Democratic Nomination for 2020 - UPDATED to include those who have officially announced

Legaltitan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amigo, there has to be a transition that isn’t strictly Medicare for All, regardless of how the bill is written. I’ve supported Medicare for All for a long time now. I still support it. When speaking

I know some people don't want to hear it, but it's going to be Bernie and if it is, he's gonna win. 

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Starkiller said:

No more than most any other politician...

Honestly, I’m curious as to what you are basing your opinion of him on. I haven’t seen anything that makes me think he is a phony.

There was the thing where he released Kavanaugh documents that he wasn’t supposed to but then afterwards it was stated that they had been opened up already. I didn’t see that as him being phony so much as not knowing they were then open. 

Just from watching and listening to him.

To be more specific, " I am Spartacus" comes to mind.

12 hours ago, TitansFan777 said:

I think Booker is a bit of a grandstander, and that every move he’s made for years has been with the goal of the presidency in mind. Not that there is anything too wrong with that, but he seems a little too full of himself. 

This is a good way to put it, and I 100% agree.  I don't dislike him, but I question his broad appeal. We shall see.

On 2/13/2019 at 4:35 PM, Starkiller said:

No more than most any other politician...

Honestly, I’m curious as to what you are basing your opinion of him on. I haven’t seen anything that makes me think he is a phony.

There was the thing where he released Kavanaugh documents that he wasn’t supposed to but then afterwards it was stated that they had been opened up already. I didn’t see that as him being phony so much as not knowing they were then open. 

Booker is a fucking savage.

He is the only candidate that has announced so far that I'd happily vote for in the primary. 

Well actually I really like Julian Castro as well, so I'd have to consider him, but I think he comes across as weak sometimes which could be a problem in the general vs Trump. 

I like Harris alright so far, but I think she's developing some contradictions and what not that are concerning, and make me wonder about what kind of skeletons are in her closet. 

On 2/14/2019 at 9:00 AM, Legaltitan said:

This is a good way to put it, and I 100% agree.  I don't dislike him, but I question his broad appeal. We shall see.

Broad appeal?

I mean, the only people that rival his charisma in the potential field are Beto and Biden. 

7 hours ago, patsplat said:

Booker's ambitions are not matched by articulation.  Dude can't make his point.

He's extremely articulate and nuanced. 

But I guess if you mean talking in Kindergarten terms for the masses to understand very easily like Trump, then point taken. 

Edited by tgo

4 hours ago, tgo said:

He's extremely articulate and nuanced. 

But I guess if you mean talking in Kindergarten terms for the masses to understand very easily like Trump, then point taken. 

He came off very awkward in that Senatorial rules show down a while back.  He doesn't have that "reclaiming my time" magic.

He may be better with rehearsed speeches.