Dan Orlovsky talks Mariota

OILERMAN

6 hours ago, oldschool said:

nah it's the one read RG3 offense that has changed everything... I heard it on a podcast so it must be true!

The RG comment was repeated on the broadcast from LaFleur not a podcast and no one said it changed everything 

I’m saying me predicting they’d use concepts from RG rookie year turned out to be true bothered so many people 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nah it's the one read RG3 offense that has changed everything... I heard it on a podcast so it must be true!

I'm almost feeling better after seeing nearly everyone pick the Colts, lol. We've played better all season as the underdogs.

In the endzone view, Marcus was just avoiding the LB, so he moved up and threw the pass.  Doesn't look like a fake run to me.

3 hours ago, japan said:

Well, you said they would use the RG3 offense.  You didn't say they would pick and choose some concepts from it.  The assumption was that Mariota was just a running QB and could only succeed in that one-read offense.

I’m not sure what degree they are using it

8 hours ago, mact3333 said:

an interesting read from B Brooks about MM and whether he is worth 100M.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000988807/article/marcus-mariota-100-million-man-plus-leveon-bells-value

Not a terrible analysis but his conclusions about staff changing don’t really take into context being in a new offense 3x

• 11 months later...
On 11/15/2018 at 6:24 PM, OILERMAN said:

On this podcast Orlovsky talks about why the offense and Mariota has gotten better. 

He credits Lafleur for getting to know what the players can do. 

He says LaFleur started limiting the drop back passing game(he struggled in preseason, Miami and Ravens as a drop back passer) and doing more playaction and formations Mariota was more comfortable with while keeping the Shanahan scheme intact. Obviously talked about Lewis becoming the featured RB. 

This also goes hand in hand with what the announcers said Sunday as far as LaFleuer going back and studying what RGIII did well and using it for Mariota. 

Some people have gotten bothered by comparing Mariota to RGIII but I think that's misguided. The Shanahans(and LaFleur) did a great job with RG as a rookie and got production. The problem was injuries and the fact RG and Snyder wanted to make RGIII a pocket passer. 

McVay barely has Goff execute straight drop backs, he went 3 games in a row earlier this season without executing a straight drop back pass. 

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=25284635

Ah, the good old days from the wise philosopher.