2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

This draft lines up so perfectly for the Titans.  I honestly can't wait to see how Jrob plays this thing.  He's done such a fantastic job of targeting specific guys and moving up and down to get his guys.  This is one of those drafts where he has a lot of flexibility.  I think he sticks and picks in the first round this year but I wouldn't be surprised by anything.  

FA probably tells us a lot about where he goes first two rounds but not who he'll actually target.  He's gonna walk away from this thing with at least 2-3 quality players.  He's too good of a GM not to.  If he can compliment this draft with a strong FA, the Titans can go into camp in a great position roster-wise. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Kiper's new mock has us going with Christian Wilkins, DT from Clemson.

I would be totally down with that and its a little surprising he hasn't been mentioned more, seems most are down on him for some reason.

6 minutes ago, Huston said:

I would be totally down with that and its a little surprising he hasn't been mentioned more, seems most are down on him for some reason.

I've just assumed that he would be gone by pick 19. 

I think he could fit the 5 tech role here, particularly on passing downs. 

Edited by tgo

34 minutes ago, tgo said:

I've just assumed that he would be gone by pick 19. 

I think he could fit the 5 tech role here, particularly on passing downs. 

With all of these red flag players and injuries, I'm not so sure we'll get the value that we were hoping for at 18.  I'd love to be wrong.

6 minutes ago, Huston said:

Frail guy with an injury already, not good for his stock.

Well I'm not sure a Lisfranc injury can be attributed to his size at all, 

However - Lisfranc injuries really can derail players more than most injuries. I honestly worry more about guys with Lisfranc injuries than with major knee injuries, because these days ACLs and what not are a lot less devastating and just take time to recover from. 

Lisfranc injuries are a total bitch, especially for a player who relies on speed. 

Marquise Brown is a guy who will really suffer from missing an entire offseason too, in terms of falling behind. 

In my mind, this makes picking him at 19 unlikely. 

Edited by tgo

10 minutes ago, tgo said:

Well I'm not sure a Lisfranc injury can be attributed to his size at all, 

However - Lisfranc injuries really can derail players more than most injuries. I honestly worry more about guys with Lisfranc injuries than with major knee injuries, because these days ACLs and what not are a lot less devastating and just take time to recover from. 

Lisfranc injuries are a total bitch, especially for a player who relies on speed. 

Wasnt saying it had anything to do with his size at all just not a good look for a small guy.

Edited by Huston

I'm starting to think that OLB or DL is the more likely pick at this point, even if we sign a pass rusher in FA.  

Without Brown, and picking a TE being unlikely due to need, that seems like the only viable option other than OL. 

I just don't see A.J. Brown or Metcalf being worthy of the pick based on how people are ranking them at this stage. 

At this point, we may have the option of choosing an injured Simmons or Marquise Brown in the 2nd round. 

I still wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Dalton Risner, Chris Lindstrom, or even Garrett Bradbury still around in the 2nd. 

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic