2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

4 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

If he's got such limitations, then why would we want to draft him?

Have previously said I wouldn't draft any of the Clemson DL, think some of their production is inflated due to the strength of the group rather than the individual players themselves.

To be fair i'm sure Jeremiah was referencing his limited athleticism when comparing him to the other likely top 20 Edge guys.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Have previously said I wouldn't draft any of the Clemson DL, think some of their production is inflated due to the strength of the group rather than the individual players themselves.

To be fair i'm sure Jeremiah was referencing his limited athleticism when comparing him to the other likely top 20 Edge guys.

Maybe it’s the failure of Kevin Dodd being so fresh, but I just don’t trust Clemson DE’s. I’m fine with Wilkins, but the DE don’t fit to me.

3 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Maybe it’s the failure of Kevin Dodd being so fresh, but I just don’t trust Clemson DE’s. I’m fine with Wilkins, but the DE don’t fit to me.

Ferrell was super productive in 3 years in college and is a great leader, with great character and is a winner.   He would be a great pick up.  And he will be a Pro Bowl player.  It’s a shame now we are pining for players who look good in shorts.  

Just now, Righteous said:

Ferrell was super productive in 3 years in college and is a great leader, with great character and is a winner.   He would be a great pick up.  And he will be a Pro Bowl player.  It’s a shame now we are pining for players who look good in shorts.  

But how much of that production was due to having Wilkins/Lawrence/Bryant on the same defensive line.

I'm not saying Ferrell is a terrible prospect i'm questioning whether he is worthy of a top 20 pick in this draft, there is quite a few well respected draft analysts that were questioning his athleticism well before the combine.

He will be a solid player at NFL level but we have plenty of solid players, we need difference makers.

7 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The Draft Network's first post combine mock drafts has us taking Clelin Ferrell at 19 and AJ Brown at 51

I would be down with Ferrell. If Jrob wants DE in the first I think he will have plenty of good guys to choose from at 19. 

Ferrell fits us perfectly. He may seem boring after these insane combines but he's very polished, dominated the run, has great size & strength.

He wins the same way great edge players have won for 50 years. I'll bet on a guy whose big, strong, and has great hand usage, as long as he's not totally unatheltic.

4 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Who honestly believes Saunders will be there in the 3rd?   He may be a late first round pick.

He's the hardest guy to figure, I've seen him all over. But from what I've read about his upside, it may be a stretch to get him in the 2nd. 

1 minute ago, Face said:

He's the hardest guy to figure, I've seen him all over. But from what I've read about his upside, it may be a stretch to get him in the 2nd. 

I disagree. He's exactly who he is on tape and the workouts showed he has strength and athleticism at that size. First rounder, early second at the latest.

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic