Democratic Nomination for 2020 - UPDATED to include those who have officially announced

Legaltitan

57 minutes ago, Pragidealist said:

This is effectively telling any voter who doesn't want Bernie right now. You can't stop me.  That's going to make it so easy to support him later..   

You don't like Sanders and are too sensitive about it.

Edited by Titans279

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amigo, there has to be a transition that isn’t strictly Medicare for All, regardless of how the bill is written. I’ve supported Medicare for All for a long time now. I still support it. When speaking

I know some people don't want to hear it, but it's going to be Bernie and if it is, he's gonna win. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

You don't like Sanders and are too sensitive about it.

Possibly but There are differences. The biggest is Obama ran as a unifier.  This is “you can’t stop us” is divisive.   

I also thought that anti- establishment stuff was rhetoric from him too. It’s just empty rhetoric to me -  make that concrete and I’ll listen 

11 minutes ago, T-RAC said:

'Establishment' in the sense of the DNC and it's platform of policy goals.

'fighting' in the sense that he's running a presidential campaign, that goes beyond those goals.

Also 'fighting' in the sense of questioning whether the party's goals in policy even match up to its stated ideals, ie justice in the John Rawls sense.

So the “you” is who?  I think that’s prescribing a lot to what was said.  

3 minutes ago, Pragidealist said:

Possibly but There are differences. The biggest is Obama ran as a unifier.  This is “you can’t stop us” is divisive.   

I also thought that anti- establishment stuff was rhetoric from him too. It’s just empty rhetoric to me -  make that concrete and I’ll listen 

Did you forget the attacks Clinton and Obama levied at each other? It was way nastier than Sanders' tweet which is not even nasty. 2008 was even worse than 2016.

Btw, the guys in the tweet are Josh Barro (a former Republican) and Jon Favreau was an Obama speech writer. They aren't Sanders supporters.

Just now, Titans279 said:

Did you forget the attacks Clinton and Obama levied at each other? It was way nastier than Sanders' tweet which is not even nasty. 2008 was even worse than 2016.

Btw, the guys in the tweet are Josh Barro (a former Republican) and Jon Favreau was an Obama speech writer. They aren't Sanders supporters.

Barely - I was supporting Clinton at the time but not really as.., engaged.  

51 minutes ago, Pragidealist said:

So the “you” is who?  I think that’s prescribing a lot to what was said.  

It wasn’t ‘you’ it was ‘they’. They were the DNC and the GOP.

Not really prescribing, just using context. Don’t need to be paranoid.

Bernie should declare as a Democrat officially eventually and say he will abide by the DNC, it would lock in a lot of support from non  Bernie supporters ,wouldn't cause any of his fervent supporters from voting for him despite their grumblings about it, and wouldn't tie his hands at all in actuality at a contested convention; it would be more of a symbolic gesture. 

7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Warren, Biden and Buttigieg dangerously close to going broke

Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobuchar and Elizabeth Warren each started the month scraping perilously close to the bottom of their campaign bank accounts, posing an existential threat to their candidacies as the Democratic primary goes national.

Wang was talking about this post debate, they need to be making ad buys for Super Tuesday and the week after now and the rates are inflated and getting higher because of Bloomberg.  The problem he said, is you have all these staffers who are ardent supporters and would be out of a job telling you to stay in.

6 hours ago, Pragidealist said:

This is effectively telling any voter who doesn't want Bernie right now. You can't stop me.  That's going to make it so easy to support him later..   

Vote for Trump or 3rd party