Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

Face   

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/15/khalen-saunders-does-rare-things/

Just read this piece on Khalen Saunders & it makes me want him even more. His lack of technique is concerning but these guys salivate over Saunders, and they aren't easily impressed. In this article & his scouting report they say he does some things that are just otherworldly, his power & speed combo is incredible. He just blasts lineman with his hands & has an insane closing burst.

Off the cuff I wouldn't think we'd be interested because he's raw & pretty much primarily a 1 gapper, but we've apparently been all over him.

Frankly I think it's time to draft a kid like this. I understand what Robinson looks for & by and large I agree with the approach. But when you look at who the dominant pass rushers are they're almost all off the charts athletically. This kid could be Geno Atkins.

7 minutes ago, Face said:

Just read this piece on Khalen Saunders & it makes me want him even more. His lack of technique is concerning but these guys salivate over Saunders, and they aren't easily impressed. In this article & his scouting report they say he does some things that are just otherworldly, his power & speed combo is incredible. He just blasts lineman with his hands & has an insane closing burst.

Off the cuff I wouldn't think we'd be interested because he's raw & pretty much primarily a 1 gapper, but we've apparently been all over him.

Frankly I think it's time to draft a kid like this. I understand what Robinson looks for & by and large I agree with the approach. But when you look at who the dominant pass rushers are they're almost all off the charts athletically. This kid could be Geno Atkins.

If he’s there in the second I wouldn’t hesitate. He moves just like Casey. Guys that big who can move laterally and burst have freak ankles. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

5 hours ago, BeedoeLaw said:

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects

Dexter Lawrence at 19, ahead of every clemson D lineman that the AFC scout supposedly told Morris was better than Lawrence. For every article you find that says he is overrated, I can find you one that says he is not.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/11/5-overrated-prospects-for-the-2019-nfl-draft/

8 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Burns is listed at 227 lbs per the NFL draft website..Do you think this is true?  

Also, do you see Allen capable of handling the 3-4 DE position?  His skillset seems to translate, though I'm not sure if his size does.

I think he will weight in between 240-250 at the combine. The guys of the Draft Network had him on and said that he will surprise when it comes to weigh-ins.

Regarding Allen playing DE in a 3-4, I think he could add a little weight and do it, but I think he is best as a large SOLB in a 3-4 and then sliding him down inside on passing downs. The toughest part of the transition will be getting him to adjust to standing up.

8 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Even though he occasionally has trouble anchoring against power rushers, i'm not sure there has been a better C suited to a ZBS than Garrett Bradbury coming out of CFB for quite a while, has amazing lateral quickness to get out to those reach blocks.

There are two perfect players in this draft for us. That is Hockenson and Bradbury. I hope we end up with at least one of them.

3 hours ago, Face said:

Another one of my favorite prospects in this draft. As @IsntLifeFunny said, if he is there in the 2nd I think you have to jump on him. He won’t make it to our 3rd rounder.

3 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

We can do this all day. Like I said, for every article you find that says he is overrated, I can find one that says he is not. This one from the former scout Daniel Jeremiah. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000938136/article/scouting-dexter-lawrence-raw-clemson-dt-has-big-potential

That article is from july 2018 though. I think people expected him to have a better season than the one he had plus the ped thing. For the record im not for or against picking him. Im not in love with him but if we take him i trust pees to get the most out of him.

SARGO24   

Quick Mock.

Trades Trade #19 + #82 + 2020 3rd to the Pats for #32 + #56 + #64

NE trades up for their QB of the future.

#32- G Chris Lindstrom

#51- EDGE Zach Allen

#56- WR Riley Ridley

#64 -DT/DE Jeffrey Simmons

Sign Z'darius Smith, Mike Morse, Kenny Vacarro

AvgJoe   
22 minutes ago, SARGO24 said:

Quick Mock.

#32- G Chris Lindstrom

#51- EDGE Zach Allen

#56- WR Riley Ridley

I like it, but no way would we give 82 and next years 3rd. It would be one or the other

9 hours ago, SARGO24 said:

Quick Mock.

#32- G Chris Lindstrom

#51- EDGE Zach Allen

#56- WR Riley Ridley

Yeah im liking the idea of trading back if guys like hockenson and the elite edge and interior dlinemen are gone. Shit maybe if theyre even still there. Free agency will mold alot of what we do n i cant wait for it.

Justafan   

This draft lines up so perfectly for the Titans.  I honestly can't wait to see how Jrob plays this thing.  He's done such a fantastic job of targeting specific guys and moving up and down to get his guys.  This is one of those drafts where he has a lot of flexibility.  I think he sticks and picks in the first round this year but I wouldn't be surprised by anything.  

FA probably tells us a lot about where he goes first two rounds but not who he'll actually target.  He's gonna walk away from this thing with at least 2-3 quality players.  He's too good of a GM not to.  If he can compliment this draft with a strong FA, the Titans can go into camp in a great position roster-wise. 

abc2330   
16 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Kiper's new mock has us going with Christian Wilkins, DT from Clemson.

This is the most realistic mock so far.  I could even see us moving up a few spots for him.