Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

Iowa TE T.J. Hockenson

tgo   

I think if the Titans were to A) Not re-sign Stocker, and B) not sign a legit free agent TE, 

Then this guy could probably actually enter the picture for the first round pick. Outside of this, I don't see it at tight end. 

But it's hard to overlook a guy like Hockenson. 

Tomachek   
9 minutes ago, tgo said:

I think if the Titans were to A) Not re-sign Stocker, and B) not sign a legit free agent TE, 

Then this guy could probably actually enter the picture for the first round pick. Outside of this, I don't see it at tight end. 

If Frisker can improve on his blocking he will be a stud in this league, MyCole Pruitt came on nice at the end of the season and is a decent blocker.  Stocker, IMO is a goner.  Walker, Smith, Frisker, Pruitt.

I would love to have Hockenson though, but unfortunately I don't see TE being priority this draft for JRob.  

tgo   
Just now, Tomachek said:

If Frisker can improve on his blocking he will be a stud in this league, MyCole Pruitt came on nice at the end of the season and is a decent blocker.  Stocker, IMO is a goner.  Walker, Smith, Frisker, Pruitt.

I would love to have Hockenson though, but unfortunately I don't see TE being priority this draft for JRob.  

Pruitt is an infinitely better blocker than Firkser and that's a really big "if" regarding whether he can improve his blocking.

The thing that makes me thing they could keep Stocker is his versatility. He's the H-back/fullback and really improved down the stretch. 

Tomachek   
7 minutes ago, tgo said:

Pruitt is an infinitely better blocker than Firkser and that's a really big "if" regarding whether he can improve his blocking.

The thing that makes me thing they could keep Stocker is his versatility. He's the H-back/fullback and really improved down the stretch. 

I would hate to lose one of our young TE's who all played well down the stretch.  I can't see us keeping 5 TE's and although Stocker provides a lot to the team age is not on his side.  Firkser just has that natural ability to get open constantly.

tgo   
Just now, Tomachek said:

I would hate to lose one of our young TE's who all played well down the stretch.  I can't see us keeping 5 TE's and although Stocker provides a lot to the team age is not on his side.  Firkser just has that natural ability to get open constantly.

Oh, I agree we won't keep 5 tight ends. 

4 hours ago, tgo said:

I'm not naive enough to think TE is a major priority this offseason, have previously said that it would be highly unlikely for JRob to go TE in the first round, just think Hockenson is one of those rare players that you don't pass on if you get a chance to draft them.

CFB simply doesn't regularly produce "elite" blocking TE's anymore that are also major threats in the passing game, we are talking about a guy who one play is pancaking a DE then the next play highpointing a fingertip TD pass in the Endzone, these type of guys don't come around that often.

There are multiple fan bases around the NFL that are drooling at the prospect of adding Hockenson, teams like the Patriots/Cowboys/Saints/Packers.

A little surprised he hasn't declared yet, seemed a mere formality he would do it after his bowl game, from a football perspective would be a major mistake if he didn't enter the NFL this year.

Hate to burst your alls bubble but with Delanie and Smith coming back and Firkster and Pruitt I say no way in hell any TE is picked at any point in the draft.

Soxcat   
38 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Hate to burst your alls bubble but with Delanie and Smith coming back and Firkster and Pruitt I say no way in hell any TE is picked at any point in the draft.

Actually that list isn't all that impressive considering Walker's age and Smith is coming off a pretty bad injury (and wasn't super star quality either to begin with).

So, if you want to settle for sub par performance from the TE position instead of getting what might be a decade long stud.....  whatever.

Not sure who that guy might be but if we can get anything close to a Kittle type guy at TE it would make huge sense to consider the pick. 

Think about it.  Imagine having a young Kelce.  In fact the way we missed Walker last year should make everybody think about how important that position can be. 

6 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Actually that list isn't all that impressive considering Walker's age and Smith is coming off a pretty bad injury (and wasn't super star quality either to begin with).

So, if you want to settle for sub par performance from the TE position instead of getting what might be a decade long stud.....  whatever.

Not sure who that guy might be but if we can get anything close to a Kittle type guy at TE it would make huge sense to consider the pick. 

Think about it.  Imagine having a young Kelce.  In fact the way we missed Walker last year should make everybody think about how important that position can be. 

I always project what Jrob will do mixed in with my opinion. I shouldve said I personally dont see Jrob going TE in the first round I guess it depends on free agency and OC.  He's picked our biggest weakness so far in the first round and right now I cant say its our biggest weakness. 

Edited by headhunter