Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

10 minutes ago, tgo said:

Sorry, not going to turn this into a Mariota debate like every other god forsaken thread on this board. 

Contested catches? Taywan Taylor frequently drops balls that hit them in stride when he’s running wide open. I don’t even remember him being in a contested catch situation actually. That is, when he’s not running the wrong fucking route. 

He was in that situation on a deep ball against Philly.  He got raked by the DB just before the ball hit him in the helmet.

Matthews or Delanie would have caught that one, and Philly's safety would have paid the price in humiliation and a flag.

tgo   
2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I think Sharpe could be in big trouble if JRob brings in a mid to late round WR that also plays special teams, a guy like Terry McLaurin.

I really think McLaurin will be on the radar. 

abc2330   
6 minutes ago, tgo said:

Sorry, not going to turn this into a Mariota debate like every other god forsaken thread on this board. 

Contested catches? Taywan Taylor frequently drops balls that hit them in stride when he’s running wide open. I don’t even remember him being in a contested catch situation actually. That is, when he’s not running the wrong fucking route. 

I actually think either Sharpe or Taylor could get bumped off the roster this year. 

The thing about Taylor though is that he still has a lot of untapped potential, unlike Sharpe. 

But if they go into the season relying on Taylor to start, they’re idiots. And they very likely won’t do that. 

Taylor had a 66% catch rate and 3.2 yards of separation per Target last year.  Very good in both regards, especially for a second year receiver.  But way to dismiss a guy because of 2 or 3 drops, instead of acknowledging that he's green and that his opportunities are very few And far between in the next to last passing offense in terms of attempts.

The receivers dropped too many balls last year.  But that doesn't mean they won't improve, and it especially doesn't mean that Mariota is good.  

tgo   
1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

A lot of teams will love his special teams versatility but also that reported 4.35s speed.

Penny Hart is another mid round guy to watch, with PR ability. 

Just now, tgo said:

Penny Hart is another mid round guy to watch, with PR ability. 

Yep, kind of came out of nowhere at the Senior Bowl.

Question is what is better value McLaurin in the 3rd or Hart in the 5th?

tgo   

Yep, kind of came out of nowhere at the Senior Bowl.

Question is what is better value McLaurin in the 3rd or Hart in the 5th?

McLaurin actually has legit starting receiver potential imo

tgo   

He could be that deep threat you want, was constantly torching guys deep at the Senior Bowl, personally I would prefer McLaurin at #83 over Marquise Brown at #19.

I would too as long as we get Hockenson at 19! 

I dont like how small Brown is but he has elite, blue chip speed. 

Edited by tgo

Just now, tgo said:

I would absolutely hate JRob trading up again this year, but i'm sure by the time April rolls around I could live with him jumping up to grab Hockenson.

1 hour ago, tgo said:

McLaurin actually has legit starting receiver potential imo

I’m a big McLaurin fan. I’m actually worried now that he is going to kill the combine and we will his stock rise to the 2nd around.

1 hour ago, tgo said:

That didn’t help John Ross a ton. You’ve got to be physical enough. 

7 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Jim Nagy former long time NFL Scout and current director of the Senior Bowl weighing in on that DK Metcalf photo.

I don’t understand why more analysts are not talking about that. Yeah he looks jacked, but at WR you need to be flexible and not be so stiff in your movements. Calvin Johnson was ripped but it was functional muscle. That looks like it’s too much muscles in the mold of what happened to David Boston and LaRon Landry.

He looks like a jacked Defensive linemen.