Democratic Nomination for 2020 - UPDATED to include those who have officially announced

Legaltitan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amigo, there has to be a transition that isn’t strictly Medicare for All, regardless of how the bill is written. I’ve supported Medicare for All for a long time now. I still support it. When speaking

I know some people don't want to hear it, but it's going to be Bernie and if it is, he's gonna win. 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Hes just too narrow minded to understand the discussion is a macro one.

It’s a bit different for Liberals in pure red states. We all know our vote will not count. We can vote on principle. The problem is when the argument doesn’t use that as an outright pretext to the discussion. If I lived in anything resembling a swing state I would have voted for that war hawking bitch in a heartbeat. 

18 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Hes just too narrow minded to understand the discussion is a macro one.

No, not quite but continue on with your bullshit reasoning. 

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

@WG53

would you have voted for Clinton if you lived in a swing state? Honest question. 

Probably, but living in TN I wasn't going to waste my time standing in line for my vote not to count.

7 minutes ago, WG53 said:

Probably, but living in TN I wasn't going to waste my time standing in line for my vote not to count.

Yeah, this I do understand.  

The discussion has nothing to do with blue votes in red states as those votes dont matter in the general. It's a larger discussion on whether a voter should put their party above the singular feelings on a candidate. 

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The discussion has nothing to do with blue votes in red states as those votes dont matter in the general. It's a larger discussion on whether a voter should put their party above the singular feelings on a candidate. 

Rather than blaming existing voters democrats should focus on getting larger turnout of the 50+% of non-voters rather than blaming the regular voters that stayed home. And you can start by not giving 1 candidate all the support in the primaries. If you start out with just 2 choices you get exactly what happened in 2016. A shitty candidate that no one has any enthusiasm voting for.

41 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Naw. You’re making the conversation into that by minimizing the fact a lot of people on this board live in TN, where our votes don’t matter. 

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Naw. You’re making the conversation into that by minimizing the fact a lot of people on this board live in TN, where our votes don’t matter. 

Because its irrelevant to the topic. 

22 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Yeah if wg isn't a Democrat then why is he here? 

So if you're not a card carrying Democrat you can't discuss their candidates or issues?

I do generally vote blue as it aligns more with my values generally but I've voted red and independent as well. Not so much in the past several years though. But any candidate has to work for my vote. It isn't just freely given because they are the blue candidate. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

It really isn’t. If the retards in 3 states voted for her this wouldn’t even be a discussion. It isn’t a macro discussion for the simple fact of the EC. 

It's a macro discussion because we are talking about votes that matter aka swing states. Obviously that means blue voters in TN arent germane to the topic at hand so to bog the discussion down makes no sense.