Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

tgo   
12 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

That didn’t help John Ross a ton. You’ve got to be physical enough. 

Brown excels in beating press coverage and can track the deep ball, unlike Ross. 

tgo   
10 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

N'keal

Lol I legitimately thought it was K'Neal this whole time. Why did my brain read it the other way repeatedly? Weird. 

tgo   
10 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Lions GM Bob Quinn starting early on the pre-draft smokescreens, would guess he is hoping QB needy teams trade ahead of the Lions and force one of the elite pass rushers down to them.

Yeah, the New England guys like to play games. 

Kind of like Robinson saying they have their eye on some late round wide receivers. 

😃

Edited by tgo

Soxcat   

Makes sense to pump guys up that you want taken ahead of you (means you have no intention of taking them).  Like bringing in a few guys you really don't want for a workout. 

At this point my choice of who we should take, and where we are picking, looks like this:

Kyle Murray - assuming JRob is confident he is a better long term answer I'd jump all over this kid.

Lock is another possibility if he drops.  This might be totally off the grid but I think JRob has to be looking for an opportunity to get a QB at some point.

Montez Sweat - looks to be the best edge guy after Allen who will be long gone. 

Dexter Lawrence - assuming this is the kind of kid they are looking for inside.  Brings athleticism and size to the defense. 

Wilkins is another option if he falls but he might be gone.

Hokenson - hard to argue with the best TE in the draft who can also block.  Like getting two for the price of one.  Allows us to play smashmouth and still have weapons for Mariota.  A WR is an option with some value at #19. 

So the pattern is QB, Edge, Interior DL, TE/WR.  If the right QB is there I think we have to take that chance.  Otherwise we don't ever pass on a quality edge rusher.  Assuming neither of the above two are available at the value we want I'd be all over Lawrence unless Hokenson has Gronk like grades. 

tgo   

Sweat seems like a good fit for the defense from a skillset perspective, but I don't see Robinson pulling the trigger based on the character and work ethic concerns. 

I dont like the shit i hear about him not caring about football and being lazy. Ironically his teammate Simmons is the one who they say is the relentless worker and takes on a leadership role in the lockerroom but hes gonna get blackballed a bit for hitting a bitch.

tgo   
3 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

I dont like the shit i hear about him not caring about football and being lazy. Ironically his teammate Simmons is the one who they say is the relentless worker and takes on a leadership role in the lockerroom but hes gonna get blackballed a bit for hitting a bitch.

Oof. 

I'd edit that post if I were you. 

Supdawg   
19 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Yikes DK Metcalf has bulked up a bit since that neck injury ended his final CFB season, looks more TE than WR right now, going to be interesting to see how he weighs in/runs at the combine.

He seriously looks like the Incredible Hulk

tgo   
26 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Oh no. Second round?

I bet he falls further than that but who knows.