Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

Iowa TE T.J. Hockenson

Stocker has to go. Delanie is ? Firkster needs to grow. Jonnu is the opposite of Stocker. Cut both one trick ponies. 

I could see Jrob going TE first round. This guy or Fant. Helps cut 2 roster spots and add a weapon in the event that The Harvard Man doesn't develop or Delanie never returns to form. 

Basically JRob could draft a TE and an OG in the first two rounds and it wouldn't bother me.  As long as they are guys that can play at a high level as starters for many years.  We need to solidify the inside of the OL no matter what we do.  TE is a big part of our offense both in the running game and passing game.  Imagine if we drafted a good Kelce like young guy along with Delaney playing decently for another year or so.  Smith maybe stays around for one last year to see if he can mature since he showed some promise before he got hurt.

Thing is good pass catching TEs are as good for the offense as quality #2 WRs in the passing game.  If they can push people around in the run game they have tremendous value. 

You can't help but laugh watching the start of these Hockenson highlights, straight up pancaking guys in clip after clip.

Fully understand there is only a minuscule possibility he becomes a Titan, based on both our current needs at other positions and also that we are sitting at pick #19, realistically he is a top 15 pick in this draft.

I just hope JRob who convinced Belichick to take a chance on Gronk sees similar traits in Hockenson and wants to make him a Titan.

Whoever ends up drafting him is getting one hell of a player.

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Fully understand there is only a minuscule possibility he becomes a Titan, based on both our current needs at other positions and also that we are sitting at pick #19, realistically he is a top 15 pick in this draft.

What needs are more important than adding a great blocking guy on the edge who can also be a big playmaker in the offense.  It is like getting two for the price of one.  Add in that Smith is coming off a late season ACL and Walker, also coming off injury is 35 years old it looks like a big enough need.  Add in the chance to get a real stud who can help the run and passing games.....  slam dunk.  It is such a big slam dunk I'd consider trading up for the guy. 

J. Smith suffered an MCL injury in early Dec.  There are no reports of him having surgery.

The Titans are fine with TEs  who are receivers.  They have a need for a true blocker to replace Stocker who is a FA.  If they can find a blocking TE who can also line up in the backfield as a lead blocker, all the better.  Those type of players aren't that hard to find or expensive either in the draft or FA.

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Lions at #8. Some Detroit fans are already expecting it. Their only TE is Michael Roberts. They dont have a starter.

If he somehow makes it to our pick, you have to take him.  Front 7 is loaded in this draft and will get a good one in round 2.

Id be all in with this guy. I hope Walker can come back strong but we have to admit he is up there in age and its harder to recover the older you are. Even if Walker does come back strong they would make a hell of a duo, and it would add a nice dynamic to the offense. 

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:26 AM, tgo said:

I think if the Titans were to A) Not re-sign Stocker, and B) not sign a legit free agent TE, 

Then this guy could probably actually enter the picture for the first round pick. Outside of this, I don't see it at tight end. 

But it's hard to overlook a guy like Hockenson. 

The Stocker situation has nothing to do with this. Stocker is just a blocker. 

7 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

I would trade Walker and pick 19 and a future 3 to move to 8 to pick Hockenson

Walker has no trade value given his age and contract situation. 

Anybody mention teammate Noah Fant? Might be a better pass catching prospect and will probably be there when we pick. 

Can't wait to see the combine numbers. A very athletic TE. Irv Smith is certain worth considering also. 

Not sure I would move up to get Hockenson.