2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

2 minutes ago, Tonyb said:

If your J rob, and the pats come calling at 19 for hockenson, I wonder if the titans can land their 1st and 3rd??

If so do you take it?

No. It would have to be their 1st and earliest 2nd or their first next year

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Justafan said:

Yup.  I think you're right.  Instant plug and play, lots of connections and contacts with Lindstrom, big need, shown a big investment in improving the offense, downplayed the need at Edge.  All signs point towards Lindstrom at 19 imo.  

What DJ said about Lindstrom

"Just put him on the Patriots right now. Just get it over with."

I agree that IF he's there, he's definitely in play in 19. A few months ago I would've said DL, but the closer we're getting I think OL is more likely. And Lindstrom seems like the logical fit. If he's not there, then maybe a trade down could be in play. I do think the Vikes are a threat to take him at 18.

Edited by socaltitan

4 hours ago, Supernope said:

I would be surprised if they don't take a TE

BB has never drafted a WR in the 1st round in NE. Only time he spent a 1st was the trade for Cooks who he traded a year later for a 1st back. He'd be bucking history if he took one. TE is way more likely.

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

@socaltitan It’s more about who will be there. If the right DL is there, I’d bet on DL being the pick. If not, it could be OL. 

I was thinking DL for awhile too, but the closer we get I'm starting to see OL being the pick. Specifically Lindstrom. He checks a lot of the boxes JR likes and there's a lot of staff connections there.

I get the impression JR would like to draft someone in R1 with as few red flags as possible. I also think JR would prefer someone who can start right away. That points to a guy like Lindstrom where there's a gaping hole at RG. Just think there's too many ? with a Simmons or Tillery as a R1 pick. Maybe if one of them falls like Landry last year one could be in play.

Right now, if I had to guess I think we go Lindstrom R1. If he's off the board, maybe a trade down or JR takes a guy like Risner. Possibly a trade up for a guy like Simmons if he's there in R2. If not, I think we could go WR round 2. With it being such a critical year for Mariota and the O, I think that's going to be JR MO. This offense really demands a speed WR, which makes me think it could be a guy like Isabella. Possibly one of the OSU WR like Campbell or McLaurin. There's staff connections there as well.

Edited by socaltitan

25 minutes ago, tgo said:

It’s more about who will be there. If the right DL is there, I’d bet on DL being the pick. If not, it could be OL. 

Also important to remember after this year Casey could be the only starting IDL that returns, Johnson's contract is up and there is a good chance Jones gets cut.

For weeks it was Hokenson then it was Bradbury or bust now Lindstrom is the flavor if the week. The guys guessing defensive players have pretty much stuck to their guns the most part. 

Edited by Huston

23 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Also important to remember after this year Casey could be the only starting IDL that returns, Johnson's contract is up and there is a good chance Jones gets cut.

Yeah numbers wise, we have very little on the IDL. Someone mentioned the alarming lack of depth there a few pages ago.  And this is why I can't see them spending R1 and R2 picks on offense.

8 minutes ago, Huston said:

For weeks it was Hokenson then it was Bradbury or bust now Lindstrom is the flavor if the week. The guys guessing defensive players have pretty much stuck to the foe the most part. 

Nothing has changed for me since December, would take Hockenson if he is there, if not Ford/Lindstrom.

I just get the feeling JRob is going IDL round 1 due to the amount of work he has done on the round 3 IOL guys.

10 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Nothing has changed for me since December, would take Hockenson if he is there, if not Ford/Lindstrom.

I just get the feeling JRob is going IDL round 1 due to the amount of work he has done on the round 3 IOL guys.

Rd 2 is interesting as well, depending on which "run" there is on certain positions.  I think they would like a WR but they are drafting in a spot where all the Round 2 wideouts could get taken before their pick comes up

This is taken from Albert Breer's MMQB column today.

5. Regarding edge players, one team I’d count in the mix to take one would be the Titans—they’ve spent a lot of time, and it’s been noticeable to those on the pro day circuit, with the defensive linemen. And coach Mike Vrabel’s presence has been noted, too. It makes sense, if you consider that Brian Orakpo and Derrick Morgan are gone, and Tennessee’s highest-impact addition at the position, Cameron Wake, is 37 years old.

7. And there’s a good chance that the group of centers and guards everyone was saying would bring value in Rounds 2 and 3 on Friday get pushed into Round 1. N.C. State’s Garrett Bradbury seems a certainty at this point. And Lindstrom, Oklahoma’s Cody Ford and Texas A&M’s Erik McCoy could go on Thursday too.

