2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

8 minutes ago, tgo said:

To me this is the big question. Not whether they sign a FA WR, but whether it’s    an outside guy or a slot guy. 

A few guys can do both - Tate, Cobb, etc

But Humphries, Brown, Beasley, Williams seem to be more specialized. 

I agree that's why I think an outside guy needs to be priority but there are only a few guys that fit the bill so Jrob would probably have to overspend to get the right guy. I think they are fine in the slot with the guys coming back from injuries. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Huston said:

I agree that's why I think an outside guy needs to be priority but there are only a few guys that fit the bill so Jrob would probably have to overspend to get the right guy. I think they are fine in the slot with the guys coming back from injuries. 

My thinking is that they don’t have any real slot guys on the roster anymore. Tajae and Taywan have been primarily outside guys, along with Davis. 

Then you couple this with the fact that the top 2 WRs in the draft are outside guys, along with a lot of the better later round guys too, and to me the optimum and most likely avenue in FA is to sign a slot guy since several good ones are available in FA

But I certaunly wouldn’t be terribly surprised if they signed Williams either. 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

My thinking is that they don’t have any real slot guys on the roster anymore. Tajae and Taywan have been primarily outside guys, along with Davis. 

Then you couple this with the fact that the top 2 WRs in the draft are outside guys, along with a lot of the better later round guys too, and to me the optimum and most likely avenue in FA is to sign a slot guy since several good ones are available in FA

But I certaunly wouldn’t be terribly surprised if they signed Williams either. 

Sharpe was one of the top third down wr in the league before he got hurt and I believe most of those came from the slot. Walker and does most of his damage when lined up in the slot as well. We have only one consistent outside threat IMO.

4 minutes ago, Huston said:

Sharpe was one of the top third down wr in the league before he got hurt and I believe most of those came from the slot. Walker and does most of his damage when lined up in the slot as well. We have only one consistent outside threat IMO.

Tajae Sharpe is a reserve caliber WR. He gets totally shut down vs man coverage. He’s a free agent in 2020 anyway and won’t be retained.  

Edited by tgo

10 minutes ago, tgo said:

Tajae Sharpe is a reserve caliber WR. He gets totally shut down vs man coverage. He’s a free agent in 2020 anyway and won’t be 

Sharpe is better then that and I would rather keep him then over pay a guy like Humphries.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:24 AM, ctm said:

Burns is not a good fit for Morgan's spot on the strong side of the defense. He's too weak in run defense.  Chase Winovich is a better choice in the 2nd if we don't sign someone in free agency.

Like Winovich a lot, he's got some KVB in him, nonstop motor.

lol at this mock draft just released by The Draft Network, didn't think they could come up with a worse scenario for the Titans than continually picking a CB in the first round, I was wrong, not sure even a GM as bad as Ryan Grigson would make a trade as bad as the one they have in here for us.

Had no idea that Irv Smith Jnr was 4.5s 40yd dash quick, really warming to him at 19 should Hockenson already be off the board, below is the Irv Smith Jnr part of the receiver draft primer on SI.

Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama

With 710 yards last season, Smith broke the Alabama single-season receiving record for his position, which is impressive given the pedigree of tight ends that have gone through Tuscaloosa. He runs a 4.5 40-yard dash, an incredible time for a 241-pound tight end.

Playing at a school like Alabama, Smith’s blocking skills are, of course, fundamentally sound. He’s a physical blocker who leverages his hands well at the point of contact. Smith is also a precise route-runner for a tight end, which in today’s NFL, will give him a great advantage. In the high-octane Alabama offense with a quarterback like Tua Tagovailoa, Smith rarely had to make difficult catches. On most of his receptions, he was relatively open. NFL teams will want to see more of him making plays in traffic, since that’ll be his reality at the pro ranks.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/08/nfl-draft-2019-top-wide-receivers-tight-ends-nkeal-harry-marquise-brown

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic