Jump to content
Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

Recommended Posts

abc2330   

I'd like to see M. Brown be reunited with Baker in Cleveland.  He already had 1k yards and 19 YPC with him, there could already be some chemistry.  And Dorsey loves speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
32 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

I'd like to see M. Brown be reunited with Baker in Cleveland.  He already had 1k yards and 19 YPC with him, there could already be some chemistry.  And Dorsey loves speed.

I’d like to see him united with Marcus. 

 

Unless of course we draft Hockenson or Metcalf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

 

If Kliff Kingsbury truly thinks Murray would excel in his offense the Cardinals should absolutely draft him and trade Rosen, it would be a huge mistake by the Cardinals to be stubborn simply because they drafted Rosen last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   
9 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

@tgo I just can't get on board the 1st round WR train, in a Smith/Mariota offense just think it would be a huge waste of resources, can sign a veteran WR in FA and draft one in the 2nd-4th rounds that can come in and help this offense.

 

IOL and TE would provide a much bigger boost to this offense next season.

I dont think a first round WR is smart because we already have to much youth there more then anything else besides the fact that we dont know what Smith's offense is going to look like yet. I hate saying it but a first round TE makes more sense then a WR if they do go pass catcher in the first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abc2330   
24 minutes ago, tgo said:

I’d like to see him united with Marcus. 

 

Unless of course we draft Hockenson or Metcalf. 

I'd like to see him here.  But that's just overkill for Marcus.  Unless they plan on drafting a different QB next year while one of them develops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

@tgo I just can't get on board the 1st round WR train, in a Smith/Mariota offense just think it would be a huge waste of resources, can sign a veteran WR in FA and draft one in the 2nd-4th rounds that can come in and help this offense.

 

IOL and TE would provide a much bigger boost to this offense next season.

I’ll be enormously surprised if Robinson drafts an OL in the first.

 

I do think a TE would be most beneficial, particularly Hockenson. But a deep threat speed WR like Marquise Brown is perfect for what they want to do on play action and to add more “explosives” as Smith keeps calling them. He keeps talking about having more explosive plays, and to me that indicates more deep play action shots, which Mariota excels at. 

 

We kept trying that shit with Taywan and Jennings but they repeatedly dropped deep passes that hit them in the hands. 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abc2330   
27 minutes ago, tgo said:

I’ll be enormously surprised if Robinson drafts an OL in the first.

 

I do think a TE would be most beneficial, particularly Hockenson. But a deep threat speed WR like Marquise Brown is perfect for what they want to do on play action and to add more “explosives” as Smith keeps calling them. He keeps talking about having more explosive plays, and to me that indicates more deep play action shots, which Mariota excels at. 

 

We kept trying that shit with Taywan and Jennings but they repeatedly dropped deep passes that hit them in the hands. 

Is any QB actually bad at play action in the NFL?  It seems that if you can't hit a receiver who was schemed to be wide open while having good protection, you aren't NFL QB material.  

 

People knock Taylor for issues with 50/50 and contested catches, while that's listed as a con for Brown as well.  Brown is crazy explosive, but he's also 170 lbs.  Taylor is built much better to handle the middle of the field throws that Mariota excels at, while Brown could end up on IR very quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, tgo said:

I’ll be enormously surprised if Robinson drafts an OL in the first.

 

I do think a TE would be most beneficial, particularly Hockenson. But a deep threat speed WR like Marquise Brown is perfect for what they want to do on play action and to add more “explosives” as Smith keeps calling them. He keeps talking about having more explosive plays, and to me that indicates more deep play action shots, which Mariota excels at. 

 

We kept trying that shit with Taywan and Jennings but they repeatedly dropped deep passes that hit them in the hands. 

Can get pure deep threats later in the draft, plus if JRob doesn't fix the IOL there won't be many opportunities to take deep shots anyway.

 

JRob/Vrabel/Smith/Pees have spoken all offseason about being more physical on both sides of the ball, would be really surprised if IOL/IDL weren't two of the picks over the first 4 rounds.

 

Also IDL/IOL are two positions we can get younger at, WR/OLB are the areas we could use some more veteran leadership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
15 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Can get pure deep threats later in the draft, plus if JRob doesn't fix the IOL there won't be many opportunities to take deep shots anyway.

 

JRob/Vrabel/Smith/Pees have spoken all offseason about being more physical on both sides of the ball, would be really surprised if IOL/IDL weren't two of the picks over the first 4 rounds.

 

Also IDL/IOL are two positions we can get younger at, WR/OLB are the areas we could use some more veteran leadership.

Well yeah, I would agree that we’ll draft linemen within the top 4 rounds.

 

I’ll just be shocked if we take a guard at 19. If we trade down, then that’d be another story. 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I think we'll draft both lines in the draft and fill the outside with Vets at WR and OLB. 

Agree, the only thing that alters that approach is if we get priced out of the FA OLB market, which could be a legitimate concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...