/slot/HB/RB/return... 

He just lacks the production at the WR position. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000993504/article/baylor-wr-jalen-hurds-imperfect-but-calculated-path-to-the-nfl

Probably a guy who wont make a big impact at receiver for a couple of years but he could be a good weapon in other ways. 

Thats said, 3rd round seems really high for his transfer history, newness to the position, and slightly above average RB/WR production. If we can get him in 4th/5th and we havent got a TE or another WR yet.. then yeah you go for him. 

10 hours ago, Justafan said:

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all together and sticks around for a long long time.  

You ever met him? He’s a total bro but super nice. I can just picture him back in college slaying so much ass.