Democratic Nomination for 2020 - UPDATED to include those who have officially announced

Legaltitan

2 hours ago, tgo said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/deval-patrick-pushed-out-officials-who-wanted-to-put-his-brother-in-law-on-sex-offender-registry/2019/11/15/955a784e-07ba-11ea-b388-434b5c1d7dd8_story.html

In explaining why he pushed out the two Sex Offender Registry officials, Patrick asserted at the time that the officials had acted inappropriately when they sought to overturn a hearing officer’s decision not to place his brother-in-law on the registry. He acknowledged inserting himself into the case instead of recusing himself.

officials at the board sought to overturn the hearing officer’s decision, but they were unsuccessful. That prompted the hearing officer, Attilio Paglia, to file a whistleblower suit against the board, alleging officials there had improperly tried to overturn his decision. The office of the Massachusetts attorney general in July 2014 settled Paglia’s suit, paying him $60,000.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amigo, there has to be a transition that isn’t strictly Medicare for All, regardless of how the bill is written. I’ve supported Medicare for All for a long time now. I still support it. When speaking

I know some people don't want to hear it, but it's going to be Bernie and if it is, he's gonna win. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If he wins Iowa I think Buttigieg takes the nomination in a landslide. 

I’d be all for it but he probably isn’t going to win NV and SC. 

Black people in SC really do not like him and hispanics in NV don’t either. 

I see a scenario playing out similarly in this race to the Republican primary in 2016 with various candidates winning the early states. 

I could easily see Buttigieg winning Iowa, Warren or Sanders winning NH, and Biden winning NV or SC or both. 

“Former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) are leading the primary field in the first-in-the country caucus state with 22 percent support each, respectively, according to a CBS News/YouGov poll released Sunday. 

South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg closely trails at 21 percent and Sen.

Elizabeth Warren's (D-Mass.) 18 percent also falls within the 4.1 percent margin of error, placing the four candidates in a statistical dead heat for the top spot in Iowa.”