Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

Face   

I really want Metcalf or Hollywood. Metcalf seriously looks like David Boston, not sure if the younger guys remember him but he was about 255-260. Pealed. He was, no exaggeration, a defensive end playing WR.

If we take a wideout I want kid to have some type of special trait. Marquis Brown is a true burner, an elite deep & YAC threat.

Mercalf is just overwhelming physically, in the TO/Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson mold. If he runs a sub 4.5 forget it.

Huston   

There are some pretty decent WR prospects in the 3rd-5th rounds. One I like is Jamarious Way from South Alabama, 6'3 215 4.5 speed with good hands just needs route development. Terry Goodwin and Terry McLaurin are 3rd rounders with good value as well.

Edited by Huston

Huston   
17 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Boston looked like Tarzan but played like Jane.  Metcalf is certainly a consideration at #19 however. 

He wont run well enough IMO to go that high, I doubt he even gets picked in the first.

5 hours ago, tgo said:

Speaking of Simmons.....

The top of the IDL group in this years draft has certainly taken a hit with the Simmons injury and Raekwon Davis/Derrick Brown returning to CFB, all those guys were likely top 40 picks.

Number9   
On 1/26/2019 at 5:55 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Would be stunned if there wasn't a veteran WR added in FA.

Stunned, you should be ready to riot.

Number9   

If I was GM, l would rank E,DT,DE,TE in that order as priority.  Emphasis on E and DT.  Give them all a number, then when the draft comes-BANG-BANG.  This class it loaded with dl talent.  It's the kind of draft where you are supposed to walk away with two good starters, one possible all pro.  I add TE because it's now becoming a necessity to have a great 6'4" plus TE catching passes.  There are some good ones available.

I would not deviate for anything. 

h4t   

I would trade for Rosen from ARI if it didn't cost more than a second.  If Mariota explodes, we at worst have a great backup/developmental QB  who we can trade for a kings ransom if he develops.  At worst if Mariota is injured or busts out, we have our QB of the future without wasting a #1pick.

tgo   

I had no idea that Zach Allen played 9 technique a lot, in addition to rushing inside. 

He seems to be a very similar player to Trey Flowers skillset wise and seems to me to be basically a protype of what teams like the Titans/Patriots/Ravens could be looking for at the strongside OLB position. 

Edited by tgo

abc2330   
16 minutes ago, tgo said:

I had no idea that Zach Allen played 9 technique a lot, in addition to rushing inside. 

He seems to be a very similar player to Trey Flowers skillset wise and seems to me to be basically a protype of what teams like the Titans/Patriots/Ravens could be looking for at the strongside OLB position. 

Someone said he didn't fare so well at the Senior Bowl.  And I worry about the lack of length.  But his motor and football IQ seem very good.

15 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Someone said he didn't fare so well at the Senior Bowl.  And I worry about the lack of length.  But his motor and football IQ seem very good.

I liked him a lot when I first started reviewing prospects this year. He seems very fundamental, but he definitely lacks a burst. The expectation should not be that he get 8+ sacks a year. He will make plays with his hustle and IQ, but at times you may be disappointed if you are looking for some quick twitch. That is why I have been starting to gravitate more towards Burns, but Allen could definitely play Morgan's spot as SOLB and move down inside on rushing downs. As a majority of us have said, a lot will depend on who we get as a free agent at OLB. If it is a bigger guy like P. Smith or Z. Smith or Flowers then they may want a quick twitch guy to complement him, but we shall see in a few short weeks.

Edited by titanskick8851

gnawed   

Damn. Didn't realize there were so many talented receivers. If AJ Brown, Hollywood Brown, DK Metcalf, N'Keal Henry, or maybe Harmon are there in the second round I would definitely consider taking one of them even though I want DL, IOL, and OLB very, very badly.

If not, I want 2 DLs and a guard in the first 4 rounds of the draft with one BPA pick.

OLB in FA

On 2/12/2019 at 9:18 AM, tgo said:

Sorry, not going to turn this into a Mariota debate like every other god forsaken thread on this board. 

Contested catches? Taywan Taylor frequently drops balls that hit them in stride when he’s running wide open. I don’t even remember him being in a contested catch situation actually. That is, when he’s not running the wrong fucking route. 

I actually think either Sharpe or Taylor could get bumped off the roster this year. 

The thing about Taylor though is that he still has a lot of untapped potential, unlike Sharpe. 

But if they go into the season relying on Taylor to start, they’re idiots. And they very likely won’t do that. 

I don’t think either will get bumped off for consistency sake. He’s never had a consistent same group of receivers who know a playbook. 

I think jrob knows the offense last year was never allowed to materialize. These guys probably all get another shot... except maybe batson. 

On 2/12/2019 at 9:21 AM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I think Sharpe could be in big trouble if JRob brings in a mid to late round WR that also plays special teams, a guy like Terry McLaurin.

Nah.. we’ve still gotta replace Matthews before upgrading the 3rd/ 4th wr spot.