Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

AvgJoe   

Way too early without knowing what we do in Free Agency, but right now if we go offense in Round 1 my top targets would be Hockenson, Hollywood Brown, Metcalf, or Bradbury.

abc2330   

Anyone checked out Jalen Hurd?  He looks like an impressive prospect to me.  A 6'4 receiver who can line up in the backfield and take carries.  That seems like something which could be valuable in an innovative offense.

Edited by abc2330

abc2330   
1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Some interesting rankings in Jeremiah's latest top 50 big board, he has Christian Wilkins at number 7.

I'd love for him to fall to us, but I don't see how that many teams pass on him.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:24 AM, ctm said:

Burns is not a good fit for Morgan's spot on the strong side of the defense. He's too weak in run defense.  Chase Winovich is a better choice in the 2nd if we don't sign someone in free agency.

Like Winovich a lot, he's got some KVB in him, nonstop motor.

lol at this mock draft just released by The Draft Network, didn't think they could come up with a worse scenario for the Titans than continually picking a CB in the first round, I was wrong, not sure even a GM as bad as Ryan Grigson would make a trade as bad as the one they have in here for us.

Had no idea that Irv Smith Jnr was 4.5s 40yd dash quick, really warming to him at 19 should Hockenson already be off the board, below is the Irv Smith Jnr part of the receiver draft primer on SI.

Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama

With 710 yards last season, Smith broke the Alabama single-season receiving record for his position, which is impressive given the pedigree of tight ends that have gone through Tuscaloosa. He runs a 4.5 40-yard dash, an incredible time for a 241-pound tight end.

Playing at a school like Alabama, Smith’s blocking skills are, of course, fundamentally sound. He’s a physical blocker who leverages his hands well at the point of contact. Smith is also a precise route-runner for a tight end, which in today’s NFL, will give him a great advantage. In the high-octane Alabama offense with a quarterback like Tua Tagovailoa, Smith rarely had to make difficult catches. On most of his receptions, he was relatively open. NFL teams will want to see more of him making plays in traffic, since that’ll be his reality at the pro ranks.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/08/nfl-draft-2019-top-wide-receivers-tight-ends-nkeal-harry-marquise-brown

abc2330   
6 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Had no idea that Irv Smith Jnr was 4.5s 40yd dash quick, really warming to him at 19 should Hockenson already be off the board, below is the Irv Smith Jnr part of the receiver draft primer on SI.

Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama

With 710 yards last season, Smith broke the Alabama single-season receiving record for his position, which is impressive given the pedigree of tight ends that have gone through Tuscaloosa. He runs a 4.5 40-yard dash, an incredible time for a 241-pound tight end.

Playing at a school like Alabama, Smith’s blocking skills are, of course, fundamentally sound. He’s a physical blocker who leverages his hands well at the point of contact. Smith is also a precise route-runner for a tight end, which in today’s NFL, will give him a great advantage. In the high-octane Alabama offense with a quarterback like Tua Tagovailoa, Smith rarely had to make difficult catches. On most of his receptions, he was relatively open. NFL teams will want to see more of him making plays in traffic, since that’ll be his reality at the pro ranks.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/08/nfl-draft-2019-top-wide-receivers-tight-ends-nkeal-harry-marquise-brown

The only reason we should draft a TE or receiver is because we think they will be a star, not to give our QB more help.  It's too likely that a rookie isn't going to contribute much at all, especially with our QB.

Edited by abc2330

16 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Anyone checked out Jalen Hurd?  He looks like an impressive prospect to me.  A 6'4 receiver who can line up in the backfield and take carries.  That seems like something which could be valuable in an innovative offense.

The guy who had Kamara on the bench during Butch Jones' tenure? The guy who lets his parents ruin his college career? Haha no thanks

abc2330   
1 minute ago, SleepingTitan said:

The guy who had Kamara on the bench during Butch Jones' tenure? The guy who lets his parents ruin his college career? Haha no thanks

Must be a Vols fan.

8 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Must be a Vols fan.

No but I follow them due to proximity. His parents basically threatened transfer his entire career that if Kamara ate into his carries, he would be gone. That's why one of NFL's best runners didn't do much until Hurd left. They tried to get Hurd to move to TE or Receiver, but he refused. He's a whiny bitch. 

abc2330   
4 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

No but I follow them due to proximity. His parents basically threatened transfer his entire career that if Kamara ate into his carries, he would be gone. That's why one of NFL's best runners didn't do much until Hurd left. They tried to get Hurd to move to TE or Receiver, but he refused. He's a whiny bitch. 

I guess I don't understand why he ended up transferring to a different school to play WR, if that is the case.

ctm   
44 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

I guess I don't understand why he ended up transferring to a different school to play WR, if that is the case.

He wasn't that good at RB.  In addition, he wasn't well liked by his teammates.  Highly unlikely he is a Titan, imo.  Not one of the boys.....