Josh Allen LB KY

headhunter

Im gonna pat myself on the back a little bit so i apologise but I do think im one of the best to understand what Robinson looks for in players at certain positions. I predicted Jack Conklin and Corey Davis and I know a few players that he coveted but wasnt able to draft ( just my honest opinion) I knew Darius Leonard wouldve been a great first round pick if he was selected there. 

With that said Josh Allen fits this defense so damn well Robinson may trade a future second or first to trade up to get him. Hes a perfect fit to a T. 

The good thing about Allen is he isn't just a one dimensional pass rusher, he is equally comfortable against the run and also dropping into coverage, would be a very good long term partner for Landry.

Depending on athletic testing at the combine he is likely a top 15 pick in this draft.

Not sure he is "elite" enough to trade away a future 1st rounder though, plus the 2020 draft looks to be completely loaded at WR/RB so we definitely need to keep that first round pick.

12 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The good thing about Allen is he isn't just a one dimensional pass rusher, he is equally comfortable against the run and also dropping into coverage, would be a very good long term partner for Landry.

Depending on athletic testing at the combine he is likely a top 15 pick in this draft.

Not sure he is "elite" enough to trade away a future 1st rounder though, plus the 2020 draft looks to be completely loaded at WR/RB so we definitely need to keep that first round pick.

Rbs can be had in any round and Id be surprised if he went WR knowing they take awhile to develop. 

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If he has a solid Senior Bowl/Combine he is likely a top 12 pick in this draft, not sure JRob would be willing to give up a 2020 first rounder to get him.

I bet he has no problem with that. Secondary, ILBs, one OLB, DL all signed. On offense both tackles under contract, Mariota is likely givn a new deal, RBs are cheap, do need to strengthen interior OL, TE (maybe just a blocker) and another WR.

Right now is the perfect time to trade up for a player like Allen.

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

I bet he has no problem with that. Secondary, ILBs, one OLB, DL all signed. On offense both tackles under contract, Mariota is likely givn a new deal, RBs are cheap, do need to strengthen interior OL, TE (maybe just a blocker) and another WR.

Right now is the perfect time to trade up for a player like Allen.

I am a big fan of Josh Allen so it isn't a talent question for me, it is more surrounding the construction of the roster, i'm not sure trading away a future first round pick is the smartest idea.

We have 1 more year before quite a few guys come off their rookie deals (Byard/Conklin/Sims/Henry/Johnson/Sharpe) JRob needs to be careful not to keep trading away too many picks as he is going to need to replenish the roster with cheap drafted talent.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I am a big fan of Josh Allen so it isn't a talent question for me, it is more surrounding the construction of the roster, i'm not sure trading away a future first round pick is the smartest idea.

We have 1 more year before quite a few guys come off their rookie deals (Byard/Conklin/Sims/Henry/Johnson/Sharpe) JRob needs to be careful not to keep trading away too many picks as he is going to need to replenish the roster with cheap drafted talent.

I wouldnt be scared to do it. Sims, Sharpe, Austin are role players that wont command much. And theres more picks beyond the first round and we have hit on them.

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I wouldnt be scared to do it. Sims, Sharpe, Austin are role players that wont command much. And theres more picks beyond the first round and we have hit on them.

I think I just value a first round pick a bit higher than you might, If I'm giving up an additional first round pick in this draft it would only be for 1 of 2 guys, Nick Bosa or Quinnen Williams as I think they are in the "elite" tier, where Josh Allen sits just below them in the "very good" tier.

20 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I think I just value a first round pick a bit higher than you might, If I'm giving up an additional first round pick in this draft it would only be for 1 of 2 guys, Nick Bosa or Quinnen Williams as I think they are in the "elite" tier, where Josh Allen sits just below them in the "very good" tier.

I just value players

• 2 weeks later...

Has been a tonne of buzz building for Allen throughout this CFB season, that buzz seemed to ramp up even further this week with quite a few draft analysts now suggesting Allen has worked his way into the top 5 discussion, apparently both the Jets and Giants absolutely love Allen.

There is no doubt he would be a perfect fit for us opposite Landry, his ability to not only rush the passer at a high level but also hold up against the run is a highly desired trait for a starting OLB, but it's his comfort with dropping into coverage that is what differentiates him from most of the other OLB's in this class.

While it's still extremely early in the draft process it just feels like we will win enough games down the stretch to push us out of a realistic shot of getting Allen in April.