2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

9 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

This offseason Pees has spoken of his desire to be able to get pressure on the QB with only 4 guys, for that to happen we either need to get a DE/DT that can get upfield on 3rd down or a bigger OLB that can kick inside.

Not enough discussion here on the board about Charles Omenihu as a 2nd round pick.  He had 9.5 sacks and 16 TFLs last year and with 36" arms should be able to rush inside on 3rd downs.  In addition, his effort is wolf level.

Edited by ctm

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, ctm said:

Not enough discussion here on the board about Charles Omenihu as a 2nd round pick.  He had 9.5 sacks and 16 TFLs last year and with 36" arms should be able to rush inside on 3rd downs.  In addition, his effort is wolf level.

Charles Omenihu in the second would be a fantastic get.

I agree with @NewsToTom in that based on JRob's history, #19 figures to be an EDGE or RG (possibly C if it means someone else on the roster can start at RG).

He goes after need early and those are easily the 2 biggest needs. We still need starters at both spots.

9 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I agree with @NewsToTom in that based on JRob's history, #19 figures to be an EDGE or RG (possibly C if it means someone else on the roster can start at RG).

He goes after need early and those are easily the 2 biggest needs. We still need starters at both spots.

Don't forget DL, specifically NT. I think you can remove Edge  from the dire need list. 

Edited by BeedoeLaw

7 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Don't forget DL, specifically NT. I think you can remove Edge  from the dire need list. 

Hmm. I'm not so sure. Landry is locked as a starter, but Wake wasn't brought here to start. I suppose if they're that confident in Finch, but I'm not convinced yet. Would they really open day 1 with Landry/Correa and Wake/Finch as the primary EDGE players? Maybe...but they'd have to REALLY love Finch for that to be the case.

I do think they need a NT. Not sure how they feel about starting one of the guys we already have though.

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

Hmm. I'm not so sure. Landry is locked as a starter, but Wake wasn't brought here to start. I suppose if they're that confident in Finch, but I'm not convinced yet. Would they really open day 1 with Landry/Correa and Wake/Finch as the primary EDGE players? Maybe...but they'd have to REALLY love Finch for that to be the case.

I do think they need a NT. Not sure how they feel about starting one of the guys we already have though.

We are already young at the position. Now if someone like Brian Burns or Montez Sweat falls in our lap then I think we pull the trigger on an edge player. I don't believe one of the top edge guys will be there when we pick and I don't expect J Rob to trade up. I do expect them to take an edge player, but I believe it will be a day 2 or 3 guy. 

6 hours ago, Justafan said:

Yea, I'm convinced it's going to be o-line or d-line early.  I'm all for having a guy next to Casey who can help push the pocket.  Wilkins is a classic gap shooter which, in my opinion, doesn't fit what we do as well as some of these other guys.

Dexter Lawrence had more QB pressures than Wilkins did.  If they're gonna go after a DT, I would rather it be the 340 lbs guy that I know can push the pocket and be a great run defender and I know can also get after the QB some than the guy who I think might be a good player but I'm not sure he'll fit in our scheme.

Honestly, though, I have no problem with Wilkins.  I think he's a good player and if they draft him, it's because Peas thinks he's the guy he can use and so I'll trust that.  Really, I'm just thinking out loud and playing a little devil's advocate here more than anything.  I have a man-crush on pretty much the entirety of Clemson's d-line.

I can definitely see them plugging him in as a nickel DT who can help get after the QB on third down and play in those hybrid looks.  

With JR the most likely outcome is generally the right outcome. I too expect some combination of DL/IOL early, possibly in a trade down. I think JR would love to trade down, possibly multiple times into even the 2nd round and come away with an IOL and DL. 

5 hours ago, ctm said:

I have mentioned him a couple of times and people said he wouldn't fit.

I think if he made it to 51 he would be a great addition. Yes, he's a little bigger, but he is someone who can still hold-up at the POA in the run game, while also getting after the QB. I like Anthony Nelson for this role too. 

If they take an Edge guy early, I think it will be one capable of setting the edge as well as rushing the passer, so look for it to be a bigger guy.

Pees likes to penetrate from the interior and hem in runners on the outside.  Much like BAL did to the Titans last year.

Blow up the middle and leave them nowhere to go.

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic