Legaltitan

Democratic Nomination for 2020 - UPDATED to include those who have officially announced

6 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Never in my life has a political party been this decrepit and pathetic.

That’s how how we can be so sure they will lose the White House in 2020 just like they lost the House of Representatives. 

ctm   
33 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

What do I need to know about Kamala Harris?

Make the case for and against her. I know very little about her.

Your assignment, Mr. Phelps, if you choose to accept it is tell us what the legal issues were and why she refused to prosecute Steven Mnuchin for the One West bank foreclosure violations when she was California AG. 

This is likely to be an issue going forward.

reo   
44 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

What do I need to know about Kamala Harris?

Make the case for and against her. I know very little about her.

I was actually coming on here to post something similar. I've like her from what I've seen. Curious to know more about her pros/cons. On the surface she's one of my favorite candidates but I'm open to changing my mind. Seems very intelligent and articulate with a good legal background iirc.

Edited by reo

I like her on paper well enough. Being from California right away raises red flags as to her ability to appeal to non-coastal voters. How does she come across when speaking? Can she connect with people? 

ctm   
1 minute ago, Legaltitan said:

I like her on paper well enough. Being from California right away raises red flags as to her ability to appeal to non-coastal voters. How does she come across when speaking? Can she connect with people? 

I can tell you one thing.  You don't want her cross-examining your client.  She's terrific and I don't say that lightly.  She's likely to do well in debates.

She's also funny in interviews with media/talk show types.  Very quick with her verbal skills overall.

Kamala is far and away the best candidate to enter so far. She checks many of the boxes for those who vote on identity, and on paper should be a genuinely good candidate:

-Young-ish

-Minority

-Woman

-DA/AG for 13 or so years

-Not a long-term Washington politician/insider

-As someone mentioned earlier, she is a good in debates. YouTube some of it.

-Milf

-#THICC

Edited by TitansFan777

MadMax   
7 minutes ago, TitansFan777 said:

Kamala is far and away the best candidate to enter so far. She checks many of the boxes for those who vote on identity, and on paper should be a genuinely good candidate:

-Young-ish

-Minority

-Woman

You forgot MILF

Cyrus   
1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

She's smart, and accomplished. I personally thought Obama lacked experience as well, and he would have been a far better president had he served a term or two in the Senate. No idea on what Harris' agenda would be exactly, but I would prefer she serve her term as Senator first, then evaluate a run for Presidency.

...but Donald Trump is a really weak candidate, especially right now. So they see blood in the water, and it's also why some Democrats genuinely don't want him to be impeached. His term will be over soon enough and they want to run against a disorganized Republican party.

10 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

She's smart, and accomplished. I personally thought Obama lacked experience as well, and he would have been a far better president had he served a term or two in the Senate. No idea on what Harris' agenda would be exactly, but I would prefer she serve her term as Senator first, then evaluate a run for Presidency.

...but Donald Trump is a really weak candidate, especially right now. So they see blood in the water, and it's also why some Democrats genuinely don't want him to be impeached. His term will be over soon enough and they want to run against a disorganized Republican party.

I prefer experience as well- usually Gov if possible, but in an age where Obama did quite well without any and we currently have Trump.... experience just isn't that big of a box to check off anymore. 

Rolltide   
3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

That’s how how we can be so sure they will lose the White House in 2020 just like they lost the House of Representatives. 

Republicans lost fewer seats than Obama and Clinton did and they held onto the senate and Trump was not on the ballot.  Keep smoking that bad weed. 

You libtards are desperately trying to find a white man in his 70s to bail you out. Will not happen. 

Rolltide   
1 hour ago, TitansFan777 said:

-Young-ish

-Minority

-Woman

-Milf

-#THICC

-Hates america

-Hates men

-Hates white people

Yep exactly what the dimms want. 

Oh i forgot not too black. Racist dimms don't like real black people. 

Edited by Rolltide

11 hours ago, Rolltide said:

-Hates america

-Hates men

-Hates white people

Yep exactly what the dimms want. 

Oh i forgot not too black. Racist dimms don't like real black people. 

Feel better now?

-Cant prove she hates america

-Married to white man

Or by hating white men, do you mean her audacity for asking questions to the drunk judge and the keebler elf?

Just say what we all know you really want to say..."I don't wanna see this god damn dirty mongrel nigger woman be my president"

Edited by TitansFan777

Kamala Harris will be a force in this primary. She has a lot of has a lot of strengths that seem to match up with what seems to matter in a modern campaign like small donors and social media presence.

She's gotten a big haul from small donors since announcing.

Kamala Harris’ presidential campaign raised $1.5 million in its first 24 hours, her campaign aides told POLITICO, a massive haul for the first-term senator from California that tied Bernie Sanders’ one-day total from his 2016 presidential campaign.

Small-dollar donations are an early litmus test in what is anticipated to be a crowded Democratic field. Others who have opened exploratory committees, including fellow Sens. Elizabeth Warren, on New Year’s Eve, and Kirsten Gillibrand, last week, have yet to make public any of their campaign fundraising numbers.

Harris, who announced her candidacy on Monday, crossed the $1 million threshold before 7:30 p.m. and raised $1.5 million from 38,000 donors, her aides said. As a point of comparison, Sanders’ early 2015 cash haul came from about 35,000 donors who gave an average of $43.50, his campaign said at the time.

Harris’ 2020 average online contribution was $37.

And a good social media presence...

1547325614152.png

BTW I'm convinced AOC could legitimately be president some day if she plays her cards right.