Democratic Nomination for 2020 - UPDATED to include those who have officially announced

Legaltitan

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I don’t think this is correct at all. His ability to raise small donations was Obama lite. ThTs when Dems do the best is they show the massive difference in who is funding their campaigns, much like Obama in 08. Beto may wait a while. I hope he does. I would have liked it if Obama was a little older when he ran, but he isn’t going anywhere and he may feel like striking while the iron is hot. 

Beto lost.  He doesn't have a job.  Obama was a senator.  His best shot now is to try and pick a winner in 2020, endorse him/her and ride their coattails into a new administration.

Edited by ctm

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amigo, there has to be a transition that isn’t strictly Medicare for All, regardless of how the bill is written. I’ve supported Medicare for All for a long time now. I still support it. When speaking

I know some people don't want to hear it, but it's going to be Bernie and if it is, he's gonna win. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He lost in Tx versus Obama in Illinois running primarily through Chicago...pretty massive difference. 

Beto is now a charismatic nobody.  That won't do it in a democratic primary against 15-20 established politicians. 

The real power in the democratic party is transitioning to women and more specifically black women. 2020 might be a cycle too early  but give me the name of whoever wins the South Carolina primary and I'll tell you who has a good chance to be on one of the spots on the ticket.

Just now, ctm said:

Beto is now a charismatic nobody.  That won't do it in a democratic primary against 15-20 established politicians. 

The real power in the democratic party is transitioning to women and more specifically black women. 2020 might be a cycle too early  but give me the name of whoever wins the South Carolina primary and I'll tell you who has a good chance to be on one of the spots on the ticket.

That charismatic nobody took in more donations than any politician in the country. 

6 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

That charismatic nobody took in more donations than any politician in the country. 

That was impressive.  He won't even run in 2020.  Same for Ocasio-Cortez

Book mark it and we'll see.

Edited by ctm

I'd vote for pretty much anyone if it would mean unseating Trump.  Mike Mularkey can run and I'll vote for him.  Maybe Ken Whisenhunt wants to run.  Is Chris Johnson interested?

Edited by scine09

Just now, ctm said:

That was impressive.  He won't even run in 2020.  Book mark it and we'll see.

Like I said, I kind of hope he doesn’t. He should get involved nationally in the progressive cause and take another shot at Cruz. I think he’ll win next time. Then his time will come if he can keep his one clean. I do think he would make a great VP candidate, but that’s pretty much political suicide for anyone who wants to be president. 

Still, if he ran I would highly consider voting for him in the primaries. He’s a charismatic guy with just enough dirt on him to let you know he’s real. He doesn’t hide it either. I like most of his stances. But most importantly I like his tenacity teamed with his ability for the most part to run a positive campaign while not backing down from a good fight. Let him season a little bit and he would make a damn good president in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If it came came down to Booker vs Beto, Democrats would likely go with Booker. Both are charismatic speakers but Booker has more experience. 

Just now, Starkiller said:

If it came came down to Booker vs Beto, Democrats would likely go with Booker. Both are charismatic speakers but Booker has more experience. 

I don’t know about that. One is a pit bull and one is a charismatic and overly positive individual. One also has sexual assault allegations against them, that though untrue would likely affect the outcome. It will be interesting to watch unfold, but one thing I know is they need a fighter up there. They need to let the old guard die out. 

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I don’t know about that. One is a pit bull and one is a charismatic and overly positive individual. One also has sexual assault allegations against them, that though untrue would likely affect the outcome. It will be interesting to watch unfold, but one thing I know is they need a fighter up there. They need to let the old guard die out. 

Sexual assault? Please... it’s a ridiculous made up charge that you are going to see against any male Democrat contender. The right knows he is a huge threat which is how they created the whole thing. 

35 minutes ago, ctm said:

Beto lost.  He doesn't have a job.  Obama was a senator.  His best shot now is to try and pick a winner in 2020, endorse him/her and ride their coattails into a new administration.

I didn't realize this but Beto is a Congressman.  He can still make noise within the House.

5 minutes ago, patsplat said:

I didn't realize this but Beto is a Congressman.  He can still make noise within the House.

He gave up his House seat to run for Senate.  He's unemployed as of January.

8 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Sexual assault? Please... it’s a ridiculous made up charge that you are going to see against any male Democrat contender. The right knows he is a huge threat which is how they created the whole thing. 

I said it was untrue. That doesn’t mean it won’t have an effect on his chances.