OILERMAN

The tax windfall that wasn't: A troubling new IRS report suggests many Americans may be giving money right back to the government

OILERMAN   

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-the-tax-windfall-that-wasnt-20181101-story.html?fbclid=IwAR2t2jQtEb-8_oSb-1gPA-o8WokB6R_Ajz5Ncjgb_l1VAes4HIy9sDy6zt0

But millions of Americans looking forward to their tax refunds are about to be disappointed, even upset. They will not see their expected refunds when they file their returns in 2019. Even worse, many will be required to pay extra taxes. Why the change? The Republicans’ push to sell their tax law to the American public is the culprit.

Justafan   

Hard to be mad about the government taking less of my money.  I'm not even mad about the politics of it.  

I just wish they had closed loopholes, reduced spending, and focused the tax reform on helping small business and encouraging wage growth.  

OILERMAN   
9 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Hard to be mad about the government taking less of my money. 

If you read the article it's talking about the fact the IRS isn't withholding enough and a lot of people are going to owe money come tax time. 

It really doesn’t get worse than this if it ends up being true. They blew a hole in the budget and promised relief, but really that relief was essentially giving money upfront to only be paid back the next year. All the while the billionaires were given millions upon millions of tax cuts in perpetuity. 

21 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Yea, that's it. 

Sure seems like it since you refuse to stay on topic or discuss things in any manner looking for a conversation. You can’t even make a point without acronyms, emojis, or insults. I guarantee if you go back through your last 1000 posts you might find a few that fit the criteria. 

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Sure seems like it since you refuse to stay on topic or discuss things in any manner looking for a conversation.

Wow. This again. I have a lot of conversation until yall get too worked up and say "back on ignore" and hide for a week until it eats at you so much you can't help but get back at it. As a matter of fact, didn't you just say that's what you were doing about a week ago? Lmao (oops, you dont like that. My fault). Wisco just said it as well and I bet he'll be responding to something in the near future. Whether in the NFL or sports forum.

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You can’t even make a point without acronyms, emojis, or insults. I guarantee if you go back through your last 1000 posts you might find a few that fit the criteria. 

What a left turn. So you went from me not being able to read, to me not staying on topic (to which point, you surely are staying on topic, huh?), to smiley faces and insults?

First, in most of the posts you find me making insults, I bet you also find more times than not ppl provoking that insult. I mean, it's just a matter of time before you get tired of this conversation (this is what it is so far, right? Ok, just making sure) and throw out the "simple jake", right?

Secondly, damn man. My "Lmao" and emojis have you feeling some type of way? But you ignore me so damn much. They can't be that annoying...

I just feel a quick and easy lmao better emphasizes the fact that I'm laughing at someone as opposed to saying "that's hilarious" or "funny". But I switch it up and use those sometimes as well. 🤷‍♂️(Damn, I keep forgetting you don't like those). 

I'm just having fun. If that offends you, I'm sorry you feel that way.

13 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Wow. This again. I have a lot of conversation until yall get too worked up and say "back on ignore" and hide for a week until it eats at you so much you can't help but get back at it. As a matter of fact, didn't you just say that's what you were doing about a week ago? Lmao (oops, you dont like that. My fault). Wisco just said it as well and I bet he'll be responding to something in the near future. Whether in the NFL or sports forum.

What a left turn. So you went from me not being able to read, to me not staying on topic (to which point, you surely are staying on topic, huh?), to smiley faces and insults?

First, in most of the posts you find me making insults, I bet you also find more times than not ppl provoking that insult. I mean, it's just a matter of time before you get tired of this conversation (this is what it is so far, right? Ok, just making sure) and throw out the "simple jake", right?

Secondly, damn man. My "Lmao" and emojis have you feeling some type of way? But you ignore me so damn much. They can't be that annoying...

I just feel a quick and easy lmao better emphasizes the fact that I'm laughing at someone as opposed to saying "that's hilarious" or "funny". But I switch it up and use those sometimes as well. 🤷‍♂️(Damn, I keep forgetting you don't like those). 

I'm just having fun. If that offends you, I'm sorry you feel that way.

Prove me wrong. Stay on topic. Have a conversation. Leave most of the acronyms aside. Have a fruitful conversation. Try it on for size. 

Bink   
2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Breaking News:

Trump and the GOP are responsible for the California wildfire that has committed a mass murder of 63 people and counting. 

Hilariously, there is some truth to this. The GOP's denial of climate change will only increase the prevalences of issues like these and we all know the GOP's record on funding services like this one. It relates to the overall topic because the GOP is essentially a party centered around a giant cash grab for the wealthy disguised as a support group for people who hate brown people but don't want to be called out on it. 

39 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Prove me wrong. Stay on topic. Have a conversation. Leave most of the acronyms aside. Have a fruitful conversation. Try it on for size. 

As I've said, I do it enough. I wish yall would do what you say and put me on ignore and leave it there since all you do is start arguments instead of engage in actual conversation like you talk about. 

29 minutes ago, Bink said:

Hilariously, there is some truth to this. The GOP's denial of climate change will only increase the prevalences of issues like these and we all know the GOP's record on funding services like this one. It relates to the overall topic because the GOP is essentially a party centered around a giant cash grab for the wealthy disguised as a support group for people who hate brown people but don't want to be called out on it. 

Correct. Responsible for the hurricanes and any other natural disasters or unfortunate events.  I mean, I'm really starting to believe 9/11 was an inside job. I cant believe it's been there all this time and I didnt see it. 

It was all Trump. Damn. 

Justafan   
7 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Breaking News:

Trump and the GOP are responsible for the California wildfire that has committed a mass murder of 63 people and counting. 

It's funny, this is the exact same complaint many Democrats had when conservatives found every excuse to blame Obama for everything.  It even became a big joke, Thanks Obama!  I guess we're all more alike than unalike after all.