2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

On 1/12/2019 at 3:11 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Extremely talented group of OL going to the Senior Bowl, can't rule out one of these guys being a Titan in April.

I’m excited to see Bradbury, McCoy, and Jenkins in action during the week. I think we likely draft one of them in the 3rd or 4th Round.

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Jim Wyatt in his latest mailbag was asked to list his 4 top needs. He listed WR twice. And that he thinks theyll have to add a playmaking WR and another. 

Yep

Robinson has basically said as much. 

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Jim Wyatt in his latest mailbag was asked to list his 4 top needs. He listed WR twice. And that he thinks theyll have to add a playmaking WR and another. 

I’m thinking an outside WR in free agency and slot WR in the draft (AJ Brown or Andy Isabella are the two targets specifically that I think would fit well).

18 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

I’m thinking an outside WR in free agency and slot WR in the draft (AJ Brown or Andy Isabella are the two targets specifically that I think would fit well).

Could definitely go down this way. 

Or vice versa haha. 

It's awkward because there are a lot of good slot receivers available in FA, as well as the draft. 

47 minutes ago, tgo said:

Could definitely go down this way. 

Or vice versa haha. 

It's awkward because there are a lot of good slot receivers available in FA, as well as the draft. 

Yeah I have been going back and forth between Tyrell Williams and Adam Humphries as potential players we could have interest in. Humphries has had some nice success as an UDFA and is only 25 years old. He was signed back in 2015 when Robinson was with the Bucs (so he may have personally pitched for him) so there could be some extra interest there, but a lot of that may depend on how good some of the slot WR's look at the Combine. John Brown could also be a lower cost option as well.

Seems ESPN are kicking off their 2019 NFL Draft Coverage extremely early this year, they have a 1hr SportsCenter Special: Mel Kiper's NFL Mock Draft 1.0 on ESPN 2 at 7pm on Thursday Night.

Never been a fan of Kiper Jnr/McShay but will be interesting to see what the are hearing about specific players early in the draft process.

Mel Kiper Jnr has the Titans taking Iowa TE TJ Hockenson at #19 in his Mock Draft 1.0, if Vrabel truly wants to commit to the run game and protecting Mariota this pick would make a lot of sense.

In reality it's hard to see JRob taking a TE in the first round given the other higher priority needs this offseason.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Mel Kiper Jnr has the Titans taking Iowa TE TJ Hockenson at #19 in his Mock Draft 1.0, if Vrabel truly wants to commit to the run game and protecting Mariota this pick would make a lot of sense.

In reality it's hard to see JRob taking a TE in the first round given the other higher priority needs this offseason.

True, but Hockensen has some Gronk in him (without the baggage and injury history, but obv a little less talented). And Robinson was pounding the table for Gronk in New England, and single handedly convinced Belichick to take him. 

1 hour ago, tgo said:

True, but Hockensen has some Gronk in him (without the baggage and injury history, but obv a little less talented). And Robinson was pounding the table for Gronk in New England, and single handedly convinced Belichick to take him. 

Very good point you make here and we all heard the Gronk trade rumors last off-season, so maybe they could via Hockensen as a once-a-decade type player. I imagine if they went down this road, they likely would try and trade Smith or Firkser potentially.

Edited by titanskick8851

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic