2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Still think there needs to be some veteran experience added to the OLB group, Landry/Finch/Correa + a first round pick would an incredibly young group.

No doubt. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Still think there needs to be some veteran experience added to the OLB group, Landry/Finch/Correa + a first round pick would an incredibly young group.

Of course you still sign a vet but that shouldn't keep you from drafting one as well, a guy like Smith would line up at end or even tackle on some passing downs.

Edited by Huston

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Depends on how much they spend on that veteran pass rusher, can't see JRob acquiring an expensive FA OLB then also spending a first round pick on one.

I could see it if it was BPA. 

And the reason is that Za'Darius Smith and Trey Flowers both rush from inside a lot, and Vrabel could do a lot with his diamond front in a scenario where you have Za'Darius Smith rushing inside and then Landry and a rookie rushing outside.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Depends on how much they spend on that veteran pass rusher, can't see JRob acquiring an expensive FA OLB then also spending a first round pick on one.

I dont think the price has anything to do with it more like the versatility of the player, like I said a guy like Z Smith can play all over the front.

1 minute ago, tgo said:

And the reason is that Za'Darius Smith and Trey Flowers both rush from inside a lot, and Vrabel could do a lot with his diamond front in a scenario where you have Za'Darius Smith rushing inside and then Landry and a rookie rushing outside.

Jinx

Just now, tgo said:

For a team that has majorly struggled on offense i'm not sure it would be wise to use so many premium assets on defense this offseason.

6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

For a team that has majorly struggled on offense i'm not sure it would be wise to use so many premium assets on defense this offseason.

It seems like you don't think they will draft a TE, and you didn't see Marquise Brown as a viable option at 19, so what offensive player are you thinking at 19?

1 minute ago, tgo said:

It seems like you don't think they will draft a TE, and you didn't see Marquise Brown as a viable option at 19, so what offensive player are you thinking at 19?

Said previously that I would look at IOL/TE in the first round, both can help the run game and help Mariota, can get a WR in the 2nd-4th rounds.

Look at guys like

Hockenson

Irv Smith Jnr

Bradbury

Ford

Lindstrom

If you look at the teams picking early in the 2nd round, i'm just not convinced a plug and play IOL will make it to 51.

13 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Said previously that I would look at IOL/TE in the first round, both can help the run game and help Mariota, can get a WR in the 2nd-4th rounds.

Look at guys like

Hockenson

Irv Smith Jnr

Bradbury

Ford

Lindstrom

If you look at the teams picking early in the 2nd round, i'm just not convinced a plug and play IOL will make it to 51.

Yup, there aren't that many day 1 starters for IOL.  There will be a run between our 1st and 2nd pick. The demand from other team is high.  Add in the fact that a starting OL gives the team 1000 snaps with their first pick and its the most likely choice, imo.

Edited by ctm

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Interesting scenario: we sign one of those bigger edge guys who we can move inside on passing downs and Devin Bush makes it to 19; do you take him knowing Evans can come off the edge? Easily the best sideline to sideline LB available and would make our LBs corps elite.

Edited by No1TitansFan

3 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Interesting scenario: we sign one of those bigger edge guys who we can move inside on passing downs and Devin Bush makes it to 19; do you take him knowing Evans can come off the edge? Easily the best sideline to sideline LB available and would make our LBs corps elite.

Hell no. This whole Evans at OLB has to stop. Hes skinny and undersized for the position. 

Edited by headhunter

1 hour ago, No1TitansFan said:

I don’t see Evans as an edge player except in very specific looks. 

And while there are some good ILBs in the draft and thats always tempting, I think that’s one spot where we’re set for awhile. 

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic