Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

4 hours ago, abc2330 said:

I guess I don't understand why he ended up transferring to a different school to play WR, if that is the case.

Transfer rules. I guess the 1000th person telling him he wasn't NFL running back material it finally sank in. 

nine   
5 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

No but I follow them due to proximity. His parents basically threatened transfer his entire career that if Kamara ate into his carries, he would be gone. That's why one of NFL's best runners didn't do much until Hurd left. They tried to get Hurd to move to TE or Receiver, but he refused. He's a whiny bitch. 

5 hours ago, abc2330 said:

I guess I don't understand why he ended up transferring to a different school to play WR, if that is the case.

4 hours ago, ctm said:

He wasn't that good at RB.  In addition, he wasn't well liked by his teammates.  Highly unlikely he is a Titan, imo.  Not one of the boys.....

Yeah, that whole Jalen Hurd situation was just weird....borderline surreal.   I didn't follow it closely, but you can't help hearing stuff living in Vol country.   

Hurd was a highly touted recruit and was a good player for his first couple years....reminded me a bit of Arian Foster.    In his junior year,  he missed a couple games and there were rumors and questions as to whether he was actually hurt.   He came back for a game or two, then ended up leaving the team mid-season and announcing that he was transferring.  After he left, the stuff started coming out about him not getting along with teammates and having a self-entitled prima-donna attitude.   

I seem to recall Hurd having serious problems with former Vols coach Butch Jones when he left..basically saying Jones' word  couldn't be trusted and that the relationship was beyond repair.

It was kinda similar to the whole Rishard Matthews deal last year, but with a darker twist.  Just a weird, weird situation.

58 minutes ago, nine said:

Yeah, that whole Jalen Hurd situation was just weird....borderline surreal.   I didn't follow it closely, but you can't help hearing stuff living in Vol country.   

Hurd was a highly touted recruit and was a good player for his first couple years....reminded me a bit of Arian Foster.    In his junior year,  he missed a couple games and there were rumors and questions as to whether he was actually hurt.   He came back for a game or two, then ended up leaving the team mid-season and announcing that he was transferring.  After he left, the stuff started coming out about him not getting along with teammates and having a self-entitled prima-donna attitude.   

I seem to recall Hurd having serious problems with former Vols coach Butch Jones when he left..basically saying Jones' word  couldn't be trusted and that the relationship was beyond repair.

It was kinda similar to the whole Rishard Matthews deal last year, but with a darker twist.  Just a weird, weird situation.

Don't forget his parents talking shit about Kamara on Twitter...https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Bolt/Jalen-Hurds-mother-takes-shot-at-Alvin-Kamara-on-Twitter-51631747/

abc2330   
51 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

And his dad talking trash about Vols/Butch Jones on Twitter: 

Wow.  This must have been his dad at his little league games:

Randy-Marsh-Ready-To-Fight-At-The-Baseball-Game-Gif-On-South-Park.gif

Edited by abc2330

32 minutes ago, tgo said:

I think Lindstrom has a real shot to be there at our 2nd round pick. 

Bradbury though, I'm not sure. 

I don't think either make it to pick #51, the main reason there are a tonne of OL needy teams picking in the first 15 picks of each round, a lot of the OL needy teams will go the higher rated defensive players in round 1 and turn around and snap up what's left of the better OL players early in the 2nd.