2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

15 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Someone said he didn't fare so well at the Senior Bowl.  And I worry about the lack of length.  But his motor and football IQ seem very good.

I liked him a lot when I first started reviewing prospects this year. He seems very fundamental, but he definitely lacks a burst. The expectation should not be that he get 8+ sacks a year. He will make plays with his hustle and IQ, but at times you may be disappointed if you are looking for some quick twitch. That is why I have been starting to gravitate more towards Burns, but Allen could definitely play Morgan's spot as SOLB and move down inside on rushing downs. As a majority of us have said, a lot will depend on who we get as a free agent at OLB. If it is a bigger guy like P. Smith or Z. Smith or Flowers then they may want a quick twitch guy to complement him, but we shall see in a few short weeks.

Edited by titanskick8851

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

Damn. Didn't realize there were so many talented receivers. If AJ Brown, Hollywood Brown, DK Metcalf, N'Keal Henry, or maybe Harmon are there in the second round I would definitely consider taking one of them even though I want DL, IOL, and OLB very, very badly.

If not, I want 2 DLs and a guard in the first 4 rounds of the draft with one BPA pick.

OLB in FA

On 2/12/2019 at 9:18 AM, tgo said:

Sorry, not going to turn this into a Mariota debate like every other god forsaken thread on this board. 

Contested catches? Taywan Taylor frequently drops balls that hit them in stride when he’s running wide open. I don’t even remember him being in a contested catch situation actually. That is, when he’s not running the wrong fucking route. 

I actually think either Sharpe or Taylor could get bumped off the roster this year. 

The thing about Taylor though is that he still has a lot of untapped potential, unlike Sharpe. 

But if they go into the season relying on Taylor to start, they’re idiots. And they very likely won’t do that. 

I don’t think either will get bumped off for consistency sake. He’s never had a consistent same group of receivers who know a playbook. 

I think jrob knows the offense last year was never allowed to materialize. These guys probably all get another shot... except maybe batson. 

On 2/12/2019 at 9:21 AM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I think Sharpe could be in big trouble if JRob brings in a mid to late round WR that also plays special teams, a guy like Terry McLaurin.

Nah.. we’ve still gotta replace Matthews before upgrading the 3rd/ 4th wr spot. 

12 hours ago, tgo said:

I had no idea that Zach Allen played 9 technique a lot, in addition to rushing inside. 

He seems to be a very similar player to Trey Flowers skillset wise and seems to me to be basically a protype of what teams like the Titans/Patriots/Ravens could be looking for at the strongside OLB position. 

I actually like the idea of teaming Allen up with Landry again, perfect compliment if we can't get an edge player in free agency.  Could kick inside on passing downs and allow someone like Finch to rush the passer from the outside.

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:27 PM, Huston said:

There are some pretty decent WR prospects in the 3rd-5th rounds. One I like is Jamarious Way from South Alabama, 6'3 215 4.5 speed with good hands just needs route development. Terry Goodwin and Terry McLaurin are 3rd rounders with good value as well.

Even though he is smaller, I would rather have Mecole Hardman than Goodwin. Faster and much more dynamic. Can return punts and kickoffs as well.

In his scouting notebook today Matt Miller has Dexter Lawrence as one of the most overrated prospects in the draft, also contains a couple of quotes from league executives.

Dexter Lawrence, DL, Clemson

"It's nothing against the kid, but teams should know better than to draft a nose tackle early. He's Vita Vea. He's Danny Shelton. These guys are never worth the early pick." — AFC general manager

"We keep hearing he's fake. I know he's a great athlete and he's gonna test real well, but he was never the best or even second-best player on [the Clemson] DL." — NFC scouting executive

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2820850-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-insiders-pick-most-overrated-draft-prospects

8 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

In his scouting notebook today Matt Miller has Dexter Lawrence as one of the most overrated prospects in the draft, also contains a couple of quotes from league executives.

Dexter Lawrence, DL, Clemson

"It's nothing against the kid, but teams should know better than to draft a nose tackle early. He's Vita Vea. He's Danny Shelton. These guys are never worth the early pick." — AFC general manager

"We keep hearing he's fake. I know he's a great athlete and he's gonna test real well, but he was never the best or even second-best player on [the Clemson] DL." — NFC scouting executive

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2820850-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-insiders-pick-most-overrated-draft-prospects

Well yeah, they think he's over-rated because he's a run stopping nose tackle. And most people around the league think that those guys aren't worth much any more. 

I actually think he may fall to the 2nd round and be a legitimate option for us to draft there. 

But the GM is right, you don't draft guys like Lawrence early. That said, I still really like Lawrence as a draft prospect, it's just about knowing what he brings to the table and not expecting him to be something he isn't. 

He's a run stopping nose guard that has *potential* to move the pocket in the pass rush. 

My biggest concern with him is nastiness and toughness. Is he either of those things as a run down guy? He needs to be. 

Edited by tgo

On 2/13/2019 at 6:05 PM, titanskick8851 said:

I liked him a lot when I first started reviewing prospects this year. He seems very fundamental, but he definitely lacks a burst. The expectation should not be that he get 8+ sacks a year. He will make plays with his hustle and IQ, but at times you may be disappointed if you are looking for some quick twitch. That is why I have been starting to gravitate more towards Burns, but Allen could definitely play Morgan's spot as SOLB and move down inside on rushing downs. As a majority of us have said, a lot will depend on who we get as a free agent at OLB. If it is a bigger guy like P. Smith or Z. Smith or Flowers then they may want a quick twitch guy to complement him, but we shall see in a few short weeks.

Burns is listed at 227 lbs per the NFL draft website..Do you think this is true?  

Also, do you see Allen capable of handling the 3-4 DE position?  His skillset seems to translate, though I'm not sure if his size does.

3 minutes ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

I think there’s some people on the board that want Lawrence at 19 lol

Yeah that's highly unlikely. Only way would be if we traded down into the late first or took him in the 2nd.  

14 minutes ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

I think there’s some people on the board that want Lawrence at 19 lol

Very early in the process I lobbied for him at 19 due to my belief that he is more than just a run stuffer. That article is one person's opinion with quotes from GMs that would probably love for his draft stock to fall right into their lap. I've seen several rankings that rank Lawrence right around the 19th player in the draft so Miller's opinion is hardly the gospel. It boils down to whether you believe he can cave the pocket on passing downs. Or, in Pees' scheme, will he demand a double team on passing downs which would free up those A gap blitzes Pees loves. I believe he will be able to do those things. Some believe he will not. Time will tell.

Edited by BeedoeLaw

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic