Democratic Nomination for 2020 - UPDATED to include those who have officially announced

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know some people don't want to hear it, but it's going to be Bernie and if it is, he's gonna win. 

Amigo, there has to be a transition that isn’t strictly Medicare for All, regardless of how the bill is written. I’ve supported Medicare for All for a long time now. I still support it. When speaking

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Dollop said:

I’m all aboard the Warren train. Much more substantive than anyone else.  GF works on the campaign, and has met a few times.  Unbelievably modest and kind.  Makes a point to call everyone who works for her on their birthday.

You can debate Warren’s politics and policies, but I don’t think anyone can challenge her heart or where she’s coming from as a change agent for working class America. 

The Trump presidency is no longer an unknown. If dems and independents don’t reject it in full force in 2020, then we certainly deserve a continuation of this crappy divided, in your face America we’ve seen for the last 2 years.

29 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

🤔 I voted for Hillary Clinton! I will vote for Joe Biden if he's the nominee. But, alas, I am not everyone. You should read a little closer if you think I am the one who needs to grow up. For all your talk of binary thinking you pretty quickly assigned me to the category of juvenile Bernie bro even though I never voted for him at any level.

You guys are being the obtuse ones here.

The Democratic Party needs to put out better candidates if they want to win. Hillary Clinton lost to who we all see as the worst candidate in our lifetimes. That should be a wake up call to us that maybe we were wrong to think Hillary Clinton was a good candidate. It's not that she just wasn't great, she was terrible as shown by her loss to DONALD TRUMP!

I know it's hard to admit you were wrong, and won't make a difference if you do, but we were wrong. I'm willing to admit that.

I'm not a clinton fan but the idea she was a terrible candidate is laughable and really shows how the right wing propaganda machine has managed to impact the thinking of more than just republicans. Personality aside she was one of the most qualified candidates to ever run based on previous public service. She just coudn't connect with people as a policy wonk and screwed up royally with the email situation. Her campaign also made a few really bad decisions. Even with all that it took 100K voters across 3 states to take the election from her.

8 minutes ago, WG53 said:

Keep making excuses for shitty candidates. Blame others for your mistakes and then call them juvenile. That'll really get people on your side. 

Probably better if you don't vote with this amateurish stance. National Politics is not for the faint of heart.

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Probably better if you don't vote with this amateurish stance. National Politics is not for the faint of heart.

There you go with the name calling again. 

My stance is reality and your denying it just shows why your party loses.

17 minutes ago, oldschool said:

pretty clear this subject is above your paygrade tv boy.

Pretty clear you're just being a clueless douche that wants to blame someone else for your party's failure.

Edited by WG53
6 minutes ago, WG53 said:

I've made my point several times but all you can do is name call in response.

Calling your stance amaturish and juvenile isnt name calling. Its attacking your point for what is. Now if I called you an emo millennial bitch it would be a different story.

23 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Calling your stance amaturish and juvenile isnt name calling. Its attacking your point for what is. Now if I called you an emo millennial bitch it would be a different story.

And you're wrong on all counts.

21 hours ago, oldschool said:

Then get used to being screwed by right wing policies. Your stance is juvenile.

Yep. There is nothing wrong about voting on pure principle. Just know that Republicans are going to vote for their nominee every single time. So if you are willing to accept the consequences of losing by refusing to vote for a Democrat you don't think is pure enough, that's your choice. It just pisses me off to see the same people bitching about Trump and Republicans. 

They way you defeat Trump and Republicans is by winning elections. period. marches won't do it and the courts aren't enough. 

So if a progressive purity test is important to you then so be it. I just don't want to hear a goddamned peep out of you when the republicans win and start systematically dismantling the progressive policies it took decades to enact. And I really don't want to see any fucking marches. You wanna March? March your ass to the polls every fucking election and vote for the Democrat. 

If you want a perfect candidate who agrees with you 100% of the time, then put your name on the ballot.

Otherwise, pick the one closest to your opinions.   It's not that hard.

One more thing, the country ended up with Bush, the Iraq War and an economic disaster because 70,000 true believers in Fla. voted for Ralph Nader.

1 hour ago, WG53 said:

I'm not a fucking Democrat. You want me to vote blue? Give me a candidate worth voting for. Otherwise stfu with your pathetic blame game.

So I'm not sure you have a dog in this hunt.