2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

13 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

I think some of this was because they didn't have that guy. 

I agree. We have never gone all-in on that kind of player. Dexter Lawrence is tempting. He’s an end of round 1 prospect by some big boards, but....needs and all.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

I’ve circled back on Hockenson from this standpoint:

Luke Stocker went to ATL. Walker and Smith return from injury.

Say, Hockenson is the more balanced TE, like Delanie, as compared against Jonnu Smith. Great if Smith’s blocking continues to improve. Gravy, baby.

MyCole Pruitt and Firkser were shockingly good depth, and truly emerged as the season went on. I would like to keep them both around for a bit more.

Now picture a scenario where Walker and Smith are gone in 2020. It could easily happen. 

Hockenson is rated by many a top 10 talent. If he lands at 19, that’s a hell of an arguably good value. Helps the protection scheme, Arthur Smith, yada yada yada....

Not the worst thing that could happen.

I think we will go WR earlier than most think.  We still need a second outside receiver when Hump is in the slot.  I don't think it can be Taylor.  He had too many bone head moments last year...at least it felt like a lot.  

I can see us going after Campbell, Butler, Brown, Ridley or Harry with our second round pick.

If we are able to trade down in the first round, it wouldn't surprise me to see us go after Hollywood Brown.

I think we are going all in on Mariota this year.  Either he sinks or swim, but there can't be anymore excuses.  

11 minutes ago, Adams said:

I think we will go WR earlier than most think.  We still need a second outside receiver when Hump is in the slot.  I don't think it can be Taylor.  He had too many bone head moments last year...at least it felt like a lot.  

I can see us going after Campbell, Butler, Brown, Ridley or Harry with our second round pick.

If we are able to trade down in the first round, it wouldn't surprise me to see us go after Hollywood Brown.

I think we are going all in on Mariota this year.  Either he sinks or swim, but there can't be anymore excuses.  

Young players are notorious for bone headed plays.  It won't be any different with whatever guy we draft.

What if we could somehow land wilkins and lawrence? With everyone downplaying Lawrence being a nose if he drops to the third isnt this possible? Would this be an ideal scenario if possible? Just seems like both of them with casey would be utterly ridiculous for a ol to handle.

Just now, DecepticonShawn said:

What if we could somehow land wilkins and lawrence? With everyone downplaying Lawrence being a nose if he drops to the third isnt this possible? Would this be an ideal scenario if possible? Just seems like both of them with casey would be utterly ridiculous for a ol to handle.

We wont do that. 

11 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I think we'll go DL/OL in the first two rounds. We got pushed around on both sides of the ball. 

Definitely DT in the first i think but I'm coming around to iOL in the 2nd. I thought OLB but I'm less sure now.

1 minute ago, reo said:

Definitely DT in the first i think but I'm coming around to iOL in the 2nd. I thought OLB but I'm less sure now.

I think we'll get a bigger OLB that can set the edge like Morgan did after the second round. 

Anyone got any early big picture predictions for the Draft, maybe teams that might trade up/down or predictions on teams/player pairings.

For me gut feeling

- Dolphins trade down from 13 (they are going the Browns route and will attempt to acquire as much 2020 draft capital as they can)

- Falcons go IDL at 14 either Christian Wilkins or Ed Oliver

- JRob doesn't pick at #19

- Texans trade up from 23 to take an OT

- Chiefs make a big trade up from 29 for a pass rusher.

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Anyone got any early big picture predictions for the Draft, maybe teams that might trade up/down or predictions on teams/player pairings.

For me gut feeling

- Dolphins trade down from 13 (they are going the Browns route and will attempt to acquire as much 2020 draft capital as they can)

Giants will continue their insanity and draft a defensive player at 6 if they can’t trade down. Report today was that they aren’t doing much due diligence on Haskins. 

There will I’ll be a huge run on OL in late teens-mid twenties after the stud defenders go early.

DK Metcalf could fall if not drafted to the Jaguars/Bills/Broncos in the top 10.

12 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

For me gut feeling

Raiders move up to #1 in a swap with ARI.

Raiders take Bosa, Zona takes Kyler at 4.

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic