Jump to content
Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all together and sticks around for a long long time.  

flashbacks to Evans last year

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Justafan I'm curious to get your take on Dexter Lawrence. I know you have been an advocate for a big NT for a while. Opinions on the board differ from poster to poster. @AussieTitanFan08 and I have had some spirited, but civil debate about him as a prospect (nothing that rivals the debate we had about Ramsey in 16 though).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justafan   
Just now, BeedoeLaw said:

@Justafan I'm curious to get your take on Dexter Lawrence. I know you have been an advocate for a big NT for a while. Opinions on the board differ from poster to poster. @AussieTitanFan08 and I have had some spirited, but civil debate about him as a prospect (nothing that rivals the debate we had about Ramsey in 16 though).

Everyone plays mostly 4-2 fronts now and the threat in the division is more passing than running.  The Titans weren't great against the run last year but I think they're more likely to look at a penetrating DT as Austin Johnson can be a big guy who takes on blocks.  A NT has value but in this defense and in the modern NFL they've lost some of that so at 19, personally, I would rather go in another direction.

 

I wouldn't be mad about it or anything though.  Kid is a good player.  I just question how many snaps he would play.  I see him more of a massive run stuffing guy and I would rather them get a penetrator.  I think you can find run stuffers later on.  Just my two cents.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

@Justafan I'm curious to get your take on Dexter Lawrence. I know you have been an advocate for a big NT for a while. Opinions on the board differ from poster to poster. @AussieTitanFan08 and I have had some spirited, but civil debate about him as a prospect (nothing that rivals the debate we had about Ramsey in 16 though).

Differences of opinion is one of the fun things about the whole draft process, if everyone had the same opinion the whole process would be boring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Differences of opinion is one of the fun things about the whole draft process, if everyone had the same opinion the whole process would be boring.

It's what I enjoy as well. @Justafan, @Mythos27, and countless others had one hell of a debate over Jalen Ramsey in 16. It went on for weeks, well until we made the trade of course. I kind of think we formed a some sort of bond during that debate for whatever reason.

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justafan   
1 minute ago, BeedoeLaw said:

It's what I enjoy as well. @Justafan, @Mythos27, and countless others had one hell of a debate over Jalen Ramsey in 16. It went on for weeks, well until we made the trade of course. I kind of think we formed a some sort of bond during that debate for whatever reason.

🤣

It was passionate on both sides.  Everyone dug their heels in and probably trusted their initial reactions a little too much.  Clearly, I was wrong about the kid.  I debated @big2033 , I think it was him, about it even after he had played several games and showed promise because I was still convinced it was only a matter of time before the kid busted.

 

Oh well.  Anyone who puts their opinions out there misses sometimes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mythos27   
1 hour ago, BeedoeLaw said:

It's what I enjoy as well. @Justafan, @Mythos27, and countless others had one hell of a debate over Jalen Ramsey in 16. It went on for weeks, well until we made the trade of course. I kind of think we formed a some sort of bond during that debate for whatever reason.

🤣

Any time you can have a long passionate debate but are able to avoid getting personal and keep it about football its a great experience. Not everyone on this board can have those conversations without getting all butt-hurt and taking it personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Think JRob has done a decent job getting solid across the board depth on the roster, what we lack is "elite" talent at individual positions.

 

Entering the draft he is in a position where there is a serviceable starter in place in every spot, it's time to start taking BPA rather than what he has done his first 3 drafts which is BPA at position of need.

 

If that position happens to be a C/OG/TE/IDL rather than Edge so be it.

 

Would much prefer he took Simmons/Hockenson/Bradbury/Ford/Lindstrom than Ferrell/Wilkins/Lawrence who might be seen to play a position of more immediate need.

I think its helpful to look at our visits/meetings so far. TE doesnt scratch the surface. Looks to be #1. Edge #2. Oline #3  WR/DT/DB (S)
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, titanruss said:

I think its helpful to look at our visits/meetings so far. TE doesnt scratch the surface. Looks to be #1. Edge #2. Oline #3  WR/DT/DB (S)
 

 

Want to wait till we start seeing some of the 30 visits before drawing too many conclusions from who we have met with so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BeedoeLaw said:

 

Second great route example I've seen from Mr. Hurd. Impressive for a guy in his first year playing WR in college games. I'm starting to want this kid in the 3rd.

i think he's exactly what we need offensively. The size and speed at WR. Opportunity to move him inside/out/slot/HB/RB/return... 

 

He just lacks the production at the WR position. 

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000993504/article/baylor-wr-jalen-hurds-imperfect-but-calculated-path-to-the-nfl

 

Probably a guy who wont make a big impact at receiver for a couple of years but he could be a good weapon in other ways. 

 

Thats said, 3rd round seems really high for his transfer history, newness to the position, and slightly above average RB/WR production. If we can get him in 4th/5th and we havent got a TE or another WR yet.. then yeah you go for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Justafan said:

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all together and sticks around for a long long time.  

You ever met him? He’s a total bro but super nice. I can just picture him back in college slaying so much ass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...