Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

Good Titans specific draft conversation with Dane Brugler here, starts at the 20:00 min mark, throws out a tonne of names to watch at pick 19 and 51 covering OLB/IDL/IOL/WR.

In his mock draft released yesterday he had us taking Marquise Brown at 19 and D’Andre Walker at 51.

3 hours ago, tgo said:

I see very little chance that Robinson takes an offensive lineman in the first. 

@tgo if we are able to get a starting OLB and WR in free agency, do you not think it could open that possibility?

Edited by titanskick8851

5 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Good Titans specific draft conversation with Dane Brugler here, starts at the 20:00 min mark, throws out a tonne of names to watch at pick 19 and 51 covering OLB/IDL/IOL/WR.

In his mock draft released yesterday he had us taking Marquise Brown at 19 and D’Andre Walker at 51.

Would not be a bad 1-2 at all. Brown obviously brings that field stretching ability. Walker is a solid defender who really reminds me of Brandn Graham coming out.

However I still think we will likely go OLB/IOL in the 1st. We had a ton of youth at WR this past year so I think we need some solid Vets there to help some of younger guys along. Mike Herndon also did that study that showed most times than not you can get a productive WR outside of the 1st round. Pass rushers and dynamite linemen who can help out immediately may be the best way to go. 

1 minute ago, titanskick8851 said:

Would not be a bad 1-2 at all. Brown obviously brings that field stretching ability. Walker is a solid defender who really reminds me of Brandn Graham coming out.

However I still think we will likely go OLB/IOL in the 1st. We had a ton of youth at WR this past year so I think we need some solid Vets there to help some of younger guys along. Mike Herndon also did that study that showed most times than not you can get a productive WR outside of the 1st round. Pass rushers and dynamite linemen who can help out immediately may be the best way to go. 

I'm certainly not a fan of going WR in round 1 for a couple of reasons, firstly there just isn't the complete plug and play guy that is going to come in and start right away for us, secondly under Arthur Smith I just don't see WR's being a primary focus of this offense it is likely to be heavily RB/TE orientated, and thirdly in the 2019 Draft there are going to be WR's available between rounds 2-4 that can fill a role for us.

Why waste a premium pick on someone that isn't going to feature heavily in this offense.

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I'm certainly not a fan of going WR in round 1 for a couple of reasons, firstly there just isn't the complete plug and play guy that is going to come in and start right away for us, secondly under Arthur Smith I just don't see WR's being a primary focus of this offense it is likely to be heavily RB/TE orientated, and thirdly in the 2019 Draft there are going to be WR's available between rounds 2-4 that can fill a role for us.

Why waste a premium pick on someone that isn't going to feature heavily in this offense.

Yeah exactly. Why waste a 1st round pick on a guy who might play on 50% of offensive snaps and is only primarily used on plays as a deep threat/screen/fly sweep. We have Taywan who can some of those things already. Much rather get a guy who is going to start on offense or be a significant contributor to the defense.

Edited by titanskick8851

1 minute ago, titanskick8851 said:

Yeah exactly. Why waste a 1st round pick on a guy who might play on 50% of offensive snaps and is only primarily used as a deep threat/screen/fly sweep plays. We have Taywan who can some of those things already. Much rather get a guy who is going to start on offense or be a significant contributor to the defense.

It's time to start pumping some premium assets into the IDL/IOL, time to find some of these nasty wolves JRob has been talking about.

abc2330   
11 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

3 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Yeah exactly. Why waste a 1st round pick on a guy who might play on 50% of offensive snaps and is only primarily used on plays as a deep threat/screen/fly sweep. We have Taywan who can some of those things already. Much rather get a guy who is going to start on offense or be a significant contributor to the defense.

Not to knock Mariota again,but another first round receiver would seem like a waste.  He's just not at the point where an ideal WR1-3 , TE, and pass catching back would be utilized properly.  He still needs things schemed for him for the most part, a wide open passing attack seems far fetched.  A dependable vet makes much more sense.

tgo   
35 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

@tgo if we are able to get a starting OLB and WR in free agency, do you not think it could open that possibility?

I don’t think so personally. 

Aramis   
22 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Well said. Didn’t I read a post recently linking a source saying that in recent years all the high impact receivers were drafted in the later rounds (2nd or later)?

No surprise here many consider Hockenson to be the best non QB offensive skill position player in the draft.

Mike Herndon with another one of his excellent breakdowns, this time on the TE position.

El Guapo   

I believe Nauta out of UGA will put on a show at the combine and may be available 3rd or 4th rd. He would fit what we need and still have the first 2 rounds to take what we need...OLB and DL...