Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

Alright I like Hockenson too but you all just setting yourselves up for disappointment. 

I'm already resigned to the fact he won't be a Titan, exactly the same story as Vander Esch last year.

I find this rather odd, considering the story of JRob pounding Belichick to draft Gronk.

Surely he knows the value of a generational TE.  You have to wonder if he believes Hock is that good or not.

Or who knows, if he really is the best offensive skill player in this draft, then he probably won't be there at 19.

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I'm already resigned to the fact he won't be a Titan, exactly the same story as Vander Esch last year.

I fear so, too.  Can't see 18 teams all passing on this brute of a man.  

abc2330   
2 hours ago, headhunter said:

Alright I like Hockenson too but you all just setting yourselves up for disappointment. 

As if  a Gronk type player is being discussed at the end of the first in this day and age.  Hayden fucking Hurst went in the first.

TEs, like receivers, are obviously difficult to scout.  Very little of what they do in college translates to NFL route running or grasping a playbook.  But Hock can obviously move bodies in the run game.  If he's got athleticism and is seemed intelligent and hard working enough,I wouldn't bet against him for a second.

A lot of tools to develop with Brian Burns, not many have the first step quickness he has, wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it to pick #19 with his physical traits.

If JRob can find a decent edge containing OLB in FA I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Burns at #19 and using him as a situational pass rusher until he fills that frame out and improves against the run.

Good thread here showing a selection of his pass rushing moves.

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

A lot of tools to develop with Brian Burns, not many have the first step quickness he has, wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it to pick #19 with his physical traits.

If JRob can find a decent edge containing OLB in FA I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Burns at #19 and using him as a situational pass rusher until he fills that frame out and improves against the run.

A freakishly quick athletic undersized edge guy from a Florida school.... seems oddly familiar (one can only hope 🤓)

nine   

I had no idea 2018 was just Hochenson's  sophomore season.   

The fact that he played so well after just two years of college ball certainly speaks volumes as to his potential.   

But at 21 years old, the maturity/commitment factor is a bigger question mark than it would be for a kid who's 22-23 years old.    Not that it's an automatic red flag, and I haven't heard of any character concerns with Hochenson....but it probably warrants a bit more attention during the evaluation process.

But in the Titans situation, he wouldn't automatically be asked to shoulder the load from day one.   With Delanie and Jonnu coming back, Hochenson would step in as the #2-3 TE with a year or two to grow into the #1 role.   And of course, he'd be learning the ropes from one of the best in the game, on a team that values and prioritizes the TE position.

It may or may not be the best direction for the Titans....but it would be a pretty great situation for Hochenson.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:40 AM, tgo said:

Drafting another corner high right now would be totally ridiculous and isn't going to happen. 

Butler was damn good the 2nd half of the year. The premise CB is a need is laughable.

AvgJoe   
1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Butler was damn good the 2nd half of the year. The premise CB is a need is laughable.

Exactly. Butler, Ryan, and Jackson are more than adequate for a Top 3 set of CB’s, especially given how great Byard is at FS and able to help out. 

Pass rush is the much greater defensive need.

13 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Love this kid. He has been one of my favorite prospects along with Hockenson, Bradbury, and Tillery. I have a good feeling he is going to blow the combine out of the water and jump up to the a top 10-20 selection. If he is there at 19 I would be all for taking him even if we have added a starting OLB in Free Agency. Him, Landry, Evans, Brown, and say ZaDarius Smith could line-up in a multitude of spots on 3rd downs and bring exotic blitzes.

Here are the other videos on Burns from Austin Gayle