He also mentions Chris Lindstrom as a guy that coaches have fell in love with as they have entered the scouting process ahead of the draft.

"And a third is Boston College guard Chris Lindstrom, a smart, clean prospect with the versatility to play center (a Falcons contingent including GM Thomas Dimitroff, assistant GM Scott Pioli and coach Dan Quinn worked him out on campus a couple days ago. Atlanta is picking 14th."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/15/packers-matt-lafleur-aaron-rodgers-russell-wilson-draft-risers-sliders-sleepers-tiger-woods-masters

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

12 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

5. Regarding edge players, one team I’d count in the mix to take one would be the Titans—they’ve spent a lot of time, and it’s been noticeable to those on the pro day circuit, with the defensive linemen. And coach Mike Vrabel’s presence has been noted, too. It makes sense, if you consider that Brian Orakpo and Derrick Morgan are gone, and Tennessee’s highest-impact addition at the position, Cameron Wake, is 37 years old.

7. And there’s a good chance that the group of centers and guards everyone was saying would bring value in Rounds 2 and 3 on Friday get pushed into Round 1. N.C. State’s Garrett Bradbury seems a certainty at this point. And Lindstrom, Oklahoma’s Cody Ford and Texas A&M’s Erik McCoy

He also mentions Chris Lindstrom as a guy that coaches have fell in love with as they have entered the scouting process ahead of the draft.

"And a third is Boston College guard Chris Lindstrom, a smart, clean prospect with the versatility to play center (a Falcons contingent including GM Thomas Dimitroff, assistant GM Scott Pioli and coach Dan Quinn worked him out on campus a couple days ago. Atlanta is picking 14th."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/15/packers-matt-lafleur-aaron-rodgers-russell-wilson-draft-risers-sliders-sleepers-tiger-woods-masters

Lindstrom is starting to make the most sense & he's who I'm leaning towards if I had to put money on it. He's a plug & play guy with no discernible weakness. He has very good athleticism & is a perfect zone fit, but he also plays with plenty of functional strength. 

I'm also tempted to just say take Bradbury because he's such a perfect fit. He'd probably have a bigger impact for us year 1 over any of the other rookies, he'd step right in & be a top 2-3 center on outside zone runs & getting into the 2nd level to spring big gains. But I just worry about kids that seem to have totally maxed their body out. Despite the 34 bench reps I'm concerned about his functional strength & how he'd hold up over a few years & some bumps & bruises, because he doesn't have a big natural frame.

I really think I want Cody Ford if we go OL. I think his combination of natural size, power, and athleticism is too rare to pass up. You just don't see many enormous OL like this anymore. I love Jawaan Taylor for the same reasons but he'll be gone. I see a lot of Jason Peters in Ford, a guy who just shows up every year & makes the pro bowl, it will just look easy for him.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

7. And there’s a good chance that the group of centers and guards everyone was saying would bring value in Rounds 2 and 3 on Friday get pushed into Round 1. N.C. State’s Garrett Bradbury seems a certainty at this point. And Lindstrom, Oklahoma’s Cody Ford and Texas A&M’s Erik McCoy could go on Thursday too.

I found the part about Rashaan Gary interesting.  If he fell to #19, I wonder if we would pick him.  He has not really produced at Michigan.

I really want a solid IOL guy but the truth is the value is at Edge and IDL.  It is so much harder to find solid DLine guys later than it is IOL guys.  You can find a quality starter at IOL all the way into the 4th even if they aren't an immediate plug and play starter.  

Edge guys who can start usually go in the first 40 picks.  Elite prospects at IDL are going to be gone by the end of the first round.

Now guys like Jochai Polite and Dexter Lawrence could slip to 51 but otherwise your dropping to guys more like Charles Omenihu if you pass on DL in the first.  On the other hand, a guy like Connor McGovern could very well last to our third and he would be a low-end starter right away with the traits to develop into a quality starter over time.  He has the athletic traits to immediately be an upgrade over Kline from last year.  

There's so many ways this draft could potentially unfold and if you take the wrong guy early, it will really screw up who is available later on.  Luckily, this is where Jrob shines.  He always has a finger on the pulse.  I can't wait until draft night to see how this thing unfolds.  So many different ways this thing could play out. 

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic