Legaltitan

Democratic Nomination for 2020 - UPDATED to include those who have officially announced

Amy Klobuchar will officially launch her campaign today. In single degree temps in Minnesota...

Jay Inslee hasn't officially announced or even formed an exploratory committee yet. He should be in Have all but officially announced/formed exploratory committees/hired campaign staff. It does sound like he's going to run and focus on climate change.

Btw it's John Delaney not Joe Delaney! No respect smh 😄

Kirsten Gillibrand has an exploratory committee so she should be in official.

I would move Hillary Clinton and John Kerry to Unlikely or Declined.

@Legaltitan

1 minute ago, Rogue said:

Holder?  I don't see him being all that popular.  

Same, but honestly a lot of the people running are basically at single digits in polling right now. Most people have no idea who they are lol.

Why not go and see if you can resonate with the crowds and take your chances? For the most part the nomination is wide open and anyone could catch fire.

Rogue   
1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

Same, but honestly a lot of the people running are basically at single digits in polling right now. Most people have no idea who they are lol.

Why not go and see if you can resonate with the crowds and take your chances? For the most part the nomination is wide open and anyone could catch fire.

I get that, I just don't see it.

Honestly, I think Biden has the best chance, because he can get moderate democrats and independants, but also the youth.  There is a younger age group that are Obama supporters that favor Biden, for some reason.

That doesn't mean that someone else can't bridge that gap, he's just the guy that could do so as of now.  They really need someone to bridge that gap. However, disenfranchised younger liberals may have learned a lesson.  Whatever happens, 2020 will be interesting.

23 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I get that, I just don't see it.

Honestly, I think Biden has the best chance, because he can get moderate democrats and independants, but also the youth.  There is a younger age group that are Obama supporters that favor Biden, for some reason.

That doesn't mean that someone else can't bridge that gap, he's just the guy that could do so as of now.  They really need someone to bridge that gap. However, disenfranchised younger liberals may have learned a lesson.  Whatever happens, 2020 will be interesting.

I think Booker has the best chance. He is young and charismatic and will probably remind people of Obama. 

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

Booker's a bit of a phony, but hell America elected Trump so I no longer take it as a given that they will reject a phony.

I don’t see him as a phony at all. A phony isn’t running into a burning building to save someone. A phony isn’t going to do the job he did in Newark as mayor. I think he is the real deal. 

BTW, if you didn’t watch his interview on Maddow last night you should check it out. 

Edited by Starkiller

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I don’t see him as a phony at all. A phony isn’t running into a burning building to save someone. A phony isn’t going to do the job he did in Newark as mayor. I think he is the real deal. 

BTW, if you didn’t watch his interview on Maddow last night you should check it out. 

ok how about blowhard gasbag?

3 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

ok how about blowhard gasbag?

No more than most any other politician...

Honestly, I’m curious as to what you are basing your opinion of him on. I haven’t seen anything that makes me think he is a phony.

There was the thing where he released Kavanaugh documents that he wasn’t supposed to but then afterwards it was stated that they had been opened up already. I didn’t see that as him being phony so much as not knowing they were then open. 

16 hours ago, Starkiller said:

No more than most any other politician...

Honestly, I’m curious as to what you are basing your opinion of him on. I haven’t seen anything that makes me think he is a phony.

There was the thing where he released Kavanaugh documents that he wasn’t supposed to but then afterwards it was stated that they had been opened up already. I didn’t see that as him being phony so much as not knowing they were then open. 

Just from watching and listening to him.

To be more specific, " I am Spartacus" comes to mind.

12 hours ago, TitansFan777 said:

I think Booker is a bit of a grandstander, and that every move he’s made for years has been with the goal of the presidency in mind. Not that there is anything too wrong with that, but he seems a little too full of himself. 

This is a good way to put it, and I 100% agree.  I don't dislike him, but I question his broad appeal. We shall see.