Legaltitan

Democratic Nomination for 2020 - UPDATED to include those who have officially announced

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, rns90 said:

I have to be honest, I had no idea that some of these people (Sestak and Bullock) were running for president.


Once they get lost in the shuffle, you know it’s over for them.
 

At least Harris was a well known name who was in all the debate, yet even she had to drop out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 11:23 AM, oldschool said:

 

Bullshit. Looks at the latest numbers. The party is overwhelmingly center left by all verifiable metrics. It's the extreme left that is imposing their narrow views on the party at large. If you want to continue to hand the country to a gutless GOP then by all means continue down this track.

 

What is your answer to the fact that the polls have consistently shown Bernie as a close second to Biden in the vs. Trump polls. Bernie is the next best candidate at beating Trump.

 

Biden is +9.9 and Bernie is +8.5 according to RCP averages. Warren is +7.3 and Buttigieg only +4.

 

Maybe it's the Buttigieg fans that should be taking the most heat for backing the less electable candidate. Bernie is more electable than Warren per the polling!

 

Remember, the election is determined by the voters not the societal elites who tend to hate Bernie.

Edited by Titans279

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

 

What is your answer to the fact that the polls have consistently shown Bernie as a close second to Biden in the vs. Trump polls. Bernie is the next best candidate at beating Trump.

 

Biden is +9.9 and Bernie is +8.5 according to RCP averages. Warren is +7.3 and Buttigieg only +4.

 

Maybe it's the Buttigieg fans that should be taking the most heat for backing the less electable candidate. Bernie is more electable than Warren per the polling!

 

Remember, the election is determined by the voters not the societal elites who tend to hate Bernie.

 

I've already explained this... it's the old white male theory. We are so used to  being led by old white males that we default to them when no one else truly connects. Its subconscious in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oldschool said:

 

I've already explained this... it's the old white male theory. We are so used to  being led by old white males that we default to them when no one else truly connects. Its subconscious in my opinion.

 

I'm talking about that you think Bernie will lose to Trump despite the polls showing him being 2nd strongest against Trump.

 

Why do you think that if Bernie's the nominee something will change and Bernie will no longer be a strong candidate against Trump? What will change that would equate to handing the GOP the presidency?

 

All the arguments for electing Biden because of his chances of beating Trump seem true for Bernie, only slightly less strong because he's doing slightly less well in the polls. Per the polling this whole cycle so far he's better than any non-Biden candidate.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

 

I'm talking about that you think Bernie will lose to Trump despite the polls showing him being 2nd strongest against Trump.

 

Why do you think that if Bernie's the nominee something will change and Bernie will no longer be a strong candidate against Trump? What will change that would equate to handing the GOP the presidency?

 

All the arguments for electing Biden because of his chances of beating Trump seem true for Bernie, only slightly less strong because he's doing slightly less well in the polls. Per the polling this whole cycle so far he's better than any non-Biden candidate.

 

 

 

National polls dont matter... it's an electoral college game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

btw I feel pretty vindicated about my early Kamala take that she had poor political instincts.

 

A lot of people run just because "I want to be president" and without coming up for a reason why. With the amount of media we have now it's easier than ever to spot those people who struggle to have (or adequately fake) authenticity.

 

She never seemed to have any substance or articulate good reasons for running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Titans279 said:

btw I feel pretty vindicated about my early Kamala take that she had poor political instincts.

 

A lot of people run just because "I want to be president" and without coming up for a reason why. With the amount of media we have now it's easier than ever to spot those people who struggle to have (or adequately fake) authenticity.

 

She never seemed to have any substance or articulate good reasons for running.

 

I think she made some really bad decisions; not taking a stand on some key issues like Medicare for all for starters. That being said she is a good candidate with a political future. I've said all along she'll likely by Biden's pick for VP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldschool said:

 

I think she made some really bad decisions; not taking a stand on some key issues like Medicare for all for starters. That being said she is a good candidate with a political future. I've said all along she'll likely by Biden's pick for VP. 

 

I doubt that but maybe if she endorses right away and helps him win the nomination. 

 

I think otherwise Abrams would be more likely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tgo said:

 

I doubt that but maybe if she endorses right away and helps him win the nomination. 

 

I think otherwise Abrams would be more likely. 

 

Harris and Abrams are the go to VP choice for the old white guys...also this route is probably the only way Buttigieg can get > 0% of the AA vote...

Edited by ChemEngr79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.