2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Would hate that draft if it worked out that way, expect more from Josh Norris he is usually one of the national NFL media members that actually pays some attention to the Titans.

With all the work JRob is doing on day 2 and later pass rushers I just don't get the impression he is going Edge in round 1, that could obviously change should Brian Burns drop for some reason.

Burns at 19 and Michael Jordan at 51!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

20 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

Kind of OT, but there's a bit of a ridiculous controversy brewing over having to remove some cherry trees to make room for the giant stage: removing trees. The league is going to pay to replace them along with replacing some others that are diseased at no cost; but some of the locals are grumbling loudly about it. As if the millions this is bringing in along with a highly rated 3 day free commercial for the city isn't worth it.

As a horticulturist, you can't replace 40 year old trees. They can't just be plopped in and look the same. They'll die or you'll have to put in younger, less mature trees. And pulling them out and replanting them is pretty idiotic and will almost certainly kill a bunch of them. It's going to take a decade or two to get it back to where it is now. It's not that the trees are more important than this commercial, it's that the NFL can't just work around preexisting structures like every other festival that goes downtown. But it's the fucking NFL and we bend over to their demands. Also this big commercial for Nashville isn't going to really do anything positive for 95% of the city and will mostly cause bad traffic all weekend. 

Weren’t the trees a gift from Japan? 

I don’t mind it too much if they think they can be close to normal again after the event... but if they are a gift from another country as a sign of great respect.. it’s fucked up to move them. 

33 minutes ago, Thrill said:

As a horticulturist, you can't replace 40 year old trees. They can't just be plopped in and look the same. They'll die or you'll have to put in younger, less mature trees. And pulling them out and replanting them is pretty idiotic and will almost certainly kill a bunch of them. It's going to take a decade or two to get it back to where it is now. It's not that the trees are more important than this commercial, it's that the NFL can't just work around preexisting structures like every other festival that goes downtown. But it's the fucking NFL and we bend over to their demands. Also this big commercial for Nashville isn't going to really do anything positive for 95% of the city and will mostly cause bad traffic all weekend. 

And the Rock and Roll Marathon is going on that weekend.. Im going to enjoy the weekend downtown, but there won't be anyway I'm driving.

33 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Weren’t the trees a gift from Japan? 

I don’t mind it too much if they think they can be close to normal again after the event... but if they are a gift from another country as a sign of great respect.. it’s fucked up to move them. 

It's down to 10; and we are going to get 200, realize the new ones won't be mature; so it seems like they are listening to the people who are unhappy about it and trying to make some accommodations.

1 hour ago, No1TitansFan said:

It's down to 10; and we are going to get 200, realize the new ones won't be mature; so it seems like they are listening to the people who are unhappy about it and trying to make some accommodations.

feels like they should have to pony up to get some gorgeous mature ones to replace. ... though it is a good idea to replace some dying ones. though i'm sure that phrasng will get manipulated to mean any ones they dig up are dying. 

Expected crowds for that weekend:

1) NFL fans 300 k

2) Rock and roll marathon 50k including families

3) free concerts w Tim  McGraw and Dirks Bentley etc normally draws 125 k

4) Jimmy Buffett and the Parrotheads 30k

5) Chris Theile and the radio show Live from Here (formerly known as Prairie Home) 4K 

6) all of the usual tourists and batchelorrettes not attending anything above ???

I’ll be posting live from the draft Thursday as I check off one of my bucket list.. will start at the bridge building and the General jackson

I'd assume the hockey playoffs will be scheduled elsewhere that weekend!!

Edited by Nash

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic