Democratic Nomination for 2020 - UPDATED to include those who have officially announced

Legaltitan

Sen. Ted Cruz's strategist nominates O'Rourke:

“The Democrats don’t have anybody like him. I’ve seen all of them. They don’t have anyone of his caliber on the national stage. I pray for the soul of anyone who has to run against him in Iowa in 453 days.”

— Ted Cruz’s strategist Jeff Roe, quoted by Politico, on Rep. Beto O’Rourke’s (D-TX) chances if he ran for president in 2020.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amigo, there has to be a transition that isn’t strictly Medicare for All, regardless of how the bill is written. I’ve supported Medicare for All for a long time now. I still support it. When speaking

I know some people don't want to hear it, but it's going to be Bernie and if it is, he's gonna win. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

Biden is the only one I would consider turning to . I wish Democrats would have at least let Jim Webb speak. I was interested in what his ideas were but they never gave him a chance. 

Webb had his chance and blew it at the opening Democratic debate. He isn’t a realistic candidate for president.

A different poll. It's mostly name ID at this point. A ton of people don't pick any of the media picked front runners (yet).

30% None of the above. lol

25% Biden

18% Bernie

12% Hillary Clinton

4%   Warren

4%   Harris

4%   Bloomberg

3%   Booker 

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/415500-biden-leads-dem-voters-list-of-potential-2020-contenders-poll

Edited by Titans279

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

A different poll. It's mostly name ID at this point. A ton of people don't pick any of the media picked front runners (yet).

30% None of the above. lol

25% Biden

18% Bernie

12% Hillary Clinton

4%   Warren

4%   Harris

4%   Bloomberg

3%   Booker 

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/415500-biden-leads-dem-voters-list-of-potential-2020-contenders-poll

Who in their right mind would say Clinton? 

7 hours ago, kgsTitan said:

I like Jim Webb a lot. And he was my uncle's company commander in Vietnam

I like him as well. Unfortunately when I tuned into the Democrat Debates he got to say maybe 2 sentences and then was shoved aside. I didn't get to hear enough of him to decide on him or not. 

50 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Who in their right mind would say Clinton? 

I guess there are still some people who are just hardcore Clinton fans. 

Idk if you recall the PUMAs in 2008 (party unity my ass) who actually voted McCain over Obama. 

12% is disturbingly high though! 

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Webb had his chance and blew it at the opening Democratic debate. He isn’t a realistic candidate for president.

By blew it, do you mean he didn't come out radical enough, offering free everything to everyone not white, and condemning all to bigot hell who disagree with him? Because I watched all debates from both parties and Webb barely got to speak. 

27 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

By blew it, do you mean he didn't come out radical enough, offering free everything to everyone not white, and condemning all to bigot hell who disagree with him? Because I watched all debates from both parties and Webb barely got to speak. 

I remember him talking about killing a man with a grenade in Vietnam. That’s when I know he wasn’t gonna make it. Lol. 

Also Lincoln Chaffe when he gave his lame excuse to justify a bad vote “it was my first vote.” 

2016 was a joke. 

11 hours ago, Cyrus said:

I think Biden would win. I'd certainly vote for him. Of course, I'd vote for anyone over Trump, but I'd like voting for Biden. 

I have no clue why anyone would think Beto would win a national race. Democrats need to make a big tent. "Progressives" are incredibly fickle. Put someone on the ticket who holds up a lot of traditional Democratic values and can win over the working class.

How does beto not fit that description? 

It will sort itself out. 

Bill Clinton came out of nowhere to deny Bush a second term. Obama demolished Hillary when 2008 was seen as her turn. Hillary won nomination in 2016 because the deck was cleared and fucking Bernie sanders still took her down to the wire. Hillary can do and say what she wants but there is zero chance she is gojng to win the nomination. 

11 minutes ago, ctm said:

Beto will be forgotten by Christmas. His first task is to reestablish himself on the political stage.

He's going nowhere in 2020.

I don’t think this is correct at all. His ability to raise small donations was Obama lite. ThTs when Dems do the best is they show the massive difference in who is funding their campaigns, much like Obama in 08. Beto may wait a while. I hope he does. I would have liked it if Obama was a little older when he ran, but he isn’t going anywhere and he may feel like striking while the iron is hot.