Iowa TE T.J. Hockenson

AussieTitanFan08

On 1/7/2019 at 10:38 AM, tgo said:

Pruitt is an infinitely better blocker than Firkser and that's a really big "if" regarding whether he can improve his blocking.

The thing that makes me thing they could keep Stocker is his versatility. He's the H-back/fullback and really improved down the stretch. 

I could see them keeping Stocker as the FB/4th TE even.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Titans are fine at TE but two elite athletes with big-time production are likely available in the first round.  TE is a position where you can upgrade the passing game, the blocking, and the run g

Yeah I'm down for spending 1st rounders on talent you're unlikely to find in other rounds, even if it's not the primary need. These two TEs are rare specimens it seems.   And even if TE isn'

While there is some uncertainty as to whether he will declare for the 2019 Draft, with our likely interest in TE's in the 2019 Draft T.J. Hockenson from TE Factory Iowa is one guy to keep an eye on.

The Titans are fine at TE but two elite athletes with big-time production are likely available in the first round.  TE is a position where you can upgrade the passing game, the blocking, and the run game all with one player.  It's tough to overlook guys like Hockenson and Fant especially if the top 5 edge guys are all gone by the time 19 rolls around. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 10:26 PM, Justafan said:

The Titans are fine at TE but two elite athletes with big-time production are likely available in the first round.  TE is a position where you can upgrade the passing game, the blocking, and the run game all with one player.  It's tough to overlook guys like Hockenson and Fant especially if the top 5 edge guys are all gone by the time 19 rolls around. 

Yeah I'm down for spending 1st rounders on talent you're unlikely to find in other rounds, even if it's not the primary need. These two TEs are rare specimens it seems.

And even if TE isn't a huge need right away, it will be soon enough. You may not get this class to choose from again any time soon.

We don't need Fant in the first. Firkser is a really good pass catcher who can't block. We don't need to waste a first round pick on another guy like that (even if he is an athletic marvel). Hockenson can block and catch. He would also be able to study under Delanie and Jonnu which would be fantastic. We could literally run a 3TE set with CD split out wide and Henry in the backfield. NO ONE would know what kind of play is coming. 

I said I liked Fant because when I started looking Hockenson would be gone.  Fant has to become a better blocker to be NFL elite, but he's not terrible.  If it was either or, I would take Hockenson.