OILERMAN

The tax windfall that wasn't: A troubling new IRS report suggests many Americans may be giving money right back to the government

OILERMAN   
Just now, Justafan said:

Ah.  I didn't realize it was 0 for people making under a certain amount.  People really are stupid, taking free money and instead throwing it at cars they can't afford.

I've actually done the math for myself. It's more than doable

I saw a couple that was under the limit and using the wiggle room to convert their 401k each year to their Roth tax free 

Legally not paying a dime

OILERMAN   

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c671dcee4b033a799429900

Beth Callori of Long Island, New York, said she was thrilled to receive about $90 more in each paycheck last year. Thanks to the new lower federal income tax rates, Callori’s employer, a financial services firm, was withholding less from her paycheck for federal tax purposes. 

“I thought, ‘Wow, Trump is great, I love him,’” Callori said. 

But last week Callori heard from her tax preparer that she owes the federal government more than $5,000 ― almost five times as much as she had to pay in previous years. 

“I almost fell out of my chair. I could not believe it,” she said. “I voted for Trump. I thought he was going to be good for this country, but when I got that phone call, that’s it, I’m done.”

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c671dcee4b033a799429900

Beth Callori of Long Island, New York, said she was thrilled to receive about $90 more in each paycheck last year. Thanks to the new lower federal income tax rates, Callori’s employer, a financial services firm, was withholding less from her paycheck for federal tax purposes. 

“I thought, ‘Wow, Trump is great, I love him,’” Callori said. 

But last week Callori heard from her tax preparer that she owes the federal government more than $5,000 ― almost five times as much as she had to pay in previous years. 

“I almost fell out of my chair. I could not believe it,” she said. “I voted for Trump. I thought he was going to be good for this country, but when I got that phone call, that’s it, I’m done.”

At least some of the suckers are learning...

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

People who voted for man eating tiger shocked and deeply saddened when tiger eats them.

Tiger must be Trump’s spirit animal. They are both orange, play a lot of golf, and cheat on their wives. 

abenjami   
2 hours ago, oldschool said:

I'm in the same boat as legal and chef. Not quite in the 1% and I'm fucking terrified of what I'm going to owe. Thanks GOP.

If you would have bought a Tesla, you’d owe $7,500 less!