2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

42 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Tillery is being mentioned a lot. I know he had a strong senior season. Anybody have the scoop on what he does good and any red flags?

There is a Tillery thread 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

2 hours ago, WhackyFuzzyTitansFan said:

Hey Guys, 

Long time lurker. Saw this a few minutes ago and couldn't find it posted anywhere on the board. I know walterfootball has had blurbs on the titans for the last couple years. Thoughts?

http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/2019-NFL-Draft-Week---Monday-Rumors

Listing 8 players doesn't really narrow down things.

33 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Exactly, anyone can list so many players, I also seriously doubt JRob would draft Noah Fant as well.

They listed their two favorites, Wilkins and Burns as who they like the most. 

6 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Listing 8 players doesn't really narrow down things.

They narrowed it down to two players if they're there though.  They basically said Wilkins or Burns unless they are gone.  I guess we'll find out here pretty soon.  

5 hours ago, Huston said:

They listed their two favorites, Wilkins and Burns as who they like the most. 

Exactly.  What I took from that was Wilkins or Burns and if they aren't there, a good chance of trading down because there is a pool of players they like after that.   You really can't go into this draft set on one player in particular because there is just no telling how it's going to unfold in front of us. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/28087/titans-hc-mike-vrabel-and-staff-extend-hands-on-approach-to-pro-days

Vrabel's involvement with defensive lineman Christian Wilkins during Clemson's pro day caught a lot of attention on social media. The two were already pretty familiar with each other before the encounter.

Draft Academy

Draft Academy documents the journey of six prospects: Nick Bosa, Marquise Brown, Drew Lock, Tyree Jackson, Jarrett Stidham and Josh Jacobs. Watch on ESPN+

"Coach Vrabel, me and him have a little bit of a relationship," Wilkins said. "Me being from Massachusetts, I was always a Patriots fan, so I knew who he was growing up. He recruited me when I was at Suffield Academy, and he was at Ohio State, so we have a little bit of a relationship there."

Already knew the part about Vrabel taking a hands-on approach with Wilkins at his pro day but this was the first time I had heard he had recruited him while at Ohio State.  Lends a little more credibility to the rumors that Wilkins is the guy, if available at 19.   

Vrabel worked with Ed Oliver a bunch too who is a supreme athlete but has really bad hands.  I think Vrabel could do wonders for a kid like that at the next level.  I'm really leaning back towards the DT prospects now that we get within a few days of the draft.  Nothing will surprise me but my gut tells me they go IDL in one and IOL in two.  

37 minutes ago, Justafan said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/28087/titans-hc-mike-vrabel-and-staff-extend-hands-on-approach-to-pro-days

Already knew the part about Vrabel taking a hands-on approach with Wilkins at his pro day but this was the first time I had heard he had recruited him while at Ohio State.  Lends a little more credibility to the rumors that Wilkins is the guy, if available at 19.   

Yeah, this is why Wilkins is at the top of my board and why I've said he'll be the pick if he's there. 

Taking into account Walter Football's information, this is how I see things on Day -2 for pick 19. 

1. Chiristian Wilkins

2. Brian Burns

3. Dexter Lawrence

4. Clelin Ferrell

5. Jerry Tillery

6. TJ Hockenson (likely gone)

7. Marquise Brown

Others: 

Jeffery Simmons

Garrett Bradbury

Erik McCoy

Chris Lindstrom

So that really really narrows it down! Lol. 

I should actually just delete this post and change it to: "Titans to draft a DL/Edge/TE/WR, or interior OL in the first round."

Actually, on second thought, I'll change it to "I have no fucking clue what's going to happen."

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic