Democratic Nomination for 2020 - UPDATED to include those who have officially announced

Legaltitan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amigo, there has to be a transition that isn’t strictly Medicare for All, regardless of how the bill is written. I’ve supported Medicare for All for a long time now. I still support it. When speaking

I know some people don't want to hear it, but it's going to be Bernie and if it is, he's gonna win. 

Posted Images

Just now, OILERMAN said:

I'm not saying Sanders will win TX but the polls are actually pretty tight

The polling this morning I saw had Bernie beating Trump in the swing states

He has a better chance than Bloomberg anyway. 

35 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Trump wants to run against Sanders without question. Sanders opens up MI and PA for him. Trump is also ahead in WI polls at present which means Trump wins the electoral map 270-268 if he retains WI and loses MI and PA while everything else stays the same. The naive stance that hatred of Trump is going to lead to record turnout and lead to any Democrat winning is based on nothing and shows a complete lack of understanding of the current breakdown in the Country. The guy is more popular than he's ever been before and only has a -5 net favorability rating which is down from -12 during the 2019 election cycle. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/21/congress-sanders-republicans-trump-116523

I made the article's point a few days ago:  Bernie is a big problem down ballot.

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Trump is ahead of all Dems in WI, not just Bernie 

If Sanders is the nominee, he needs to strongly consider Tammy Baldwin as a running mate. Senator from Wisconsin, experienced legislator. Lesbian. Very progressive, probably the most progressive senator other than Bernie and Warren. 

Would be the Dems best chance at a victory in Wisconsin. 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

If Sanders is the nominee, he needs to strongly consider Tammy Baldwin as a running mate. Senator from Wisconsin, experienced legislator. Lesbian. Very progressive, probably the most progressive senator other than Bernie and Warren. 

And lose a Democratic senate seat? Bad idea...

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

I'm not sure what's the most reasonable out for the Dems, without flipping Wisconsin back. Maybe Florida? 

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

And lose a Democratic senate seat? Bad idea...

He only has a few options to choose from. Warren is probably the best overall option, but Baldwin would be another. The only other viable option may be Harris. 

If he chooses some polarizing lightweight like Nina Turner or whatever, it would be a very bad move considering his age and medical history. And would also be damaging politically. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

He only has a few options to choose from. Warren is probably the best overall option, but Baldwin would be another. The only other viable option may be Harris. 

If he chooses some polarizing lightweight like Nina Turner or whatever, it would be a very bad move considering his age and medical history. And would also be damaging politically. 

There will be plenty of options. But I’d avoid drawing from the senate pool, certainly from a state where it isn’t a lock they replace with a democrat.