2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

15 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

On the latest edition of the OTP Jim Wyatt was certainly of the belief a new starting C could be coming in the draft, even mentioned that Ben Jones could end up as the starting RG, he also mentioned the team needed to add to the TE room with a true inline blocking guy.

This all falls in line with what I've thought. They need a true inline blocker and they have to get a guard/center in the early rounds of the draft

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

On the latest edition of the OTP Jim Wyatt was certainly of the belief a new starting C could be coming in the draft, even mentioned that Ben Jones could end up as the starting RG, he also mentioned the team needed to add to the TE room with a true inline blocking guy.

I think it will be DL/TE/OL in round one and then either OL or DL in round two depending on how everything falls. 

It was interesting because Robinson was basically talking about Finch as if he was a starter in that Mike Keith interview, which isn’t surprising. Probably bumps the OLB need down a notch. More of a 3rd/4th round need perhaps. 

And this defense can certainly make something of lower round OLBs as we’ve seen with Baltimore/NE/Houston. 

8 minutes ago, tgo said:

I think it will be DL/TE/OL in round one and then either OL or DL in round two depending on how everything falls. 

It was interesting because Robinson was basically talking about Finch as if he was a starter in that Mike Keith interview, which isn’t surprising. Probably bumps the OLB need down a notch. More of a 3rd/4th round need perhaps. 

And this defense can certainly make something of lower round OLBs as we’ve seen with Baltimore/NE/Houston. 

Yea, every day I go back to Hockenson.  He would have an immediate impact in several ways and since we have a new coordinator who is a TE's coach it makes sense.  Plus, seeing what street level guys were able to produce last year, a guy like Hockenson to go with Pruit, Firsker, and Smith would really round out what they want to do.  Unfortunately, none of those guys would last a day on a practice squad and it's doubtful they go into the season with five but it definitely would be a good problem to have.

Pamphile means you aren't desperate to take a guy like Bradbury in the first (though that certainly wouldn't surprise me).  I think the 2nd round is the likeliest spot (no evidence to support that just my gut feel at this juncture, I'm sure that will change) to look at olineman.  A 2nd day guy at guard gives you some pretty good options to look at and still a very likely upgrade to what we had with Kline.  Worst case, we know Pamphile is capable of plugging that spot.  

After that they still have to look at WR, NT, S, OLB (Edge), niche guys.

I guess we'll see.  I really think it comes down to Hockenson, Bradbury or one of the DL guys just depending on how the first round falls.  They'll likely have to readjust their board and have a different strategy for day 2 and beyond depending on who fell to them on day one.  

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

Yea, every day I go back to Hockenson.  He would have an immediate impact in several ways and since we have a new coordinator who is a TE's coach it makes sense.  Plus, seeing what street level guys were able to produce last year, a guy like Hockenson to go with Pruit, Firsker, and Smith would really round out what they want to do.  Unfortunately, none of those guys would last a day on a practice squad and it's doubtful they go into the season with five but it definitely would be a good problem to have.

Pamphile means you aren't desperate to take a guy like Bradbury in the first (though that certainly wouldn't surprise me).  I think the 2nd round is the likeliest spot (no evidence to support that just my gut feel at this juncture, I'm sure that will change) to look at olineman.  A 2nd day guy at guard gives you some pretty good options to look at and still a very likely upgrade to what we had with Kline.  Worst case, we know Pamphile is capable of plugging that spot.  

After that they still have to look at WR, NT, S, OLB (Edge), niche guys.

I guess we'll see.  I really think it comes down to Hockenson, Bradbury or one of the DL guys just depending on how the first round falls.  They'll likely have to readjust their board and have a different strategy for day 2 and beyond depending on who fell to them on day one.  

The Titans are not drafting a TE in the first round...and that’s a guarantee.   This narrative is getting ridiculous.  An in-line blocking TE can be found later in the draft and much easier than an impact Edge.  It’s DL, OL or Edge in the 1st, period.

36 minutes ago, Righteous said:

The Titans are not drafting a TE in the first round...and that’s a guarantee.   This narrative is getting ridiculous.  An in-line blocking TE can be found later in the draft and much easier than an impact Edge.  It’s DL, OL or Edge in the 1st, period.

Ok guys, 

Rigteous has declared and guaranteed that we will not draft a TE in the first round. 

So let it be written (and remembered by all). 

1 hour ago, Righteous said:

K

5 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

IMO the biggest need on this team at the moment is at the NT position. They don't have one. 

They have Austin Johnson. 1 Techs are not very valuable because they play the least snaps in this defense. Bennie Logan disappeared last year. 

Another 5T or even a 3T would be much more useful if they decide to go DT/DE early.

6 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

IMO the biggest need on this team at the moment is at the NT position. They don't have one. 

They have one but not a good run stopping one. 

Could draft a guy like Daylon Mack

later on or could re-sign Logan or sign one of the othe FAs like McGee. 

We didn’t sign Bennie Logan last year until April. 

Or maybe they think this cat Dee Liner who they picked up in Jan has real potential. 

2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

They have Austin Johnson. 1 Techs are not very valuable because they play the least snaps in this defense. Bennie Logan disappeared last year. 

Another 5T or even a 3T would be much more useful if they decide to go DT/DE early.

I think the great Pees' defenses have generally featured a 0 tech 2 gapping NT that commanded a double team and kept LB clean and free to wreak havoc. We don't have anyone remotely close to that.

6 minutes ago, tgo said:

They have one but not a good run stopping one. 

Could draft a guy like Daylon Mack

later on or could re-sign Logan or sign one of the othe FAs like McGee. 

We didn’t sign Bennie Logan last year until April. 

Or maybe they think this cat Dee Liner who they picked up in Jan has real potential. 

I like Mack in the 3rd. If I were doing a mock, he'd be my pick.

Edited by ctm

14 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

I think the great Pees' defenses have generally featured a 0 tech 2 gapping NT that commanded a double team and kept LB clean and free to wreak havoc. We don't have anyone remotely close to that.

Maybe but they’ve played 4-2 or 5-1/2 a majority of snaps and both Bennie Logan and Austin Johnson combined played on less than 60% of snaps last season.

I wouldn’t mind a NT but in the first, it’s not great value. Just my opinion. I’m sure others will disagree.

Edited by Justafan

3 hours ago, tgo said:

Definitely starting to feel like EDGE is not likely. There may be more faith in Finch than we realize and Wake is there to provide depth/vet insurance since our OLB are young

I think it's inevitable that IOL is one of the first two picks, still think its more likely to be a round 2 pick. JR may want to trade down and put himself in a position to take a Lindstrom or McCoy. I wonder what he thinks of a guy like Tillery as a trade down candidate if Simmons is gone

I still don't think TE is very likely, though personally Hock would be tempting. He looks like he could be Kelce and JR has been trying to improve the middle of the field on O (Dion Lewis, Humphries)

Edited by socaltitan

12 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Maybe but they’ve played 4-2 or 5-1/2 a majority of snaps and both Bennie Logan and Austin Johnson combined played on less than 60% of snaps last season.

I wouldn’t mind a NT but in the first, it’s not great value. Just my opinion. I’m sure others will disagree.

I think some of this was because they didn't have that guy. 

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic