Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

OILERMAN   
25 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

His goal was to change the combination of a losing franchise stuck in ineptitude with a country club feel into a contender. He’s done his job.

That has absolutely nothing to do with draft strategy and the Titans haven't been a contender yet

Soxcat   

The ONLY reason we are not in the thick of things is because we have MM at QB.  The Chargers for example without Rivers would not be 12-4 (they were 12-4 minus Bosa most of the year).  We have been over this before and you end up looking stupid.

We got two 1sts, 2 seconds and 2 3rd round picks in the trade with the Rams.  Davis was one of those picks the next year.  Henry was one of those picks.  So just looking at face value we got Conklin, Davis and Henry along with Austin Johnson.  We used our own picks to take Dodd and Byard.  So yea, it is debatable if all those good players are better than one Bosa but at the time it was the best thing for the team. 

Tomachek   

I have a funny feeling we are going offense early a combination of TE/WR/G/C and filling out the defense later in the draft.  

Maybe I'm misreading this franchise but I can't see us taking Simmons.  That video is going to be in heavy rotation at draft time.  

59 minutes ago, Supernope said:

Maybe I'm misreading this franchise but I can't see us taking Simmons.  That video is going to be in heavy rotation at draft time.  

I guess the question is how long do you hold that against him? It was more than 4 years ago while he was still in high school. It was an awful thing, but at the same time he was defending his family. From what everyone says at Miss State, he was a model citizen and a great leader on that team.

18 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

I guess the question is how long do you hold that against him? It was more than 4 years ago while he was still in high school. It was an awful thing, but at the same time he was defending his family. From what everyone says at Miss State, he was a model citizen and a great leader on that team.

I think the Titans will steer clear due to that video.  But even if they do pass on him we can't know if that's the reason.  Jrob has passed on major injury questions  (Myles Jack, Jaylon Smith) even though they were at a position of need.  

ctm   

I detected a sense of urgency from JRob when he said the team needs to get past the 9-7 hump.  It's hard for me to see Simmons as the pick when he probably won't play until November at the earliest and then in a rotation.  That's not a lot of snaps when an IOL would give the team a full 1000 snaps of production.  They would have to be convinced that Simmons is a completely game changer in the Haynsworth mold and be willing to take a longer term view to justify the pick.

12 minutes ago, ctm said:

I detected a sense of urgency from JRob when he said the team needs to get past the 9-7 hump.  It's hard for me to see Simmons as the pick when he probably won't play until November at the earliest and then in a rotation.  That's not a lot of snaps when an IOL would give the team a full 1000 snaps of production.  They would have to be convinced that Simmons is a completely game changer in the Haynsworth mold and be willing to take a longer term view to justify the pick.

It didn’t particularly seem like urgency to me. It seemed like he believes the roster as it is currently shaped is ready to take the next step into being a true contender. If it wasn’t for the injuries last year I think we would have been in the top tier of the AFC. We have more talent than any other team in the South, and really in the AFC with Pit dismantling. It all depends on Mariota staying healthy and being more consistent. 

ctm   
2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It didn’t particularly seem like urgency to me. It seemed like he believes the roster as it is currently shaped is ready to take the next step into being a true contender. If it wasn’t for the injuries last year I think we would have been in the top tier of the AFC. We have more talent than any other team in the South, and really in the AFC with Pit dismantling. It all depends on Mariota staying healthy and being more consistent. 

It's not popular to say around here, but the Colts have a better roster than the Titans, imo.  Until the Titans can beat them on the field, they are fighting for a wildcard.

Just now, ctm said:

It's not popular to say around here, but the Colts have a better roster than the Titans, imo.  Until the Titans can beat them on the field, they are fighting for a wildcard.

How do you figure? We have a better defense by a good bit. We have better weapons. They have a better o line and QB. Obviously I’ll take the Colts overall roster because of Luck, but sans Luck it isn’t really that close imo

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You’re too stupid to be diagnosed as a retard. We’ll have to figure out a different name for the board idiot.