2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

3 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

I dont like the shit i hear about him not caring about football and being lazy. Ironically his teammate Simmons is the one who they say is the relentless worker and takes on a leadership role in the lockerroom but hes gonna get blackballed a bit for hitting a bitch.

Oof. 

I'd edit that post if I were you. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

19 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Yikes DK Metcalf has bulked up a bit since that neck injury ended his final CFB season, looks more TE than WR right now, going to be interesting to see how he weighs in/runs at the combine.

He seriously looks like the Incredible Hulk

I really want Metcalf or Hollywood. Metcalf seriously looks like David Boston, not sure if the younger guys remember him but he was about 255-260. Pealed. He was, no exaggeration, a defensive end playing WR.

If we take a wideout I want kid to have some type of special trait. Marquis Brown is a true burner, an elite deep & YAC threat.

Mercalf is just overwhelming physically, in the TO/Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson mold. If he runs a sub 4.5 forget it.

There are some pretty decent WR prospects in the 3rd-5th rounds. One I like is Jamarious Way from South Alabama, 6'3 215 4.5 speed with good hands just needs route development. Terry Goodwin and Terry McLaurin are 3rd rounders with good value as well.

Edited by Huston

17 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Boston looked like Tarzan but played like Jane.  Metcalf is certainly a consideration at #19 however. 

He wont run well enough IMO to go that high, I doubt he even gets picked in the first.

If I was GM, l would rank E,DT,DE,TE in that order as priority.  Emphasis on E and DT.  Give them all a number, then when the draft comes-BANG-BANG.  This class it loaded with dl talent.  It's the kind of draft where you are supposed to walk away with two good starters, one possible all pro.  I add TE because it's now becoming a necessity to have a great 6'4" plus TE catching passes.  There are some good ones available.

I would not deviate for anything. 

I would trade for Rosen from ARI if it didn't cost more than a second.  If Mariota explodes, we at worst have a great backup/developmental QB  who we can trade for a kings ransom if he develops.  At worst if Mariota is injured or busts out, we have our QB of the future without wasting a #1pick.

I had no idea that Zach Allen played 9 technique a lot, in addition to rushing inside. 

He seems to be a very similar player to Trey Flowers skillset wise and seems to me to be basically a protype of what teams like the Titans/Patriots/Ravens could be looking for at the strongside OLB position. 

Edited by tgo

16 minutes ago, tgo said:

I had no idea that Zach Allen played 9 technique a lot, in addition to rushing inside. 

He seems to be a very similar player to Trey Flowers skillset wise and seems to me to be basically a protype of what teams like the Titans/Patriots/Ravens could be looking for at the strongside OLB position. 

Someone said he didn't fare so well at the Senior Bowl.  And I worry about the lack of length.  But his motor and football IQ seem very good.

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic