Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

I actually like Lindstrom. Guard isnt usually a position id take high but theres not many options of finding a good one. 

I'm a big Lindstrom fan as well, and it's hard to see him still being there at pick #51.

ctm   
6 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Could end up with a lot worse guys than Lindstrom, while watching the SB today and watching the Rams RG Blythe getting manhandled play after play I couldn't help but think it was like watching Kline play for us at RG.

Your offense simply can't function when you have such a massive weak link on the OL.

Kelly has played a lot of RG in the past.  The problems for JRob is that Kline already has 2M of his 2019 base guaranteed with the rest up for guarantee in mid March.

Would love to see Kelly at RG. Kline’s extension clearly was the smartest idea (or structured) but I think with the cap being so high nowadays, his cut hit would be pretty irrelevant. 

abc2330   
On 1/28/2019 at 6:56 AM, charleytolar said:

When does NFL.com release draft profiles for all of the prospects?  I thought that it was usually done by now

ctm   
14 minutes ago, Bulluck4dmvp said:

Would love to see Kelly at RG. Kline’s extension clearly was the smartest idea (or structured) but I think with the cap being so high nowadays, his cut hit would be pretty irrelevant. 

Cutting Kline actually saves on the cap.  The problem is that AAS has to pay 2M in cash for a guy not on the roster and JRob has to admit his mistake.

1 hour ago, ctm said:

Cutting Kline actually saves on the cap.  The problem is that AAS has to pay 2M in cash for a guy not on the roster and JRob has to admit his mistake.

No disagreement, and like us in the real world hopefully an admission of wrong doesn’t erase a lot of the positive he’s done with the roster. 

11 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The one thing I can't stand about The Draft Network is there insistence that CB is a massive need for the Titans, for whatever reason all their analysts are stuck on the narrative that Butler/Ryan/Jackson were terrible, it's obvious they have no idea we had a top 10 passing defense this year.

The pick in this mock is one I think we will start seeing more often for the Titans over coming weeks and months.

Butler was atrocious most games. Ryan is aging. The need is coming, but not right now. With that said, a true shutdown corner would be nice. Adoree kinda got exposed last year. Good safety and LB play helped us. It also helped that teams enjoyed a lead most of the damn game. 

tgo   
Just now, SleepingTitan said:

Butler was atrocious most games. Ryan is aging. The need is coming, but not right now. With that said, a true shutdown corner would be nice. Adoree kinda got exposed last year. Good safety and LB play helped us. It also helped that teams enjoyed a lead most of the damn game. 

Drafting another corner high right now would be totally ridiculous and isn't going to happen. 

With guards like Michael Jordan, Derwin Gray, Sutherland, etc. You can kiss this Lindstrom bullshit goodbye. No reason to reach for that dude. 

PLEASE STOP

Well Matt Miller put together a truly awful 7 round mock draft for the Titans today, not a single IOL, no IDL until the 7th round and has us picking ILB/S/CB in rounds 3/4/5.

Shouldn't annoy me as much as it does but so frustrating when these National Draft guys have no idea what our needs are.

Here are the guys he picked.

Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan

Germaine Pratt, LB, NC State

Mike Edwards, S, Kentucky

Michael Jackson, CB, Miami

Amani Bledsoe, DL, Oklahoma

tgo   
8 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Well Matt Miller put together a truly awful 7 round mock draft for the Titans today, not a single IOL, no IDL until the 7th round and has us picking ILB/S/CB in rounds 3/4/5.

Shouldn't annoy me as much as it does but so frustrating when these National Draft guys have no idea what our needs are.

Here are the guys he picked.

Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan

Germaine Pratt, LB, NC State

Mike Edwards, S, Kentucky

Michael Jackson, CB, Miami

Amani Bledsoe, DL, Oklahoma

This isn't too bad at all, minus no interior OL and drafting another ILB that early. 

To supplement this draft, the Titans would have to sign a DL and OL in FA, which I already consider likely. 

Marquise Brown is one of the legitimate options for us in the first. Don't know anything about Winovich, but I think OLB in the 2nd is a real possibility. 

tgo   
2 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I agree 1st round might be a little early for any OG. 

It's highly unlikely we draft a guard in the 1st. I also don't think Lindstrom is a first round pick. 

Face   
16 hours ago, tgo said:

Drafting another corner high right now would be totally ridiculous and isn't going to happen. 

Plus, Butler was excellent the 2nd half of the year. He completely turned his season around & was basically shut down from the Pats game on. Opposing QB's had like a 35 passer rating throwing against him.