2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

27 minutes ago, tgo said:

I’ll be enormously surprised if Robinson drafts an OL in the first.

I do think a TE would be most beneficial, particularly Hockenson. But a deep threat speed WR like Marquise Brown is perfect for what they want to do on play action and to add more “explosives” as Smith keeps calling them. He keeps talking about having more explosive plays, and to me that indicates more deep play action shots, which Mariota excels at. 

We kept trying that shit with Taywan and Jennings but they repeatedly dropped deep passes that hit them in the hands. 

Is any QB actually bad at play action in the NFL?  It seems that if you can't hit a receiver who was schemed to be wide open while having good protection, you aren't NFL QB material.  

People knock Taylor for issues with 50/50 and contested catches, while that's listed as a con for Brown as well.  Brown is crazy explosive, but he's also 170 lbs.  Taylor is built much better to handle the middle of the field throws that Mariota excels at, while Brown could end up on IR very quickly.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, tgo said:

I’ll be enormously surprised if Robinson drafts an OL in the first.

I do think a TE would be most beneficial, particularly Hockenson. But a deep threat speed WR like Marquise Brown is perfect for what they want to do on play action and to add more “explosives” as Smith keeps calling them. He keeps talking about having more explosive plays, and to me that indicates more deep play action shots, which Mariota excels at. 

We kept trying that shit with Taywan and Jennings but they repeatedly dropped deep passes that hit them in the hands. 

Can get pure deep threats later in the draft, plus if JRob doesn't fix the IOL there won't be many opportunities to take deep shots anyway.

JRob/Vrabel/Smith/Pees have spoken all offseason about being more physical on both sides of the ball, would be really surprised if IOL/IDL weren't two of the picks over the first 4 rounds.

Also IDL/IOL are two positions we can get younger at, WR/OLB are the areas we could use some more veteran leadership.

15 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Can get pure deep threats later in the draft, plus if JRob doesn't fix the IOL there won't be many opportunities to take deep shots anyway.

JRob/Vrabel/Smith/Pees have spoken all offseason about being more physical on both sides of the ball, would be really surprised if IOL/IDL weren't two of the picks over the first 4 rounds.

Also IDL/IOL are two positions we can get younger at, WR/OLB are the areas we could use some more veteran leadership.

Well yeah, I would agree that we’ll draft linemen within the top 4 rounds.

I’ll just be shocked if we take a guard at 19. If we trade down, then that’d be another story. 

Edited by tgo

10 minutes ago, tgo said:

Sorry, not going to turn this into a Mariota debate like every other god forsaken thread on this board. 

Contested catches? Taywan Taylor frequently drops balls that hit them in stride when he’s running wide open. I don’t even remember him being in a contested catch situation actually. That is, when he’s not running the wrong fucking route. 

He was in that situation on a deep ball against Philly.  He got raked by the DB just before the ball hit him in the helmet.

Matthews or Delanie would have caught that one, and Philly's safety would have paid the price in humiliation and a flag.

6 minutes ago, tgo said:

Sorry, not going to turn this into a Mariota debate like every other god forsaken thread on this board. 

Contested catches? Taywan Taylor frequently drops balls that hit them in stride when he’s running wide open. I don’t even remember him being in a contested catch situation actually. That is, when he’s not running the wrong fucking route. 

I actually think either Sharpe or Taylor could get bumped off the roster this year. 

The thing about Taylor though is that he still has a lot of untapped potential, unlike Sharpe. 

But if they go into the season relying on Taylor to start, they’re idiots. And they very likely won’t do that. 

Taylor had a 66% catch rate and 3.2 yards of separation per Target last year.  Very good in both regards, especially for a second year receiver.  But way to dismiss a guy because of 2 or 3 drops, instead of acknowledging that he's green and that his opportunities are very few And far between in the next to last passing offense in terms of attempts.

The receivers dropped too many balls last year.  But that doesn't mean they won't improve, and it especially doesn't mean that Mariota is good.  

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

A lot of teams will love his special teams versatility but also that reported 4.35s speed.

Penny Hart is another mid round guy to watch, with PR ability. 

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic