Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

47 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Very good point you make here and we all heard the Gronk trade rumors last off-season, so maybe they could via Hockensen as a once-a-decade type player. I imagine if they went down this road, they likely would try and trade Smith or Firkser potentially.

Or just cut them. They have no value

On 1/17/2019 at 1:24 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Excellent first Episode of the Draft Show for this Draft season, digs in on a lot of the guys we have been discussing early this draft season, Kyler Murray/Andy Isabella/TJ Hockenson/Irv Smith Jnr/Quinnen Williams/Josh Allen.

Highly recommend this show to people interested in the draft. The coverage is based around the Cowboys, but there’s a lot to glean on players in general. Been listening to it for a couple years.

Kyle021   
On 1/17/2019 at 11:28 AM, headhunter said:

Or just cut them. They have no value

Smith has Value. He at worst is a young Jared Cook. Can’t block but can be a deadly receiver in the seams. 

You could get a 5th for him or a backup RB like Rod Smith from Dallas who needs a TE

Just now, Kyle021 said:

Smith has Value. He at worst is a young Jared Cook. Can’t block but can be a deadly receiver in the seams. 

You could get a 5th for him or a backup RB like Rod Smith from Dallas who needs a TE

Why would a team trade for Smith when people are saying this is one of the best TE classes in a long time? And hes on his second knee injury in two years. Get real.

tgo   
25 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Jrob says Front 7 will be the focus for early draft. Spoke about TE too. Said about WR that they've "earmarked some players" later in the draft, Im assuming at WR. https://www.titansonline.com/news/does-titans-gm-jon-robinson-s-nfl-draft-checklist-include-nasty-players

No, that's not what he said at all. 

Lol. 

japan   
1 hour ago, tgo said:

Lol. 

I can understand the confusion as the article is poorly written.  It sounds like he's talking about our front 7 in the first quote, but the rest of the quote seems to be referring to the draft. 

“Much has been made about the defensive front seven,” Robinson said. “There is really good depth on the front seven of the defense. I think there’s good offensive linemen. It’s a heavy tight end crop. There’s some pretty good backs in the draft.

“I think there’s some good value at receiver. There’s certainly some guys at the top, but I think maybe in the later rounds, too, we already have kind of our sights set on, if you will, or earmarked as guys who can help our football team.”

tgo   
12 minutes ago, japan said:

I can understand the confusion as the article is poorly written.  It sounds like he's talking about our front 7 in the first quote, but the rest of the quote seems to be referring to the draft. 

“Much has been made about the defensive front seven,” Robinson said. “There is really good depth on the front seven of the defense. I think there’s good offensive linemen. It’s a heavy tight end crop. There’s some pretty good backs in the draft.

“I think there’s some good value at receiver. There’s certainly some guys at the top, but I think maybe in the later rounds, too, we already have kind of our sights set on, if you will, or earmarked as guys who can help our football team.”

Yeah, it seemed pretty clear that he's talking about the draft in general. 

He basically just mentioned every single possible position we could draft. The only ones he left off were secondary (not a need at all), linebacker (not a need at all), and quarterback (not an immediate need obviously). 

I did find the comment about late round receivers pretty interesting, but otherwise it was just subterfuge. 

Soxcat   

TE is a possibility early but "good TE crop" also means there will be some value there in the 3rd or later.  Same for OL.  As usual the guys you look for in the first two rounds are the game changers.  That is why WR is a distinct possibility.  TE maybe.  Pass rusher most definitely if the right guy is there. 

ctm   

As I parse his words closely, he says there are some good offensive linemen.  But he doesn't mention depth at OL like he does with defensive front 7 and WR.  May mean something, may not.

3 hours ago, ctm said:

As I parse his words closely, he says there are some good offensive linemen.  But he doesn't mention depth at OL like he does with defensive front 7 and WR.  May mean something, may not.

He didn't mention QB, so we are going QB...

LOL

22 hours ago, tgo said:

Lol. 

I think he alluded to the trenches early, WR late. You can bet your bippy he will be drafting those 4 positions, maybe only those 4. 

tgo   

Add Noah Fant to the list of knuckleheads. Immaturity concerns and is a knucklehead apparently.