Trades

abenjami

8 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I also offered a counter for the Ingram/Thielen trade. I offered Thielen, Chubb, and Luck for Gurley. He never responded. 

More power to ya, I used to do half a dozen trades a year but also have noticed that it has dipped off. Just not worth trying to have a conversation with someone because as you said, too many idiots overvaluing their own guys.

Unless I get someone's initial offer be something I like (2 weeks ago someone offered me Tevin and M. Thomas for my Melvin Gordon in a ppr), I take it. Usually unless there's an option so obviously a win-win I don't bother with the whole counter dance anymore so I am part of the decline in my leagues.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

I also got no response from another team. He has Fournette and I have Hyde.  I didn’t send an offer. I sent a message saying I think it makes sense for him to trade me Fournette or for me to trade him Hyde so let’s talk. No response. 

I just did DJ for OBJ and Alshon. I feel really good about my team. I’ve got Mahomes, Gordon, Chubb, Kerryon, Ingram, Drake, Thielen, OBJ, Baldwin, Marvin Jones, Alshon, John Brown, Burton. I agree it’s harder to get trades done. This is the first trade I have done in a long time for fantasy. 

The thing I hate most in leagues is when teams who are bottom of the standings refuse to make trades that will make their team better just because they don’t want to make a top team better. This is why I am a big advocate for last place championships. There needs to be a punishment for being last place. I hate being in leagues where teams give up and let teams get easy wins because they don’t set their lineups or stop adding/dropping players. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

Just for fun, i'm going to track how the Breida trade would have worked out.  In Week 10, Breida scored 25.2 points.  The other guy started Howard, who scored 3.2 points.

He also started Kittle (8.3 points) while Ertz put up 26.5 points on his bench.

So if he had done the trade for Kittle, his net improvement would have been 48.5 points this week.

Meanwhile in my league someone just gave Julio Jones up for nothing because they were having a bad season. SMH. Thankfully in that league, I have Hunt, Kamara, Thielen, Nick Chubb, and Ertz--along with Luck at QB. 

2 hours ago, abenjami said:

Just for fun, i'm going to track how the Breida trade would have worked out.  In Week 10, Breida scored 25.2 points.  The other guy started Howard, who scored 3.2 points.

He also started Kittle (8.3 points) while Ertz put up 26.5 points on his bench.

So if he had done the trade for Kittle, his net improvement would have been 48.5 points this week.

Obviously this isn't scientific but you're just going to assume he starts Breida on a weekly basis? The entire point of it not being some great deal is that there would still be plenty of weeks you'd have to decide when to start him over Cohen and Howard

And your whole point was that it was such a no brainer to start Ertz over Kittle ROS that he'd be an idiot not to trade Kittle

Edited by wiscotitansfan

2 hours ago, Bink said:

Meanwhile in my league someone just gave Julio Jones up for nothing because they were having a bad season. SMH. Thankfully in that league, I have Hunt, Kamara, Thielen, Nick Chubb, and Ertz--along with Luck at QB. 

I'd rather people not trade than this bullshit. Fuck the idea that not trading with the best team is bad because they don't want the rich to get richer, its a perfectly sound argument.

Offering a bench player that's an improvement and whining about it not being accepted is bullshit because if he wanted to trade he could have found a different win-win. Only an idiot wouldn't consider how much better they make other teams in trades.

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I'd rather people not trade than this bullshit. Fuck the idea that not trading with the best team is bad because they don't want the rich to get richer, its a perfectly sound argument.

Offering a bench player that's an improvement and whining about it not being accepted is bullshit because if he wanted to trade he could have found a different win-win. Only an idiot wouldn't consider how much better they make other teams in trades.

Yeah, it was a deal where the guy just said "make me an offer" and accepted the deal. Not enough people voted to veto. 

6 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Obviously this isn't scientific but you're just going to assume he starts Breida on a weekly basis? The entire point of it not being some great deal is that there would still be plenty of weeks you'd have to decide when to start him over Cohen and Howard

And your whole point was that it was such a no brainer to start Ertz over Kittle ROS that he'd be an idiot not to trade Kittle

Yeah, obviously it’s not scientific but with the rules in this league, you can only start two RB. There’s no flex and he’s got Hunt as his #1.  Also the reason it makes no sense to keep a stud backup TE rostered if you can trade him to upgrade elsewhere. 

The point of the trade for him was Brieda was a guy he could start at RB2 every week instead of having to pick his poison with Howard/Cohen.

He started Howard and Kittle this week, so that’s why I used them in the comparison. 

6 hours ago, abenjami said:

The point of the trade for him was Brieda was a guy he could start at RB2 every week instead of having to pick his poison with Howard/Cohen.

It's not anything more than that, plain and simple.... You think Breida is an obvious upgrade to both those guys that he is just a set it and forget it type player. I think that's a load of shit. It's not that difficult on why we disagree, not sure why you're trying to play it off as anything more than you like Breida much more than I do.

I would start Ertz damn near every week unless there was an injury or a terrible matchup but trying to play the matchup lotto for TE is no different than playing the matchup lotto for RB2 when you have two other guys to choose from... Except in your trade you throw value out the window just because it's the RB2 and not TE.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

8 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

It's not anything more than that, plain and simple.... You think Breida is an obvious upgrade to both those guys that he is just a set it and forget it type player. I think that's a load of shit. It's not that difficult on why we disagree, not sure why you're trying to play it off as anything more than you like Breida much more than I do.

I would start Ertz damn near every week unless there was an injury or a terrible matchup but trying to play the matchup lotto for TE is no different than playing the matchup lotto for RB2 when you have two other guys to choose from... Except in your trade you throw value out the window just because it's the RB2 and not TE.

WTF are you talking about?  I'm not trying to "play it off".  Yes, obviously I like Breida much more than you do.  I don't think that was ever in dispute and I've been very clear that I value Breida more than Howard or Cohen at this point.

I would start Ertz every week too but the fact of the matter is this guy started Kittle over Ertz last week and it cost him points.  However, had he done the trade, he would have started Ertz.

8 hours ago, abenjami said:

but the fact of the matter is this guy started Kittle over Ertz last week and it cost him points.  

That's absolutely retarded. Ertz is like a top WR in production. He's on pace for 1400 yards, as a TE!!!

• 1 month later...

So what's the results of this now that the season has pretty much played out?

It's dumb to look at shit like this because dude is obvuously a moron in terms of coach rating but I'm curious if it ended up being lopsided enough a retard couldn't even fuck it up in either direction of this trade

8 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

So what's the results of this now that the season has pretty much played out?

It's dumb to look at shit like this because dude is obvuously a moron in terms of coach rating but I'm curious if it ended up being lopsided enough a retard couldn't even fuck it up in either direction of this trade

I’ll have to back and look. Probably sort of moot with Brieda getting hurt though.