2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

You might be right.  There's definitely going to be a run on 2nd round WRs and he has a nice skillset.  

The question about JJAW has always been his speed.  Then he didn't run at the combine.  Then at his pro-day on 4/4/19 he ran a 4.48 and put that question to rest.  Internet mocks that have him going in the 3rd, are behind the times, imo.

Just now, ctm said:

The question about JJAW has always been his speed.  Then he didn't run at the combine.  Then at his pro-day on 4/4/19 he ran a 4.48 and put that question to rest.  Internet mocks that have him going in the 3rd, are behind the times, imo.

Yea, that sounds reasonable.  

1 hour ago, ctm said:

So ran faster than Taywan Taylor then? 

Obviously Taylor is faster on the field though. 

23 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Have the Titans met with Daniel Jones? Asking for a friend

Why in the world would you want Daniel Jones?  59% passer who averaged 6.4 yards per attempt in college and never eclipsed 3000 yards in 3 years of starting at Duke, going up against the ACC...   Ugh.  

Oh yea, he's also got that thin lower body that I know you covet.  

12 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Why in the world would you want Daniel Jones?  59% passer who averaged 6.4 yards per attempt in college and never eclipsed 3000 yards in 3 years of starting at Duke, going up against the ACC...   Ugh.  

So potential upgrade? 

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

So potential upgrade? 

Honestly, I would be fine if they drafted Grier in the second (assuming he lasted that long).  Huge investment in the QB position but it would give the Titans some real options there if Mariota fails to stay healthy and they don't want to move forward with him going into 2020.  

I don't think they'll do it but I like Grier in the second a WHOLE HELL OF A LOT more than I like Jones in the first which is what it would take to get him.  

And no.  I don't believe it would be an upgrade, though I know you're being sarcastic (kinda). 

17 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Oh yea, he's also got that thin lower body that I know you covet.  

He actually looked pretty bad during most of senior bowl week. 

1 minute ago, Justafan said:

Honestly, I would be fine if they drafted Grier in the second (assuming he lasted that long).  Huge investment in the QB position but it would give the Titans some real options there if Mariota fails to stay healthy and they don't want to move forward with him going into 2020.  

I don't think they'll do it but I like Grier in the second a WHOLE HELL OF A LOT more than I like Jones in the first which is what it would take to get him.  

And no.  I don't believe it would be an upgrade, though I know you're being sarcastic (kinda). 

I’d be fine with Grier in the 2nd. 

Just now, tgo said:

He actually looked pretty bad during most of senior bowl week. 

Of all the QB prospects projected to go high in this draft, Jones is the one who impresses me the least.  There are things to like about Murray, Lock, Grier, and Haskins.  Hell, even some of the later round guys are intriguing.  

Jones just screams not very good to me.  

6 hours ago, ctm said:

I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats took JJAW in the 1st. It may be a tad early but who cares. He has great size, and is as good on contested balls as any WR thats come out in a long time. He's very smart, interned with Condy Rice. And like you said, he answered the only question there was with his pro day 40. I don't think he'll be there for our 2nd pick.

1 hour ago, Face said:

I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats took JJAW in the 1st. It may be a tad early but who cares. He has great size, and is as good on contested balls as any WR thats come out in a long time. He's very smart, interned with Condy Rice. And like you said, he answered the only question there was with his pro day 40. I don't think he'll be there for our 2nd pick.

I would be surprised if they don't take a TE

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic