Malcolm Butler

NashvilleNinja

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are asking him to cover receivers, which I agree may be out of his comfort zone. 

Maybe he'll change his name to Valentino too!

20 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Butler is the glaring weakness on defense, otherwise the defense is really good. It's time. 

Belichick didn't give an F what people said in the biggest game, do the Titans have the balls to admit a big time mistake and play Sims?

BB benched him because he felt his bigger CBs would be better at coming up and making tackles in underneath throws, to RBs in particular, which the Eagles did a lot of. The fact that he felt the loss in deep WR coverage would not be enough to offset this is what's problematic.

I’d be willing to bet Butler has allowed as many  TDs as the rest of the secondary combined.  

They definitely need to look at getting Sims more reps.  The money for Butler is already spent, and they’re already locked in for the next couple years...now it becomes a matter of winning games.  

Butler ain’t getting it done.....next man up.

I agree he played better in the second half, but that TD at the end of the first half was just awful. The ONLY job there is to stop the TD. Clock is ticking. You don't sell out on a stop and go. Jeez. As soon as I saw it was Butler lined up on the guy, I started yelling, WTF! Jackson should have been there. 

I think if you checked Dak's total passing yardage and how many were on Butler, it would be well over 50%. 

But the second half, our defense played very well. Actually, most of the game they played quite well. Our offense is what really impressed me, of course, but our defense continues to be very good. 

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

They need to give him safety help if they are going to leave him out there.

Yep, I was screaming for it last night. Either give Sims a shot or make sure there is a safety helping on his side if not.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

They need to give him safety help if they are going to leave him out there.

They can’t. It would change the entire complex of the defense. We are running a strange version of bend but don’t break where both outside CBs are being asked to be aggressive but bail on deep routes. If you put a safety over the top then you change the entire makeup of why the defense is tops in the league. He either needs to get better or they need to put Simms in and deal with the fact he’s going to give up more underneath. 

3 hours ago, Righteous said:

The defense gave up 14 points.  That means for the majority of the time, Butler played well.  He must remember to do his job.  On the TD to Cooper, he should have maintained outside leverage, as he had help inside.

I think that's the key.  14 points.

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

They can’t. It would change the entire complex of the defense. We are running a strange version of bend but don’t break where both outside CBs are being asked to be aggressive but bail on deep routes. If you put a safety over the top then you change the entire makeup of why the defense is tops in the league. He either needs to get better or they need to put Simms in and deal with the fact he’s going to give up more underneath. 

I think it's just the way Pees thinks he can stop offenses.  I have been on Butler like everybody else, but they shade the defense away from him.  CB who play on an island like that are going to give up plays.  Dallas attacked Butler with their #1, but it didn't work.  They shut down the Cowboys big play more than enough to win the game.  Hurns got him bad, but that was also one of Dallas' big play designs.  It's going to be tough watching, but I think the plan is going to continue to be Butler on the field.  Could Sims play a full game better?  wdk