2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

10 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Peter King mentioned he wouldn't be surprised if Dwayne Haskins ends up going 10 to the Broncos.

I doubt it, Flacco has moved his whole family here and has been told by Elway and the Broncos he is the man from what I hear.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SARGO24 said:

I’m leaning towards Marquise Brown. His speed and versatility will do wonders for this squad. I’d love to trade down to like 25 and pick up an additional 3rd.

1- Marquise Brown

2- Edge 

3- Saunders

3- Sternberger

4 - IOL

I think Brown will be our pick.  Our interest in AB was real.  Humphries was not brought here because AB trade didn’t work out.  I think we are placing all our beats on MM this year.  I think our plan is to load him up with playmakers at all skill players spots.

If we get the same production from MM that we got from him the past two seasons, whom ever they bring in to replace him next season will have stacked roster.  

Can you imagine teams playing eight in the box with Brown’s speed on the outside?  He would be a monster in the play action game.

1 minute ago, Soxcat said:

Guys that small are hard to predict.  A guy like Hill is 5'10, 185 and has almost 20 pounds on that kid. 

Smallish guys with speed are far more plentiful than big guys with speed and more of them end up not being very good.  If he ends up like DJax that would be great.  DJax is 5'10, 175.  Marquise Brown is 5'9, 166. 

Keep in mind players often lose weight when they are injured and unable to workout.  Delaine Walker talked last week on the Titans podcast that he lost 15 pounds following his foot injury.  Not saying 166 is not his normal playing weight, but it could be light because of the injury.  

Regardless...dude is a player maker.  His size is similar to Cooks who we had an interest in a few years ago.

On NFLN Path to the Draft Daniel Jeremiah mentioned that the Falcons are a team to watch for Garrett Bradbury, with their significant interest in Chris Lindstrom as well it looks like the Falcons could be leaning towards going IOL at 14.

Jeremiah also mentioned the Bills as a team looking to move up from pick 9 for a defensive player (Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver)

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

On NFLN Path to the Draft Daniel Jeremiah mentioned that the Falcons are a team to watch for Garrett Bradbury, with their significant interest in Chris Lindstrom as well it looks like the Falcons could be leaning towards going IOL at 14.

Jeremiah also mentioned the Bills as a team looking to move up from pick 9 for a defensive player (Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver)

Bradbury would be a terrible fit for the Falcons new blocking scheme. 

11 hours ago, Face said:

I've been meaning to bring up Gary, who I never understood the obsession with. He was regularly being mocked 1st overall & is still being mocked in the top 6. I understand the measurables, and I'm a big combine guy. History shows that just about every dominant front 7 player had huge combines. But the production just wasn't there for Gary, at all. Winovich was much better.

That said,  at 19 he does become tempting. It also sounds like the position he played at Michigan, LE in a 4-3, wasn't one conducive for stats. It's a lot of 2 gap, setting the edge, and sort of bull rushing & containing the QB on clear passing  downs. Also, Cynthia Freuland from NFLN has some good analytical stuff & said despite the numbers he covered more ground per rush then almost every edge in this class, which means he was very close often.

A guy he could be similar to but much more explosive is Mario Edwards Jr from the 2015 draft. He had the same role in Florida St's defense, sort of a power/containment type end, and didn't put up much in the numbers dept. But scouts really liked him & I didn't know why. He went in the first few picks in the 2nd Rd & played really well as a rookie, but they kicked him inside on passing downs. I think this is Gary's ideal role, setting the edge on early downs & rushing inside on passing downs. I think we're looking for a guy like this, a good sized edge who can spell Wake on running downs & replace DQ Jones on 3rd down.

11 hours ago, Justafan said:

I'm not crazy about Gary if I'm honest but I like the line of thinking.  I definitely think they covet a bigger guy with length more than the speed bender type since they already have Wake and Landry who will likely dominate third downs.  A bigger guy who can set the edge and move inside and still rush on third downs would be very valuable indeed. 

In Gary's defense, he was Rival's number one overall recruit coming out of hs as a DT and saw double teams his entire career because although the rest of the Dlinemen were quality players, he was the one opposing coordinators were going to stop at all costs. One of the reasons the guys playing alongside him put up really good numbers. Hurst was projected as a high first round pick until the heart thing and Winovich's draft status went way up after facing single teams all year.

Edited by No1TitansFan

Jeremiah has us taking Wilkins at 19, which makes a lot of sense. Has Simmons going at 21. Jeremiah is highly connected and is one of the few guys I pay close attention to in terms of mock drafts. 

6 minutes ago, tgo said:

Jeremiah has us taking Wilkins at 19, which makes a lot of sense. Has Simmons going at 21. Jeremiah is highly connected and is one of the few guys I pay close attention to in terms of mock drafts. 

Some interesting fits in this latest mock draft, Montez Sweat falling all the way to 17 is something not many draft analysts have projected recently, also Lonnie Johnson Jr and Elgton Jenkins haven't been in many first round mocks.

Wyatt point blank saying that he thinks 19 is too early for Lindstrom and doesn't see it happening that early with the Titans, despite the ties to Boston College. Said this on his interview with WNSR CBS Sports Radio this morning. This coincides with what I think, although Daniel Jeremiah says Lindstrom is getting a lot of buzz in the 20's in the 1st round. 

I think the coaching staff probably loves Lindstrom but Wyatt says "this is the GM's show in Tennessee", and that's kind of the way I'm thinking. I don't think Robinson is going to take a guard in the 1st round without a trade back. 

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Wyatt point blank saying that he thinks 19 is too early for Lindstrom and doesn't see it happening that early with the Titans, despite the ties to Boston College. Said this on his interview with WNSR CBS Sports Radio this morning. This coincides with what I think, although Daniel Jeremiah says Lindstrom is getting a lot of buzz in the 20's in the 1st round. 

I think the coaching staff probably loves Lindstrom but Wyatt says "this is the GM's show in Tennessee", and that's kind of the way I'm thinking. I don't think Robinson is going to take a guard in the 1st round without a trade back. 

Have been saying for a couple of weeks now I don't think it will be IOL at #19, JRob has done so much work on day 2 OL guys, also just looking at what may happen in front of us my gut feel now is there is going to be a defensive player there he simply won't pass on, whether that is Wilkins/Burns/Simmons.

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Have been saying for a couple of weeks now I don't think it will be IOL at #19, JRob has done so much work on day 2 OL guys, also just looking at what may happen in front of us my gut feel now is there is going to be a defensive player there he simply won't pass on, whether that is Wilkins/Burns/Simmons.

Yes. This. 

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic